Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.

I will not. Fallout 3 was the very last Bethesda game I bought and played. I no longer care for any of the garbage action games they make.
You will. And you'll love it.

Nope sorry. Now that we have Kickstarter and can play ACTUAL RPG's now, I can safely ignore all the shit action console garbage from BioWare/Bethesda/CDProjeck etc...

Thank gawd for INCLINE.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.

I will not. Fallout 3 was the very last Bethesda game I bought and played. I no longer care for any of the garbage action games they make.
You will. And you'll love it.

Nope sorry. Now that we have Kickstarter and can play ACTUAL RPG's now, I can safely ignore all the shit action console garbage from BioWare/Bethesda/CDProjeck etc...

Thank gawd for INCLINE.
Everyone knows you're getting the Codex review copy.

RPG Tsundex.

21o6642.jpg

Lios

Cipher
I bet Fallout 4 will be better than Fallout 3 but this isn't saying much since Fallout 3 is made of the stuff that makes you punch infants to calm your frustration.
I think I won't even try to pirate it since my pc most probablyh won't run it, either because it's not technologically advanced anough, or because it's far more :obviously: than me, and while I know how dumbfuck this will sound, I would like to see the majority of the fine people of this place spend their money on drugs and pussy and not in Fallout 4.

As for the "yeah man but todd howward REALLY seems like he BELIEVES in what he's doing, he LOVES the franchise it's just that he's incompetent to handle it, cut him some slack", well, considering that Fallout New Vegas is far superior than Fallout 3 (and anyone who disagrees should be sterilized), and betting that Fallout 4 will be the same shit updated, this guy and these guys are so arrogant that they will learn nothing from NV. Nothing at all. Maybe various skill checks but made retarded like "[MEDICINE 50%] THIS DOG IS CLEARLY DEAD" or "[CHARISMA 70%] HOW YOU' DOIN???".

The graphics seem cool indeed. But I don't care, in fact, one thing that I enjoyed in NV due to the bethesda engine is that, you can't actually make a "pretty" character- all the faces/models look like junkie degenerates, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a Fallout experience.

Last edited:

BobNotHerbert

Novice
Or people who haven't tried a franchise before but have heard about it because it is in the news recently are more likely to start with the earlier one rather than the later one. Might be different if Fallout 3 was really dated compared to New Vegas, but they were only a few years apart and basically have the same graphics quality.

Ignorant consumer mentality would boost up sales for 3 vs. New Vegas too. If you see a trailer for 'Fallout 4,' basic jump in logic would be to pick up 'Fallout 3.' Doubt it's wholly sinister. It's up to those with actual good taste to keep reminding people that a quality sequel exists.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Everyone knows you're getting the Codex review copy.

If I did, it would go where my Fallout 3 DVD went, over my fence....

Silly Jaesun, you don't see where Metro is getting at? He'd totally be willing to take that useless shitty review copy of Fallout 4 from your hands, since you don't need it :smug:

Friends don't let friends play shitty dumbed down console action garbage. The only place worthy of a copy of Fallout 4 is in a trash heap, or over my fence.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda

:lol:

Fallout follows a random man who crawls out of a hole in the ground, and eventually turns into a serial murderer or rapist, depending on what mods are installed.

Bethesda has four types of employee. The first type is the Todd Howard. Todd Howard rules over Bethesda with an iron fist, ending any bad sentiments towards casualization before they begin. The second type are the "grunts" of Todd Howard. An example would be the head of the animation department, who was friends with Todd Howard in college. After dropping out of College, he and Todd remained friends, and Todd gave him the job of animator after becoming the director of Bethesda. The third and fourth type of employee are the mexicans and college students, who make up 95% of Bethesda. They code the games, clean the office, and sexually pleasure the first two classes for minimum wage.

Many gamers bought Bethesda games while also having feelings of entitlement. They felt that the games they paid money for should do "basic" functions, like work.

As for the "yeah man but todd howward REALLY seems like he BELIEVES in what he's doing, he LOVES the franchise it's just that he's incompetent to handle it, cut him some slack", well, considering that Fallout New Vegas is far superior than Fallout 3 (and anyone who disagrees should be sterilized), and betting that Fallout 4 would be the same shit updated, this guy and these guys are so arrogant that they will learn nothing from NV. Nothing at all. Maybe various skill checks but made retarded like "[MEDICINE 50%] THIS DOG IS CLEARLY DEAD" or "[CHARISMA 70%] HOW YOU' DOIN???".

Reminds me of this classic

DtfDWgS.jpg

Lios

Cipher
As for the "yeah man but todd howward REALLY seems like he BELIEVES in what he's doing, he LOVES the franchise it's just that he's incompetent to handle it, cut him some slack", well, considering that Fallout New Vegas is far superior than Fallout 3 (and anyone who disagrees should be sterilized), and betting that Fallout 4 would be the same shit updated, this guy and these guys are so arrogant that they will learn nothing from NV. Nothing at all. Maybe various skill checks but made retarded like "[MEDICINE 50%] THIS DOG IS CLEARLY DEAD" or "[CHARISMA 70%] HOW YOU' DOIN???".

DtfDWgS.jpg

well you got me there even though it more an engine thing (no?)

Mech

Cipher

Shit son. That is some god tier level feigning.

Modron

Arcane

DtfDWgS.jpg

well you got me there even though it more an engine thing (no?)

Loading also compounded some of these issues, I decapitated someone then decided to reload and not kill him only to find him walking around without a head.

duke nukem

Augur
Fallout 4 trailer is one of the most epic thing i ever seen! Sigh...still 1,5 weeks till e3. :(

Well, sorry witcher 3, i guess your goty title just changed owner back to the where it should be belong, at the hands of bethesda game studios. ♥

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom