Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Faction based open world gameplay with heavy c&c? Sounds almost like a real-time version of Underrail.

pippin

The dlc looks even more dissapointing than the base game. And only 3 this time? Come on, this is lazy.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The dlc looks even more dissapointing than the base game. And only 3 this time? Come on, this is lazy.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Infinitron News post to make people aware of the time limited rebate?

Lemming42

Arcane
Gutbusting laughter looking at the DLC. A direct copy of a popular New Vegas mod - presumably the mod author won't get credited at all. An arena which sounds like fucking dogshit.

Only one new area, and it looks like trash. Radiation has created a "more feral" world!! More feral than Boston, which itself just a field filled with zombies and raiders.

The price hike is, I'm sure, because they fear that the DLC sales will be lower than they expected given the frosty reception a lot of people had to the game.

Also the lack of the Creation Kit is telling. It's been suggested earlier in this thread regarding Survival Mode, but it looks like Bethesda want to charge people for their awful shit before letting anyone more competent take a shot at it.

SquidLord

Educated
Why the fuck would Bar Harbor have high levels of radiation?
I mean fuck Bangor is where be land planes that we think might have terrorists because there is nothing fucking strategically useful in Maine.

Sorry if there are any Maniers here your state is a shit hole and you are assholes have fun with your Heroin.

pippin

Oh fuck get ready for Stephen King memes.
Anyway, this kinda confirms I won't be bothering with the dlc, if I ever decide to care about the base game to begin with.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
They also not releasing statement about how dialog system will works in the new DLC, that means it will sucks as the base game was and people that expecting a Vegas experience will largely disappointed.

Comte

Fallout 4 you get to visit MAINE! Bar Harbor great will they have mutated Somali Nigger welfare mutant Machete Rape Gangs? For the authentic Maine feeling.

circ

Arcane
Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Faction based open world gameplay with heavy c&c? Sounds almost like a real-time version of Underrail.
C&C in a modern Bethesda game? You have got to be joking. The first two DLC they announced are extremely unoriginal paid mods, dunno about Far Harbor.

typical user

Arbiter
The quicker they release those shills then sooner Obsidian or InXile will get offer to do new Fallout and ask MCA for help. At least I hope so.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Might get Far Harbor at 75% off. Rest of the shit sounds utterly pointless.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Avellone's dream is to be contracted directly by Bethesda to be the Michael Kirkbride of the Fallout franchise.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Oh wow, more synths, more children of the atom, and more abandoned docks, lord knows I couldn't get enough of all of those in the base game :roll:

Cerulean

Cipher
I think I may hate the Children of the Atom more than any other faction in the whole series, and yet they'll be a major presence in the one DLC with a new area. :negative:

Zerginfestor

Learned
so 40 bucks overall just to have an Expansion pack (watch, it'll only last for 4-10 hours), which does nothing else to the vanilla game besides give you access to higher level loot, an add-on that just craps out one new robot enemy, and basically the Fallout New Vegas equivalent of one of those robot building mods, just that this time, it's a bit more freedom in how to make them look and a lightning chaingun, which is basically the Arc Welder from NV and finally the last DLC, which is basically one giant fucking patch of improving settlement building. It's Bethesderp pulling an EA and pulling out content that should already be in the main game, since Settlement building so so fucking bare bones right now.
Final verdict: Someone give us this crap for 'free', because I don't want to give a single fucking penny to these idiots that is most likely each one being a bug-filled mess.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
First two mods sound like Oblivion Horse Armor 2.0.
The Valentine thing might be good or bad, considering its from Beth i tend to the latter, but hey, maybe they surprise us.

How anybody who owns a PC would shell out the Euroshekels for the first two DLC is beyond recognition for me.
This shit would be trivial to implement in a Fanmod, hell, there already is a robot home defense mod that works and allows you to craft sentrybots.

Also:
>60 bucks for the Expansion pass

Haha, oh wow.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Hmmmm.....

wasteland_workshop.jpg

WL2_Angela_Deth.png
YTrnjeV.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom