Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
So after many years, I finally decided to give Fallout 4 a try. And Jesus fckn christ! The writing is beyond atrocious and the scripted story segments make me want to kill myself, in the end after 4 hours I just stopped.
Honestly, only genuine retards can enjoy this garbage!

They seriously need to contemplate firing Emil Puagilaro, this is just so beyond pitiful, actual 10 year olds can write better than this.

Sykar

Arcane
The one good thing about this game, is that every time a terrible game is released, one can always describe it with the phrase "at least it's not as bad as Fallout 4".
So ah... this may come as a shock to you, but Bethesda made another fallout game titled "Fallout 76" that's purportedly a few order of magnitude worse.
The true question we should be asking ourselves now is: "Which is the worst game in this franchise? Fallout 76, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel or (gasp) Fallout Shelter?"
:negative:

Fallout 3 will always have a special place in hell in my black black heart.

:evilcodex:

Sykar

Arcane
2 great videos explaining why Fallout 4 is the best CRPG of this generation and why you faggots have no taste in good video games:

have you even watched the videos? The second one is negative and shits all over the game, hence "?" in the title.

Well that retard youtuber praised Fallout 3 C&C citing blowing up Megaton as a major point because, get this, you can lose a lead to the main quest and lose the quest marker. Must be really hard for those smooth brained sub human single digit IQ retards to not do all that stuff first before blowing up the "city" so as you can see he is right up Temptard`s alley.
In that same video he critizied the video "Shantification of FO 3" where its creator critizes FO 3s terrible world building by completely omitting viable food and water sources for the population and compares that to New Vegas, which does this well enough, by proclaiming that a handful or mole rats near Megaton would be sufficient to be considered a viable food source. The level of retardation is well beyond 9000 with this one just as with our fellow wannabe troll village idiot Temptard.
Oh and he also defends Little Lamplight. Need I say more or does it showcase enough that this guys opinion is for the most part worthless like that of any Bethestard?

Is Brotherhood of Steel actually bad or is it a case of "this is not what anyone asked for"

Calling it bad would be a praise.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Fallout 4 criticism, autist edition:

First of 6 parts which is only 2 hours long, part two is 4 hours btw. All in all roughly 12-15 hours in six parts sperging on the shit stain that is FO 4. Enjoy!

Edit: just noticed only 3 parts are done so far.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

First of 6 parts which is only 2 hours long, part two is 4 hours btw. All in all roughly 12-15 hours in six parts sperging on the shit stain that is FO 4. Enjoy!

Why.
We know its a shit game.
We knew it would be shit when it was announced.
There is nothing else to say.

Sykar

Arcane

Why.
We know its a shit game.
We knew it would be shit when it was announced.
There is nothing else to say.

We revel in the dark side of autism.
394.jpg

TheBreadcrumb

Novice
Never played it, have no intention of ever playing it based of the videos and memes I saw of it prior to its release a couple of years ago. The only fun I had with Fallout 4 was when the base game and Far Harbor was leaked online causing a huge spoiler crusade. The shitstorm it caused was hilarious, especially the salty response videos. Doesn't help either that I have an enormous stick up my ass about Pete Hines who thinks reading is too hard so the writing and nuance gets neutered to below shounen anime tier, among other things but I don't remember all of them. Video related, skip to around 8:40 or watch the whole video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-sJW8mlMA

3ca.png

Funposter

Arcane
coincidentally Salt Factory released a video about the story (and more) earlier this week.

Always thought he had pretty trash opinions and an annoying voice, but the final nail in the coffin for this guy was bizarrely the Skyrim side quests video where he demonstrated a basic lack of knowledge about the game and a total inability to do research or fact-check himself. It's an Elder Scrolls game. It has the most autistic and in-depth wiki of any series on the planet, and he still got shit wrong. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you want a video telling you why Fallout 4 is a bad RPG with half-decent shooter mechanics, you're better off with Joseph Anderson's video essays since he at least hasn't totally embarrassed himself yet.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I like NeverKnowsBest, his stuff is quite good IMO

Never Knows Best, Whitelight and Noah Gervais are top "white noise while playing looter rpg endgame" tier.

coincidentally Salt Factory released a video about the story (and more) earlier this week.

Always thought he had pretty trash opinions and an annoying voice, but the final nail in the coffin for this guy was bizarrely the Skyrim side quests video where he demonstrated a basic lack of knowledge about the game and a total inability to do research or fact-check himself. It's an Elder Scrolls game. It has the most autistic and in-depth wiki of any series on the planet, and he still got shit wrong. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you want a video telling you why Fallout 4 is a bad RPG with half-decent shooter mechanics, you're better off with Joseph Anderson's video essays since he at least hasn't totally embarrassed himself yet.

Ahem:

typical user

Arbiter
I find it somewhat uninspiring that this game was released back in 2015 and people still make 2 hour long documentaries about a simple conclusion that Fallout 4 is mediocre, shallow game with wasted potential and an insult to the source material. I mean I've just summed up what they are saying in one sentence. In all respect I don't mind them doing what they are doing but if they want me to watch whatever they are making they should make it more interesting than monolog in the shower and shorter. The mechanics are bad I wrote posts here myself about them but drooling over them doesn't make this game or future Bethesda games any better since again Fo4 was released quite some time ago. Let's just admit game's gameplay is cutting corners and it piles up to not as great as it could be experience.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I find it somewhat uninspiring that this game was released back in 2015 and people still make 2 hour long documentaries about a simple conclusion that Fallout 4 is mediocre, shallow game with wasted potential and an insult to the source material. I mean I've just summed up what they are saying in one sentence. In all respect I don't mind them doing what they are doing but if they want me to watch whatever they are making they should make it more interesting than monolog in the shower and shorter. The mechanics are bad I wrote posts here myself about them but drooling over them doesn't make this game or future Bethesda games any better since again Fo4 was released quite some time ago. Let's just admit game's gameplay is cutting corners and it piles up to not as great as it could be experience.
christ i want starfield to be good

:0-13:

Sunsetspawn

Arcane

Mediocre? Fuck that! Most anyone here can explain how Fallout 4 represents a low point in the abyss that the decline fell into.
But I'd like to point out a less known element of F4's epic faceplant.

The ambient track for the main settlement:

Why am I being assaulted by this wistful lydian schmaltz just because I needed to get some ammo from a Puerto Rican? That music would be much better suited to reuniting a family that had been devastated and torn apart by the post-apocalypse...

...kind of like this:

A similarly schmaltzy, lydian track, but totally apropos for the situation. BTW, Far Cry: New Dawn is surprisingly GFWII.

Between the incorrect OST, Disney-attraction environments, and forcibly railroading the player into crafting and settlement nanomanagement, Fallout 4 fails spectacularly before any parts of the actual "game" are talked about. In fact, considering the absolutely nauseating nature of Fallout 4, I'd say it isn't a failure at all, but a well-crafted "fuck you" from a jealous Todd to all of the gushing New Vegas fanboys. There's no other explanation for F4 to be so completely devoid of anything remotely resembling Fallout.

The only good things in this shitheap are the original songs by Lynda Carter who is married to the chairman of ZeniMax, so Todd couldn't fuck those up no matter how badly he might have wanted to.

My, "Todd is a cunt," theory is further backed up by the absence of special edition versions of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, as doing so would be a license to print money, yet doing so would showcase NV's vastly superior design.

DeepOcean

Arcane
christ i want starfield to be good

:0-13:
Do you know that it will be Skyrim with ships right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom