Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

More thirteen year olds coming in every year, duh.

I'm not so sure about that...

tumblr_nksnfn4SMY1upssb0o4_500.jpg

:happytrollboy: "What the heck? This looks worse than Minecraft! Back to FF LCXVII."
It's not actual 13 year olds, it's those people who are mentally stuck at that age. E.g.:
ibXpXhU.jpg

r0fzQCM.jpg

leDMzGq.jpg

imweasel

Not at all. I don't know much but I can tell night from day. I hate Bethesda's failures too, just not so much that I let them ruin the substantial fun to be had.
shrug.gif

As for writing an official Codex review, I would be completely the wrong person to do Fallout 4 for a lot of reasons. I probably will play it though and I'll be happy to share my impressions. I know, you're holding your breath, right?

Good summary. There's some necessary oversimplification there and a few shots that are just unfounded bitching, but I wouldn't argue with you on most of it.
My trolling you didn't tickle out some inner Bethesda fanboy like I had hoped. You're just too mellow and obviously not a fanboy. MEH, no fun. :c

Anyway, I have no hope that Fallout 4 will be anywhere near as good as New Vegas (because Todd Howard is a shit game designer and the other designers at Bethesda are untalented hacks, etc. pp.) but I am planning on trying the game out so that I can troll about it. I'll gladly read your impressions and compare them with mine.

(And don't worry friends, i'll be getting a free "review copy" of Fallout 4 from some of my friends up in Sweden. :cool:)

Apparently the graffix are SO NEXT GEN, they won't be making it for the XBox360 or PS3.
It looks like a PS3/360 game but it will only be released on nextgen consoles. Fucking hilarious.

Trailer 11 million views after 4 days, Skyrim 4 million after 4 years.
Seems Fallout 4 will be the biggest seller of Bethesda.
Bethestard started a major marketing campaign on Youtube. Fucking Fallout 4 advertisements are everywhere.

At least now we know where all of the money for the graphics went.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have a good feeling about this game. We will see during E3.
But either way I don't lose anything as I will be pirating the game in any case. I am too poor to pay AAA price for games.

Black

Arcane
Broteam makes fun of tards recommending FO4.
I don't see what the big deal is about recommending a game that only has one non-gameplay trailer and several screenshots and no other information.

Said retards lose their shit.
Its fallout. You cannot suck at making a fallout game.

I feel like you don't understand how much people have been anticipating this game.
I don't see the big deal on why you breathe, just to sustain life is all. I recommend this game with not one, but two thumbs up!
well we have waited a long time and its finally announced and the people that have played fallout already know this will be amazing
Because you already know it will be awesome, brotards.
Let's be honest, It could have no trailer and say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" and it's still going on our lists
BECAUSE ITS FALLOUT AND TODD HOWARD, the last time that happened one of the best games of all time was made. sooooo yea its kinda a big deal.
It is FALLOUT! now just shut up and take my money!!!!!!!
then don't fucking buy it piece of shit, it's a fucking good game
who care if they show one sceen shot and one video i know its going to be good like skyrim and fallout newvegas+fallout 3 and othere games they made.
because Its mother fing fallout 4, thats why.
The "big deal" is that this is the next game in highly anticipated series that is known for its high polish and excellence. If you haven't been around since Morrowind or even earlier we wouldn't expect you to understand.

I'm 28 and it seems like the next gen of gamers really has a hard time appreciating what came before, where as I cut my teeth on some of those early games and really appreciated what they contributed to the games I played growing up with the SNES, N64, PS2, GC, etc.

The hype is that there is finally a concrete "YES this is happening." If you don't get it, you need to go back and play all those games, and if you do that and you still don't enjoy it, I feel sorry for you and wish you the best of luck...."Bro".
No amount of :negative: can express my sadness. I wasn't expecting anything, yet am still disappointed.
http://steamcommunity.com//groups/BroTeamTeam/curation/app/377160/ if you dare

Black

Arcane
I'm sure someone will gift it to you on steam if you beg hard enough.

Giskard

Augur
Just do me your honours and put me on your ignore list, genius.
I shouldn't have to use ignore tools. The structure of the forums should be reconfigured to suit my cranky whims.

Are you hoping that the Great and Powerful 'Dex will 'scale to your level'?? I think we need a new tag for this one, the 'Eternal Optimist', for still hoping the 'Dex wil scale after 11 years as a member.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I shouldn't have to use ignore tools. The structure of the forums should be reconfigured to suit my cranky whims.

Are you hoping that the Great and Powerful 'Dex will 'scale to your level'?? I think we need a new tag for this one, the 'Eternal Optimist', for still hoping the 'Dex wil scale after 11 years as a member.
Learn your history. Even if it is only 19 hours old. :)

And my real title is Hunchback Jr.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bethesda should just rename fallout 3 to Fallout the first. Might as well because all these interweb degenerates think that it's the bestest shit ever while not even realising that rhere were a bunch of games that came before it.

Black

Arcane

Learn your history. Even if it is only 19 hours old. :)

And my real title is Hunchback Jr.
Fun fact: if you put me on ignore, you will avoid all of my posts.
Can't do that with fo4 if it doesn't have its own containment area.

uaciaut

Augur
No matter what arguments you can bring for/against Fallout 3 you can't say it's a replayable game
Eh, gonna have to call you on that. Multiple quest resolutions, open world structure, different character builds. I played through three times from beginning to end and had a completely different experience each time.

Is this trolling? You blow up Megaton or you don't, that's it that's the only thing that actually affects the world at all as a real consequence to what you do.

Also to the person telling me the people buying F3 goty now aren't likely old players - i doubt this, i'm more willing to believe most are people who pirated the game in the past or who didn't play the goty version, most of the people who really wanted to play F3 bought it when it came out, Bethesda didn't really lack in the publicity dept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom