Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
You really need to choose a different avatar... :M

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
7 years on, and RPGCodex is still buttmad about Megaton. The more things change, eh?

I'd take "Well, okay, as long as you're sowwy!" over Little Lamplight and what they did to Harold any day.

pippin

I think in Oblivion you got this occasional message which said something like "your actions are beign watched".
One of the worst immersion killers for me is this shit about shopkeepers knowing which items were stolen or not.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
hate on bethesda as much as you want, but those sales figures pretty much tell them not to give a fuck and do whatever they feel like doing and not what some pole living in poverty thinks

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think in Oblivion you got this occasional message which said something like "your actions are beign watched".
One of the worst immersion killers for me is this shit about shopkeepers knowing which items were stolen or not.
Totally agree. A loud "ARTIFICIAL BALANCING" right in your face.

hate on bethesda as much as you want, but those sales figures pretty much tell them not to give a fuck and do whatever they feel like doing and not what some pole living in poverty thinks
Yes, and they did get better with Skyrim (compared to Oblivion and F3). So there is hope to get a game that is actually good.
Very little hope to get a good RPG, though.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
CHCzS-MUQAEvB5N.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You really need to choose a different avatar... :M

iwd2_m17_codex.png

I really hate it when, after you kill a nest of baddies and are all alone, all their stuff is red and you lose karma when you take it, because everyone in the whole world instantly knows you just stole it.

I mean..

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म; IPA: [ˈkərmə] ( listen); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).

Karma doesn't neccessarily mean outspoken opinion of someone. I would never say oooh that guy has bad Karma, he's a dangerous guy. Karma is this more esoteric spiritual bullshittery thing that some hippie's people believe, AKA what you do will come back around. If your a dick, then eventually something bad will happen / vice versa, if your a good person something good will happen.

I get your point though, considering your karma does directly affect certain things in the game. It's not explicitly an alignment shift or faction reputation shift though, it's just an abstraction of that whole "cause and effect" thing.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
LMAO @ all of this anal annihilation. At least FO4 seems to be encapsulating what Fallout is about: humanity rising from the ashes. FO3 did a shit job at that. I say we wait for gameplay and more details to arise before we write the game off as utter shit.
And I say you should shut the fuck up. Shut up. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
So Three Dog's hosting a radio show in Boston now? Hmm, maybe they can dig up the Master to be his co-host... then they could have more super mutants.
Maybe the BOS ran him out of DC after they got tired of his shit. Or he's just on tapes that get distributed through the newly restored NE Corridor Amtrak. A post-apocalyptic Wolfman Jack helping you find that beautiful blonde cruising in the white corvega.

Last edited:

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I love how short Todd is. You can just tell that all of the "Todd is Awesome!!" faux-kidding-arrogance is a defense mechanism for being short. A tiny, tiny man.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I love how short Todd is. You can just tell that all of the "Todd is Awesome!!" faux-kidding-arrogance is a defense mechanism for being short. A tiny, tiny man.
The stacks of $100 bills he stands on adds a good two feet or so to his height.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish Bethesda would allow Larian to make a "spin-off" turn-based isometric new Fallout game. Just to pay respect to the originals. Of course if they wanted to respect them they wouldn't have released 3, but hey I can say what I wish for..

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I wish Bethesda would allow Larian to make a "spin-off" turn-based isometric new Fallout game. Just to pay respect to the originals. Of course if they wanted to respect them they wouldn't have released 3, but hey I can say what I wish for..

Larian is not really an improvement over Bethesda writing wise, in fact Larian might cuck it worse than Todd.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Larian is not really an improvement over Bethesda writing wise, in fact Larian might cuck it worse than Todd.
Larian's deliberate funny writing stuff is infinitely superior to bethesda's lolsofuckingbad lulz.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
He's actually a pretty nice guy, and the only reason I crack jokes about his height is because I am short (5'9"). Short guys are allowed to bust other short guys' balls. But talk about Golden Handcuffs. At this point he probably couldn't even leave Bethsoft if he wanted to.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014

Larian's deliberate funny writing stuff is infinitely superior to bethesda's lolsofuckingbad lulz.

Except most of their "deliberately funny" stuff is painfully unfunny.

pippin

do they even know larian exists

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah screw the writing people, I want turn-based goodness. They could employ some of the F2 writers, why the hell not.
Imagine a Fallout with the combat mechanics of D:OS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom