Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
What can change the nature of Bethesda?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I kind of hope that Fo3 save data will come into play for Fo4. Fo4 looks disappointing, but the one thing I enjoyed from Fo3 was the Enclave ending, and so I hope that ending can be preserved in Fo4. The Enclave ending at least gave the satisfaction of knowing that each idiot I came across in Fo3 would die horribly. The Enclave was retarded, but I found Bethesda's version of the Brotherhood of Steel/Wasteland insufferable.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I highly doubt the FO3 data will be taken into account mainly because I don't see how PS4/XONE players can import saves from a previous generation.
OR, they would need to rerelease one of those so called "remasters" they seem to be pretty much into as a lead-in to FO4. Maybe including New Vegas on the same disc. Yes, I can see that happening.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I highly doubt the FO3 data will be taken into account mainly because I don't see how PS4/XONE players can import saves from a previous generation.
OR, they would need to rerelease one of those so called "remasters" they seem to be pretty much into as a lead-in to FO4. Maybe including New Vegas on the same disc. Yes, I can see that happening.

But would they announce something like that after Fallout 4?

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Riiight. Perfect marketing strategy!

1. Announce Fallout 4 before e3, so it doesn't get lost in the big number of announcements there.
2. This leads to a spike in F3 sales, New Vegas too though I haven't checked.
3. Announce both games for new consoles.
4. Buy them again, suckers!
5. ???
6. Profit!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Steam discounted both Fo3 and New Vegas after the announcement, but with higher prices than they had in the previous sales, devious fuckers.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

This sounds awesome. I'm glad I preordered.

Really interesting. Quite interesting. That's very interesting.

Got a few laughs: "Civilization is rebuilding, which is something not seen in Fallout series before!" "This will likely be the player's home, just like Vault whatever in Fallout 3!" "Will have a family feel just like 3 ... will make it an emotional experience just like 3" or words to those effects. Alright, but went for too long.

Black

Arcane
Steam discounted both Fo3 and New Vegas after the announcement, but with higher prices than they had in the previous sales, devious fuckers.
AFAIK it's the publisher/dev who decides on discounts.

pippin

I clearly remember buying NV Ultimate Edition for 8 bucks some time ago, so I'm not sure it is the best sale.

imweasel

"Bethesda. Bethesda never changes." :lol:

I wonder what Bethesda does with all of their money. They certainly don't invest much more than 20 dollars into game production.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I wonder what Bethesda does with all of their money.

Todd needs that spankin new lambo son.

I wonder what will happen with New Vegas tho? Will it become non-canon? New Vegas was all a dream?

pippin

I wonder what will happen with New Vegas tho? Will it become non-canon? New Vegas was all a dream?

Since it was released as a "spinoff", many butthurt bethtards "fans" think NV is not 100% canon, even though its story continues 1, 2 and even 3.
But in this day and age of special snowflakes, canon is whatever you want it to be.

Athelas

Arcane
Maybe Fallout 4 will begin with your character waking up from a dream about New Vegas.

Tigranes

Arcane
Why do people care about FO4? It's like caring about DAI after DA2 - oh, I see.

We will get exactly the game that we all expect.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do people care about FO4? It's like caring about DAI after DA2 - oh, I see.

We will get exactly the game that we all expect.
I care to the extent that I wonder just how many mods it will take to make the game enjoyable. Moreover, I still have a small glimmer of hope that some parts of the game will be decent.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
So when will the prestigious magazine interview Todd nad Pete?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom