Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bethesda's interpretation of Fallout's Chinese is meant to evoke the Imperial Japanese army during World War II. Those Chinese ghouls are a reference to the famous cases of Japanese soldiers holding out on remote islands for decades after the war.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
According to wiki FO3 did 5m units in 3 months.

Skyrim did 7m units in 1 week... (and 20 mio in the next 2 years)

Hype and marketing wise, it looks like they are gunning for Skyrim numbers. It will be interesting. Of course if they do manage to ship 7mio units in a week or even more, Todd can take a shit on the critics, order a new Veyron and plan FO5.

Riskbreaker

Bethesda's interpretation of Fallout's Chinese is meant to evoke the Imperial Japanese army during World War II.
Aye.
They went pretty far with that in that first Fallout 3 DLC. Among other things, that one had a Chinese officer that could be convinced to commit seppuku with his katana.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nigga please, Todd doesnt care for the logic behind a 200 old soda (hell even a 1 year old can make you feel like you drank batery acid) and you expect him and his croonies to know the diference between japanese and chinese?
Hell to him all their money is the same ffs

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Should Bethesda have a tiby bit of writing talent, they'd add stuff like ghoulification made their brain snap and they not perform last duty before turning into ghouls, but it was "hey, let's place chinese ghouls in ushankas and jap swords in this building!"

pippin

The whole Anchorage DLC was a CoD moment. But if ypu stomached it, you got both the Power Armor perk plus the best PA available in the game for you, completely for free.

Adon

Arcane
NEHuUbF.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The pipboy app is out.

Here's the android link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutcompanionapp

You can play the atomic command game on it in demo mode.

This was one of the things I was hyped for (The Pip Boy Games).
I thought maybe they have developed a custom pipboy script language for writing these games akin to Gmod microcontrollers or Minecraft red dust.

Could be cool to see what games come out of modding.. buttt.. meh

Oh god that thing is terrifying.. I didn't know it's a horror game.. nice Bethesda!

Shammy

Learned
Sounds a bit like it, but I don't think it's a 1:1 reading. He may have taken a bit of inspiration though. :cool:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly? Sounds more fun than what we've seen of walking through office buildings clicking on "super mutants" and watching them die like flies.

GloomFrost

Arcane
OMFG!!!! Ok everybody calm down and repeat after me The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon......................

pippin

Yeah, the only thing this game is doing for me is both wanting to play Borderlands for the shootan and Underrail for the true rpg experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom