Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Stella Brando

Arcane
A game where Deathclaws cant jump a wooden human chest high fence is a good game.

Silverfish

Arbiter
700 hours is nothing, i have seen people play the game 4000 hours on PS4.

4000 hours in the least amount of mod avalaible platform.

Building increasingly elaborate death traps for the Minutemen is a time-consuming process.

Please, tell me a game where Deathclaws cant jump a human chest high wooden fence is a good game.

Deathclaws are deathly afraid of getting splinters since their claws are too large and cumbersome to remove them. Geez, just watch 100 hours of terrible Oxhorn videos and you'd know this stuff.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
FO4 will always be remembered by me as a shining example how Bethesda manages to make a game worse with every patch they hand out.
The base version was running with no problems for me, but every patch made it run worse, until it broke the internal vsync completely and adding new repeatable gamestopping bugs.
You originally could have synth infiltrators among your settlers, even the cows. After a few patches that never happened again.
And the scripts, the scripts.... most of them had no kill timer, running forever and piling up until everything broke. I have no idea how anyone could even play it for 700 hours. Probably just "lol I just run around and kill people lol".
The "freeform dialog" was the main culprint. Running away from a dialog prevented completely unrelated things from working.
Most famous example was in Skyrim already: if you left an early dialog with the blacksmith in Riverwood, the quest would continue, but it would prevent the preacher in Whiterun from talking. Ever.
For many people that was actually incline. :hahano:

Ash

Arcane
Too many butthurt autists in one place too.... Yes idiots, Fallout 4 is an awesome game. It is a great CRPG and has many of the aspects that you claim to want in an CRPG but for some odd reason you never seem to "notice" in Fallout 4. You give it a lot of bad and undeserved criticism and you never give it credit for the things it does right and better than most other CRPGs.

For example C&C, Fallout 4 has some of the best in the genre. And most of it is not just some end title PNG an artist can create in 5 minutes, like in your so called "incline" obsolete trash you are playing. In Fallout 4, many details in the game world can change depending on your actions, from item placement, to people, to enemies, to whole locations. It is actually quite good. But you never noticed because some chimpantzees on the codex screamed "decline decline don't play it" even before Fallout 4 was announced. Idiots.

Drop your preconcieved notions and enjoy one of the best AAA CRPGs we have.

Some on the nose trolling there my guy.

Fo4 is terrible as an RPG. As an open world looter shooter it has some merit, despite my butthurt I managed to get some enjoyment from it, but only a complete retard or new age gamer could think it's a good RPG.

All dat choize! :shredder:

HCRr72y.jpg

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I remember being hyped, of all things, for this game when it was coming out. "They've acquired Id Software," thought I, "the combat will finally be good!"
"They're going to delve into the Institute," thought I, "that was basically the only thing that was vaguely interesting in the Fallout 3 base game!"

And then I played the game.

9VkSGZw.png

Oh....

Last edited:

Stella Brando

Arcane
Hah, they brought back the Chinese ghouls again too?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Yangtze

Notes
  • While Zao says the Yangtze is a Chinese submarine and manned by a Chinese crew, its interior bears no Chinese characters (汉字) (Hanzi). Warning signs and terminals are written in English.
  • The People's Republic of China in real life do not use the Wade-Giles romanization system, and soYangtze would have been written 'Yangzi' in pinyin. Additionally, the word 'Yangtze' is largely used only by westerners to refer to the Long River - 'Changjiang'(长江)would be the term normal Chinese used.
  • Strangely enough, there are various bottles of Nuka Cola on the ship, including a bottle of Nuka Cola Quantum. This is strange seeing the hostilities between the USA and China, which would make it unlikely that the Chinese would drink Nuka Cola. This may however be a reference to some of the Soviet elite during the Cold War, who had access to privately imported Western soft drinks otherwise unavailable to the general population. It is more likely, however, that the American items were brought on board by raiders, which the Captain mentions have attacked since the bombs fell.
  • It is possible that, because of the ship's lack of Chinese characters and the presence of American equipment like the RobCo terminals and General Atomics reactor, Yangtze was actually an American submarine that was captured by the Chinese prior to the Great War. Or maybe it was just because the game developers didn't want to waste time creating new models based on Chinese technology when they could just recycle ones that were already made.
The really that lazy, how shocking.

Is there a mission to the Chinese submarine, or do you just swim out to it?

I'm interested in Chinese things, and I worked in Beijing for a while.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hah, they brought back the Chinese ghouls again too?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Yangtze

Notes
  • While Zao says the Yangtze is a Chinese submarine and manned by a Chinese crew, its interior bears no Chinese characters (汉字) (Hanzi). Warning signs and terminals are written in English.
  • The People's Republic of China in real life do not use the Wade-Giles romanization system, and soYangtze would have been written 'Yangzi' in pinyin. Additionally, the word 'Yangtze' is largely used only by westerners to refer to the Long River - 'Changjiang'(长江)would be the term normal Chinese used.
  • Strangely enough, there are various bottles of Nuka Cola on the ship, including a bottle of Nuka Cola Quantum. This is strange seeing the hostilities between the USA and China, which would make it unlikely that the Chinese would drink Nuka Cola. This may however be a reference to some of the Soviet elite during the Cold War, who had access to privately imported Western soft drinks otherwise unavailable to the general population. It is more likely, however, that the American items were brought on board by raiders, which the Captain mentions have attacked since the bombs fell.
  • It is possible that, because of the ship's lack of Chinese characters and the presence of American equipment like the RobCo terminals and General Atomics reactor, Yangtze was actually an American submarine that was captured by the Chinese prior to the Great War. Or maybe it was just because the game developers didn't want to waste time creating new models based on Chinese technology when they could just recycle ones that were already made.
The really that lazy, how shocking.

it's right there, in the quote.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Yangtze

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected

I'm interested in Chinese things, and I worked in Beijing for a while.

Who the fuck are you to bring that post almost five years ago. Even if you ask me i don't know, i never played that game again since four years ago.

And i'm not a chinese (I may look like one), can't even speak and write mandarin to save a life. I'm not even saw and visit China in my entire life.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter

Either, but it's better to just swim to it. The kid who serves as the initial quest giver doesn't have any worthwhile dialogue and is rendered a non factor after talking to the Chinese captain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom