Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Oh gawd...

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
It has begun.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/598198356175871033/

If the narrative has forced you to play as a (formerly) married man / woman, it will make RP'ing as a gay character more difficult :(

8 pages already and not the only one such topic either.
As retarded as sjw are, they kinda have a point in the sense that being a former daddy/housewife limits you into being a certain person. Let's say you wanna play a one-eye wastelander - well, fuck you, you're a daddy.

Viata

Arcane
80 pages. You guys do enjoy being assraped, huh?
Anyway, most people on my facebook are all hyping FO4. I envy them. To be able to enjoy shit games is something I can't do, sadly.

Lemming42

Arcane
You could LARP that your wife identifies as male. You could also LARP that you are a Wolfkin.

It's pretty risky of them to force that background on you though, isn't it? No matter what type of character you play in Fo4, you're apparently heterosexual or possibly bisexual, you're a mother or father and you're the type of asshole who'd buy a Mr. Handy. Goes against the whole blank slate thing that Bethesda's fans drip with precum over.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
lmao what is this bullshit about building up your base / town. I guess it's easier to give the players construction tools than it is to craft an interesting virtual world to explore. Fuck this is awful. And Dialogue wheels with very vague hints as what your character might say. Thanks, that's exactly like Fallout. Even if Obsidian did get comissioned to make another spinoff like they did with New Vegas, I doubt there's anything at all they can do to salvage this shit system.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I like the crafting and the whole settlement thing and the Enclave armor, the vault suit being a proper suit. I think should put EVERYONE in the game in power armor, then nobody will notice how crap and lifeless the NPCs are.

Thats about it really, VATs slowmo is dumb, the 200 year old robot is dumb, going overboard with the 1950s is getting a little tiresome, would it kill them to throw a bit more futurism in the fashion? Dialog wheel is completely dumb. Mass Fallout 4, Fallout Effect 4 etc etc.

I'm sure we can all get suitably outraged when we find out how the plot is the glorious righteous noble and sanctified Brotherhood of KickAss is comming in blimps to free the androids and defeat the Enclave again.
Maybe in your fantasy world. In real world there is piratebay :P

Quote the wrong person brah?
Does it really matter? :D

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I'm actually okay with how this is looking. It seems to be less Fallout 4 and more The Sims: Post-Apocalypse Edition, which means that unlike FO3 it might be different enough from the rest of the series that I can play it without spending every five minutes going "Damn it, why is this not as good as FO 1/2"

Probably not going to buy it until like four years from now when Steam has the GOTY edition on sale for like five bucks, but hey.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

It's not really about SJWs, actually - a lot of young chicks play Oblivion/Skyrim and F3 as the sorta yaoi-filled dollhouse. All these changes are first and foremost directed at them, btw - that's pretty much their wet dream. They already really liked the ability to build their own house in Skyrim and here it's that on steroids. But the wife, of course, feels really out of place for the stuff like that.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It has begun.

If the narrative has forced you to play as a (formerly) married man / woman, it will make RP'ing as a gay character more difficult :(

As retarded as sjw are, they kinda have a point in the sense that being a former daddy/housewife limits you into being a certain person. Let's say you wanna play a one-eye wastelander - well, fuck you, you're a daddy.
It gts better when twitter brigade jumps in
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/598198356176000963/
wIBUCWB.png

Lemming42

Arcane
Of all the shit to complain about crying about being able to interact too much with the world in a fucking RPG has to be the most bizarre.

The settlement building is completely retarded, though. Houses teleporting in and out of existence as the player clicks them isn't interacting with the world so much as an insane attempt at stealing ideas done much better by mods.

Going just by appearances in the trailer video, obviously. Maybe it turns out to be the greatest game mechanic of all time, but I doubt it.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Calling it now: Fallout 4 town construction will make PoE Stronghold seem deep and full of meaningful choices.

baturinsky

Arcane
Btw, why "Mine"out? If it's referring to weapon crafting, it was taken from Dead Space 3, not Minecraft.

It's not really about SJWs, actually - a lot of young chicks play Oblivion/Skyrim and F3 as the sorta yaoi-filled dollhouse. All these changes are first and foremost directed at them, btw - that's pretty much their wet dream. They already really liked the ability to build their own house in Skyrim and here it's that on steroids. But the wife, of course, feels really out of place for the stuff like that.

I really don't think they thought it farther than "lot of post-apoc mmos have house building now, can we implement that easily yes/no?" I think beth is working with somekind of idea that they can just implement some cool stuff they can show off in demos etc. and mods will fix the fuckups they might do in the process..

And the gay implementation will be day 1 mod for sure.

Lemming42

Arcane
Yeah because games never abstract anything. :retarded:

If this was a city building game then skyscrapers springing up out of nowhere would be fine, but it's a Fallout game. If you don't think the house disappearing magically and adding like 5 "scrap" or whatever to the player's inventory followed by the subsequent materialization of another house looked retarded, then fair enough.

Of course the main gripe is not that it looks retarded - though it does - it's that there's no place for this kind of thing in a Fallout game anyway.

pippin

The appeal of the "modern" FO games was not having one home. Many people actually enjoyed that house at Megaton or the rooms you could have at Novac or the Lucky 38, but since I always understood my characters as scavengers, it was better for me to be constantly on the prowl, having some hiding places, etc.

The option of a house was cool, but I don't know if I'm going to like this "WE MADE A GAME SO YOU COULD BUILD YOUR OWN HOME. THE SIMS IS COOL AM I RITE GUYZ" thing.

Edit: also inb4 "preorder items for your home!"

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah because games never abstract anything. :retarded:

If this was a city building game then skyscrapers springing up out of nowhere would be fine, but it's a Fallout game. If you don't think the house disappearing magically and adding like 5 "scrap" or whatever to the player's inventory followed by the subsequent materialization of another house looked retarded, then fair enough.

No more retarded than people taking turns shooting at each other. In this case it's a convenience that removes a lot of tedium. I like building shit but I don't like watching my character pounding nails manually in a single character game. If anything it's more justifiable here since in a strategy game I can let workers do their job and go take care of something else.

Of course the main gripe is not that it looks retarded - though it does - it's that there's no place for this kind of thing in a Fallout game anyway.

Of course it does. Not only is rebuilding a relevant theme to a post-apocalyptic game but also a theme of the first two specifically. Being personally involved in it is a natural evolution and something that would have been great even in an isometric turn based game.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The appeal of the "modern" FO games was not having one home. Many people actually enjoyed that house at Megaton or the rooms you could have at Novac or the Lucky 38, but since I always understood my characters as scavengers, it was better for me to be constantly on the prowl, having some hiding places, etc.

The option of a house was cool, but I don't know if I'm going to like this "WE MADE A GAME SO YOU COULD BUILD YOUR OWN HOME. THE SIMS IS COOL AM I RITE GUYZ" thing.

Edit: also inb4 "preorder items for your home!"

Did you even watch the video? You can build multiple settlements or completely ignore the feature altogether. It's not like a naked Todd Howard is going to burst into your house and force you to build a house at dickpoint.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
I really don't think they thought it farther than "lot of post-apoc mmos have house building now, can we implement that easily yes/no?" I think beth is working with somekind of idea that they can just implement some cool stuff they can show off in demos etc. and mods will fix the fuckups they might do in the process...
"wouldn't it be cool" is todd howards entire design philosophy. he saw "real time settler" on the nexus and told the monkeys to implement something similar.

similar things happened in the past. every game incorporates some features that were popular mods in the past.

and to go against the grain of this thread: i actually look forward to the game. not because i think i will be 11/10 goty, but because it might lead to another obsidian spinoff.

and if not, i'll still have fun stomping around in powah arma while high.

edit: also great how the 2015ers declare fallout dead. shit "died" back when brotherhood of steel was released you faglords.

Mastermind isn't banned yet? Not even a tag?

He's fishing for that since he asked DU to nuke his account and was ignored. Magic raptor powers of inducing butthurt by doing nothing at all :dance:

It has begun.

Yeah, because gays don't ever marry people of the opposite sex to keep up appearances, especially in the 50's. That would be crazy.

This is the perfect opportunity to play as a fabulously flaming fag who can be himself after everything went up in flames, ffs

Last edited:

resilient sphere

Educated
I'm strapping in for another one of those games where the best anyone can say about its elements is that "you can ignore them if you like"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom