Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks the same as Fallout 3, except with gun's, dialogue wheel, and housing.
Please. If F4 truly had gun's we'd all be D1Ping.

but this is the best thread on this forum
Man, I know you're proud of your tag but this shitposting is getting dull. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just tired from staying up all night tonight, and by tomorrow you'll be back to a moderate amount of dumb posts. Please don't prove me wrong.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Man, I know you're proud of your tag but this shitposting is getting dull. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just tired from staying up all night tonight, and by tomorrow you'll be back to a moderate amount of dumb posts. Please don't prove me wrong.

Man, finaly a good game to play after crap like Witcher 3 and you are complaining.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I was kinda hoping Todd "No skills allowed" Howard was ruining my D1P urges.

You know it's a d1p full price worthy game.

I know that it will be buggy as hell. Beyond that, I'll uphold my reservations until we get closer to/after release.

But what has been shown already destroys anything that Biowhore and RedPotato have created, granted.

bananaBaboon

Novice
10/10 game

mJ5_MI.gif

I can already imagine, will you be their saviour? Or will you be Deadpenny's messenger from hell and blow it with your Nuke because you know, "It looks like an eyesore."

It's all about the C&C.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apart from the obvious decline comments, can someone summarize a bit what was shown for us at work?
Thanks

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apart from the obvious decline comments, can someone summarize a bit what was shown for us at work?
Thanks

Codex megathreads aren't the best place to get clear information about things. I recommend consulting the front page. +M

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well they are on gamebryo for over 10 years now. So fallout 4 should be without bugs and everything should be working with flawless animations. Am i right guise.

T. Reich

Arcane
Thanks

A Sims/Terraria/Call Of Duty hybrid with tower defense elements. And losts of Bethesda(tm)-brand AWESOME. Set in post-nuclear universe with trademarked Fallout(tm) elements.
1/3 of a video featured apperance crafting
1/3 of a video featured house/gun/armor crafting
1/3 of a video featured footage from a Michael Bay movie

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Thanks

* you start off pre-war, can sculpt your face with your mouse without sliders
* you wake up 200 years later as the only survivor of your vault
* you can give your dog commands like fetching shit for you
* you can build up settlements with various buildings and turrets (saw gun, i think laser and a mortar) and set up trade routes between them. Presumably you'll also be attracting and managing settlers who operate defenses and stuff. IMO the best feature shown so far.
* Weapons are heavily modifiable, I think Todd said 50 base weapons and 700 mods
* You can fly around in vertibird (or at least shoot motherfuckers from it)
* Uncertainty on whether Todd cut out all the skills or not. They don't show up in vats and crafting has "Science! rank 1" requirement implying that they were blended into perks. OTOH there is a barter bobblehead so people are just raging in confusion.
edit:
power armor is also customizable, has its own HUD, and you can install jetpacks on it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Full E3 gameplay segment:

Oh wow, that Radiant raider AI at 11:05, all happily running into a 3-meter funnel lined with turrets. :lol:
Bethesdan AI was always a derp, but it seems they're poised to set a new record with this game.

It's supposed to be an optional feature, I'm not surprised it's puddle deep. Much as I'd enjoy having my fortress sieged by well organized bandits with snipers, mortars, tanks and multi-directional attacks I doubt their braindead audience would go for it.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Full E3 gameplay segment:

Oh wow, that Radiant raider AI at 11:05, all happily running into a 3-meter funnel lined with turrets. :lol:
Bethesdan AI was always a derp, but it seems they're poised to set a new record with this game.

It's supposed to be an optional feature, I'm not surprised it's puddle deep. Much as I'd enjoy having my fortress sieged by well organized bandits with snipers, mortars, tanks and multi-directional attacks I doubt their braindead audience would go for it.

Mount and Blade : Fallout?

kain30

Cipher
Bethesda new motto: How low can we go??

i didn´t have any real hopes for this new Fallout, for me, this is more salt in the Van Buren wound.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This settlement building will be barely a step up from the thing in Bloodmoon, and still far less involved and gameplay-relevant than the settlement buiding in Breath of Fucking Fire 2 from 1994. And none of you fucks know how involved it was because you won't fucking touch any console games, herp derp.

How many RPGs even offer settlement building in the first place? And if Todd is to be believed, with trade routes between them. Fuck, how many even offer as much as a house? I've always wanted to be able to build a merchant empire, buy/build structures with various benefits, compete with other aspiring merchant princes, etc. in a proper RPG and so far nothing has really delivered even though it should be part of any RPG with a mercantile skill of some sort. I'm happy to see any move in this direction, and it's a big and pleasant surprise considering how shitty Skyrim was when it came to the volume of gameplay options, which was at the lowest in the series since Arena.
Hah! Reminds me of when Fable was in development. "See this apple sold by a merchant? You can plant the seed and watch the tree grow. Years later you will be able to sell its fruits and have your own little store."

Athos

Arcane
This settlement building will be barely a step up from the thing in Bloodmoon, and still far less involved and gameplay-relevant than the settlement buiding in Breath of Fucking Fire 2 from 1994. And none of you fucks know how involved it was because you won't fucking touch any console games, herp derp.

How many RPGs even offer settlement building in the first place? And if Todd is to be believed, with trade routes between them. Fuck, how many even offer as much as a house? I've always wanted to be able to build a merchant empire, buy/build structures with various benefits, compete with other aspiring merchant princes, etc. in a proper RPG and so far nothing has really delivered even though it should be part of any RPG with a mercantile skill of some sort. I'm happy to see any move in this direction, and it's a big and pleasant surprise considering how shitty Skyrim was when it came to the volume of gameplay options, which was at the lowest in the series since Arena.

The game for you is called Patrician III.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom