Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 was always incline

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Its literally flat out said in the game that mordinos use slaves, its shown in their fabric, myron talk about it, mr mordino talk about it. How did you miss it?
That's right. They use slaves to test Jet. I'd forgotten about that.
They have them and experiment on them over at the Stables.
Also where they keep Myron and let him work on and improve Jet.

catfood

AGAIN
I want to play Fallout 2 and I have installed the unofficial patch (the one from github), but there is no indication of it on the game's main menu. How can I be sure that the patch has installed successfully?

Ryan muller

Educated
I want to play Fallout 2 and I have installed the unofficial patch (the one from github), but there is no indication of it on the game's main menu. How can I be sure that the patch has installed successfully?
This one i dont think i can answer well since i never use the unnoficial patch

But i think it should show on the menu?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Have you installed the Restoration Patch from NMA?
You can select whether or not you want to reintroduce the cut content back into the game or you just want the bug fixes.

jakkis

Educated
I think there used to be a rock on the ground on the starting screen, behind the villager blocking your path. If you look at it with the binoculars cursor, it should show the version. I distinctly remember Killap using this, don't know if the updates have kept up with it.

Fargus

Arcane

Does it include high res patch? If so it should be in the options, if it doesn't say anything about the patch on the title screen.

I only use latest RP tho.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Does it include high res patch? If so it should be in the options, if it doesn't say anything about the patch on the title screen.

I only use latest RP tho.
High res patch is automatically included within the Restoration Patch.

Fargus

Arcane
I know, but he mentioned some unofficial patch i never used. Unless he meant RP by that then maybe he installed it incorrectly.

Jigby

Augur
There should be a version string in the bottom right corner of the main menu. If it's missing, then something's wrong.
Have you installed the Restoration Patch from NMA?
that one's old though. The github build is the go-to version.
edit: oh wait, I forgot that the NMA link now redirects to github instead of killap.net.. nevermind, :)

Last edited:

catfood

AGAIN
I am using the patch from here: https://github.com/BGforgeNet/Fallout2_Unofficial_Patch

I didn't want to use the Restoration Patch because I'm only interested in fixes, but if the patch is modular as you guys say then I'll give it a shot. There's no string appearing in the bottom right corner so I guess that means that something went wrong. I'll reinstall the game and try the Restoration Patch instead.

EDIT: I've reinstalled the base game and noticed that it doesn't come with the extra resolution options. I had thought that the GOG version came with those by default but apparently it does not. They only appear once I install the unofficial patch, so I assume that the patch installed correctly, it's just that there is no string in the main menu that highlights this fact.

Last edited:

jakkis

Educated
At least killaps's original readme states you should see both the text in the main menu and the rock with version info on the first screen. So yeah, you sfall and patch aren't loading.

Are you on Windows?

catfood

AGAIN

catfood

AGAIN
At least killaps's original readme states you should see both the text in the main menu and the rock with version info on the first screen. So yeah, you sfall and patch aren't loading.

Are you on Windows?
Nope, I'm on Linux. I'm guessing this is probably the reason why it fails to install properly.

Jigby

Augur

Are you on Windows?
Nope, I'm on Linux. I'm guessing this is probably the reason why it fails to install properly.
On Linux, you have to set an override on ddraw so that sfall is loaded.

if you're starting the game from terminal

Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" wine fallout2.exe

or if you're using Bottles, there is a setting for overrides, you can set ddraw override there.

catfood

AGAIN

Are you on Windows?
On Linux, you have to set an override on ddraw so that sfall is loaded.

if you're starting the game from terminal

Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" wine fallout2.exe

or if you're using Bottles, there is a setting for overrides, you can set ddraw override there.
That did the trick, thanks a lot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom