Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Fallout 4 Announced (for real this time)

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 4

It's been over three and a half years the since the day the Skies were Rimmed. Three and a half years of respite for the RPG Codex. Years during which it seemed to some that Bethesda Softworks and their doings might even be the lesser of most evils. But today, a new darkness rises in Rockville, Maryland. Fallout 4 has finally been announced. Behold:

It's got Ron Perlman! It's got Vault 111! It's got Boston, with robots and zeppelins and stuff! It's got Dogmeat, oh so much Dogmeat! It even has what appears to be a voiced protagonist! Unless Dogmeat is actually the protagonist!

I rate this trailer 10/10, Skyrim total conversion mod of the year. Although I suppose its focus on pre-war events is kind of interesting. We'll learn more about this latest of Bethesda masterpieces at E3 later this month.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. likaq Arcane

likaq
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 26
    ^ Top  
  3. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hmmm... I hope F4 >> F3 will be like Skyrim >> Oblivion.
    Though I fear we just get another pile of AWESOME POSTAPOCALYPTIC STUFF packed together.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Black Arcane

Black
    No.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. meanwhileInPoland Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    looks like utter shit. literally borderlands 3 without cel-shading. mass market will love it :prosper:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Perfect response, :lol:

Also: Fuck Bethesda.

ALSO: FUCK YOU BETHESDA FUCK YOU.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  7. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    Well that didn't last long, did it? :decline:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Beth continues to prove they're the worst people to get their hands on the Fallout license.

Ok second worst.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  9. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    why does it look like a shit skyrim mod? is it gonna be on shitbryo again?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. Black Arcane

Black
    I'd say that' still debatable.
    My guess is that it's the improved, brand new creation engine. :gumpyhead:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Obviously, that doesn't include announcements and releases +M

^ Top  
  12. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Will not watch, will not buy, will not pirate, will not play.
    :dance:

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  13. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That screenshot posted earlier looked terrible but it looks even worse in motion.

Creation/Gamebryo confirmed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman The House Always Wins Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    My prediction:

I will pirate it on day one and play for 20-30 hours over the following week or two, before getting bored to tears, uninstalling and never looking at it again, and after a couple of years I will buy it when it gets discounted to <$10 to ease my conscience.

Worked liked that with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. :M

---

It will obviously be a mainstream hit of a huge magnitude, but I am not sure if it will beat Skyrim's popularity. Generic fantasy and dragons are much more embedded in people's minds nowadays than post-apocalypse, even if the post-apocalypse is as neutered as it will inevitably be in this game.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  15. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    My facebook wall just lit up with girls posting about Fallout 4.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  16. Black Arcane

Black
    On the other hand, it'll be fun watching @driackkin suffer immensely again :troll:
    He'll come back to suffer, right?

^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    In all seriousness, is the prominence given to the dog in the trailer a hint that the dog will actually be playable? They could let you shift between controlling your character and the dog.

Hey, maybe Obsidian can use that functionality in their spin-off to make it a proper RPG with party control! :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    :lol: :lol:

Fallout 4: The new easy way to pickup chicks.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Obviously taking a leaf out of Collar Duty's book.

Note: have not watched the video, but I'll take your word for it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Dreed Bremsstrahlunged Patron

Dreed
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :abyssgazer:

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    If Feargus swallowed his pride after being ass-raped by Bethesda, I bet now he dreams of making Fallout: New Reno.

edit: Beth$ launched today just to fuck with Fargo's kicksarter and divert attention :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    ^ Top  
  22. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Well, what a gleaned out of it was that some of the cityscape (namely the one at the end and the one with someone larping Humphrey Bogart) looked decent, like someone had actually gotten around to rebuilding things. Of course, this is rather savagely contrasted to with some of the other things seen, like that settlement that looks like a fantasy-fied version of Generic Post-Apoc Shantytown #. And of course, the flipping pirate ship (probably a theme park themed settlement, complete with psycho clowns or something). Biggest issue will remain that Bethesda cannot into doing anything but a vidya gaem story with vidya gaem level substance and characters to it. And that they still have only a superficial understanding of Fallout.

Also, I'm calling that the player character will be cryofreezed when the Great War happens and then awoken to the Wasteland.

I'm still giving them a bit of credit for having the courtesy to stay the hell out of the West Coast tho. Even though they still do nothing but recycle superficial elements that don't even have recognition value outside of places like the Codex (ie, Deathclaws, for fuck's sake; you could come up with a whole lot of mutated animals and shit instead). And zerosum credit for New Vegas because of the screwjob they pulled on Obsidian.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  23. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    :mob:

I actually like that Beth are starting to become retro oldschool and stuff. FO3 graffix is oldschool, right?

^ Top  
  24. Black Arcane

Black
    Them staying out of the West coast don't mean anything. They've already brought FEV, super-mutants, BoS and Enclave with them. What's even the point.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.