Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's two endings: Your son dies or doesn't.

CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE GUYS

TEN OUTTA TEN

GAME OF ALL THE YEARS

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I can't believe they recycled the FO3 story. Instead of a kid searching for your father you're a father searching for your kid. How fucking inventive. Bethesda are just overflowing with interesting and fresh ideas.

pippin

Fuck this shit. Having a son gives a way for a Fallout 5 where you have to look for your dad/mom AGAIN.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's what I hate the most about modern multi million dollar crap media. Even when your image as an artist is on the line they aren't even good enough to make something INTERESTINGLY BAD.

Just bland.

Even the most hyped people will not remember it 10 years from now.

Intellectual dust in the cultural wind.

Yeah.

Sad thing is, there's a large audience for this sort of B-grade Hollywoodesque pseudo-emotional shit.

I have read those last several or more pages and I must confess nothing I have read recently made me so much uplifted. It looks there is at least a slim chance this turd will backfire. Nothing could made me more happy! I wish bethesda to burn so much that even writing words "bethesda" and "burn" in one sentence makes me unconsciously grin. Burn bethesda! Burn!

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope Fallout 5 will be more inclusive. Bethesda really should fight more actively against chauvinism and patriarchy.
Maybe, next time story will be more progressive, something like "I'm looking for my grampa's gay partner. Under-aged tranny. Maybe you've seen nem?"

Adon

Arcane
I have read those last several or more pages and I must confess nothing I have read recently made me so much uplifted. It looks there is at least a slim chance this turd will backfire. Nothing could made me more happy! I wish bethesda to burn so much that even writing words "bethesda" and "burn" in one sentence makes me unconsciously grin. Burn bethesda! Burn!

You're overestimating their core audience. I have an inkling of hope that maybe some of people who played New Vegas will compare that with FO4 and come out disappointed. But I assure you that most probably won't give two poops on a stick about the story and C&C.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Don't hold your breath. This thing will crush all the sales records, now matter how many pages of whining we produce. The nu-Fallout fanbase is far too big for it to fail.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
"Our biggest game ever" "map as big as Skyrim's"
That map as big as Skyrim quote was couched in so many modifiers you'd have to be a slobbering idiot to believe the overworld map was just as big. Not that I mind, most of Skyrim's map was copy/paste and quite dull. It's like Skellige's northern half (all those loot ?s) played out over an entire game.

I'll give Todd a little credit, in that GI article that was posted he mentions the difference in their approach to Fallout 4 v how they conceived Fallout 3. He talks about the color shift being owed to trying to build up the Wasteland as a place that people have survived and gone on with their daily life. Hopefully, this approach has cut down / totally eliminated shit like Megaton and Little Lamplight.

Lemming42

Arcane

I doubt they'll burn, they've probably already made a profit from pre-orders alone, but it'd be nice to see a certain amount of backlash against them that hopefully causes them to reconsider their nonstop downward spiral of dumbing down.

I hope Fallout 5 will be more inclusive. Bethesda really should fight more actively against chauvinism and patriarchy.
Maybe, next time story will be more progressive, something like "I'm looking for my grampa's gay partner. Under-aged tranny. Maybe you've seen nem?"

It'd actually be great to have a completely standard save-your-love-interest story, except you happen to be gay and one of you is transsexual. People would absolutely flip.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I wager the reviewers will note how much the series has changed, but write it off as the series evolving over time for the better.

Gruncheon

Augur
Don't know if this has been posted but it's the ending narration. Spoilers obvs.

https://a.pomf.cat/wqklnu.ogg

Imagine a world where one motivational poster quote follows another in perfect succession. Imagine those aphorisms blending themselves together into rope, and then a noose. The noose fits snugly about the neck of RPGs and tightens. With its last breath of air, it says 'war never changes', though it's now so far gone that it cannot remember what those words ever meant.

Fairfax

Arcane
He meant "biggest selling".
"if you played Skyrim, I couldn't tell you it's X bigger, so we're just saying it's about the same size."

WLVQrGx.jpg

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Don't know if this has been posted but it's the ending narration. Spoilers obvs.

https://a.pomf.cat/wqklnu.ogg

My God, that was worse that I expected, and believe me, my expectations at this point are on the level of The Mariana Trench.

Wow.

The cheesy soap-opera level soundtrack. War never changes hamfisted into the dialogue completely out of nowhere.

Kill me now.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imagine a world where one motivational poster quote follows another in perfect succession. Imagine those aphorisms blending themselves together into rope, and then a noose. The noose fits snugly about the neck of RPGs and tightens. With its last breath of air, it says 'war never changes', though it's now so far gone that it cannot remember what those words ever meant.

Speaking of nooses... The ending bits would've been better if, after the protagonist mumbles "I know war. War never changes." we hear the sound of a chair being tipped, a thump and then 21 seconds of cackling and struggling until... just the rope rubbing against the rafter. The symbolism...

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom