Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jozoz

Prophet
Daily reminder that people on leddit are calling the new dialogue system superior due to it being more "cinematic" and it "makes you not have to read endless paragraphs of text".

:prosper:

I knew it was bad, but honestly I'm surprised people are this fucking batshit retarded.

Doktor Best

Arcane
OMFG!!!! Ok everybody calm down and repeat after me The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon, The Underrail is out soon......................

Its only Underrail.

Adon

Arcane
For something "cinematic" the transition between regular gameplay to the dialogue system is horrendous. It's a shitty cut that wouldn't even fly in a film school, 0/10 for poor editing.

:rpgcodex:

Drax

Arcane
NEHuUbF.png

:hahyou:

pippin

Daily reminder that people on leddit are calling the new dialogue system superior due to it being more "cinematic" and it "makes you not have to read endless paragraphs of text".

:prosper:

I knew it was bad, but honestly I'm surprised people are this fucking batshit retarded.

Bethesda fans think all the negative comments come from 4chan trolls. As if it was some sort of Gamergate 2.0. They seriously don't believe Bethesda can do anything wrong. I had one Bethestard saying to me something like "Bethesda has said some things that weren't really applied in their games, but they haven't outright lied about anything". This is some 20-something person who has lived throug more than one Bethesda release. There is no hope for anything coming from their side.

No, no, no, I refuse to believe that.

Anchorage is set in a virtual training simulation for the US army, so the officer is based on what the americans thought the chinese soldiers acted. It's admitedly a pretty funny moment, and you need high Speech to access it (otherwise it's a hard fight - he's the highest level enemy in the game). Though I wonder why the scientists thought including diplomatic solutions in a military training program would be a good use of taxpayer money...

Bethesda's interpretation of Fallout's Chinese is meant to evoke the Imperial Japanese army during World War II. Those Chinese ghouls are a reference to the famous cases of Japanese soldiers holding out on remote islands for decades after the war.
keywords being "remote location". Those guys aren't even in a dungeony closed-off area, it's a diner in the middle of the street. I think the wandering merchants walk past them everyday. :M

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That is the true simbol of the beast here; the fact that these retards feel the actualy story (Ie reading) somehow intrudes upon their awesome button and waifu simulation
This game will sell like hotcakes anyway the decline is inevitable for Bethesda now and Toddy is their messiah

Fairfax

Arcane
Bethestards truly are a different type of retard. I mean, I could see regular retards comparing that to survival or city builder games, but Bethestards go beyond, they look for a The Sims experience that only Todd can give them.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The new dialogue system is a good simulation of how retards internet-savvy people think. That old-school "think before you speak, and think what you are going to say" is elitist. Why should your thoughts be built around concrete words and concrete meaning? Lol, modern players think according to emotional reactions. What words you vomit later is irrelevant to the emotional immersion, and that's what art is all about. And Fallout 4 is art, I read it somewhere.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I love fortress/settlement/castle management in RPGs, so if I ever download the game, this would be the main thing I do. What do want me to do in F4? Play for the story? Explore the world? Listen to the dialogue? Maybe check the combat mechanics? Lol nope

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
[–]pkpunch 13 points 5 hours ago
where did you get your copy?
[–]Dignicality 8 points 4 hours ago
Yeah, I don't understand how people are getting copies.
permalinkparent
[–]Thewhitemagic 51 points 4 hours ago
Walked into Best Buy yesterday, told them I needed to pick up my pre-order and they gave it to me. That simple. It's because the employees handing out the copies have a subhuman level of intelligence.
This stuff is awesome.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
> I'm here for my pre-order!
> *employee looks at pile of games in a box*
> Okay...

Anything that rustles Pete Hines jimmies gives me a diamond hard erection. Enjoying this greatly.

pippin

Pete Hines must be shitting bricks at this point. But he deserves it. He has the face of a person with anger management issues.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Pete Hines must be shitting bricks at this point. But he deserves it. He has the face of a person with anger management issues.

He's a snarky self-important little mannlet.. I just love how he acts like a sarcastic cuck between game releases, then when there is something that actually makes him a valuable source of information, he plays coy and won't answer a single thing - then the game gets leaked.

U 'upset' bro?

I guess it means he also has to do some real PR for the game now as well.

Haha that's a good point.. He hasn't actually had to do his job for years.. this shit has sold itself.

Black

Arcane
Ah, bullshit. He knows as well as we do that there's nothing that could happen that would make bethtards cancel their preorders. Morons are making excuses for shit graphics and tiny world-map, it's pr team's wet dream.
Walked into Best Buy yesterday, told them I needed to pick up my pre-order and they gave it to me. That simple. It's because the employees handing out the copies have a subhuman level of intelligence.
Wait wait wait. Someone who pre-ordered fo4 insults other people's intelligence?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
He was smart enough to preorder, get it before release, and cause massive butthurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom