Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Conquistador Discussion Thread

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Are save games compatible with this update ( I am in the middle of Mexico campaign, and will not bother downloading it, if it is not)?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Good thing that it's an option, so you can turn it off when you don't want to enjoy the game anymore :troll:

resized_ScreenShot607.jpg

The bloom was added as a response to criticism that the game world doesn’t really look as bright and warm as you’d expect from Mexico and the Caribbean, so we added this pseudo-HDR effect to simulate over-exposure

Damn straight! I expect my tropics to look like this:
ObbMjL0.jpg

:troll:

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
That's completely up to GOG, we really have no control over it, due to the fact that they make their own installer.

deuxhero

Arcane
I noticed there was a dialog option to station a man to watch over the unloading and the dialog after the tutorial fight mentions some of my stuff was stolen. Would my starting equipment be bigger if I picked that option?

wergle

Educated
I noticed there was a dialog option to station a man to watch over the unloading and the dialog after the tutorial fight mentions some of my stuff was stolen. Would my starting equipment be bigger if I picked that option?
Yup.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yup.

Thanks.

This game is honestly one of the hardest times I've had naming my character. Of all the cultures I have names prepared for, Spain is not one of them. Wound up just using Franco as the last name.

deuxhero

Arcane
I noticed that when I started Steam today. Got all 4 car drops from playing last night.

Just found out the guy who did the music for The Nameless Mod was behind some of the tracks here. Guy is pretty good, would like to see him get more recognition.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I noticed that when I started Steam today. Got all 4 car drops from playing last night.

Just found out the guy who did the music for The Nameless Mod was behind some of the tracks here. Guy is pretty good, would like to see him get more recognition.

The entire core team of The Nameless Mod was behind this game.

made

Arcane
So I glanced over the Codex' "list of incline" and to my amusement this happens to be the only title on the list to actually have seen the light of day so far.

Quite enjoyable little game. Reminds me of the genre mixes of the 80s/90s like Pirates and Rings of Medusa: some RPG elements, some strategy, some trading - but each element by itself relatively shallow.

Music, writing, and graphics (portraits and combat animations at least) are outstanding considering the budget. One major gripe, however, is the 3D exploration mode with its HUEG trees and camera-defying mountains. Why not go with something more planar, less annoying akin to HOMM and the like?

Other than that and some minor UI issues no complaints from me. I imagine the game will grow boring sooner rather than later when the novelty wears off and the simplicity of the mechanics becomes too obtrusive but I'm not there yet.

I give 4/5 so far for nostalgia's sake.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
For those who don't follow the Steam thread, Expeditions is now the Today's Deal at Steam with -50% off (9,99€ for tier 1 eurozone).

#8 in top sellers, I hope that translates into sizeable amount of moneyz.

Unfortunately the influx of new players will ruin my card sales, but eh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom