Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

pippin

Wayne Newton has been Mr. Las Vegas for a very long time now, long before NV even. It's sad, but such is the life of second rate celebrities. I think Three Dog's character would have been better if they had made him some sort of post apocalyptic black panther, since it's implied his parent were some sort of radical leftists. But Bethesda hasn't got the guts to do something like that, just like how they don't include tribals in their games. Radio stations had a lot of potential in FO games, especially if different factions commented on different events under their own points of view, but we only have a glorified jukebox. Which is weird because licensing music tends to be very expensive.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ye same happened to me.

5 hours later I found out there is a special chair called Mama Murphy's Chair, and she only wants that.

Spoiled old cunt.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Huh. Fucking vkontaktik generation, not only they reference SW prequels, possibly unironically, but also somebody really thought that Fallout 4 wouldn't be consolized.

Thats what attracted my attention - i wasn't expecting to see anything negative in vkontakte. It's somewhat reassuring that even shkolota from vkontakte is showing small signs of being fed up with bullshit in AAA games.

Zerginfestor

Learned
After several days of playing Fallout 4, some of the fuckton of issues I notice is:

-Why in the holy name of fuck did they fuck over the UI? It's like they never heard of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", and apparently they got worried that people would catch on that they hardly improved anything upon the game, or made the world interesting, so they instead made the interface so terrible, it would even make console playing a bitch.

-Melee is completely fucked by this interface as well, putting almost all of their eggs into the Left-Alt basket is insanity, it feels rushed or someone was fucking drunk in making it.

-Whoever said "There's life in the wasteland" or "There's settlements!" Are obviously bullshitting. Over 50% of the map is devoid of any settlement life, and the other half is just raider-country with Diamond City the main settlement.

-This game enforces grinding on misc quests, yet at the same time, they placed a stupid leveling system where the farther you go out, the worst shit gets. You'll even sometimes get quests that tell you to travel half of the goddamn map to do something, which means you'll most likely face Gunners, Yao Guai, and even Deathclaws. Not cool.

-Unarmed is completely useless. You can't use it in Power Armor, and even fasion-wise, it looks ugly as sin: There's absolutely no dual-wielding in the game, even the knuckles weapon only has one knuckle weapon on the RIGHT side, not even on the left. What the fuck is this, Dead Island?...

-Because of the butchered leveling, and the grinding, the perk system enforces you to get the utility perks (Lockpicking, Hacking, Local Leader, etc.), yet you'll need the damage perks as well or else you'll be sitting there, whittling a simple Raider Scum's health down little by little.

-The power armor that appears depending on your level is terrible, at best. Because of the fact you have to explore, it means you'll have a chance of most of your Power Armor being nothing more than T-45, just a frame, or Raider armor that's soon equipped by a raider if you're caught when trying to get to it.

-The scrapping, OH GOD THE SCRAPPING. I haven't figured out how to scrap all my junk items in any other method besides literally going to my list in my pip-boy, pressing R on everything, exiting my pip-boy, holding the V button, and then aim precisely on the objects and pressing R and Enter, over and over. It's the worst fucking method I have ever witnessed.

Overall, this game is a chore, a mess, and I can't even box the world in Power Fists.

potatojohn

Arcane
-The scrapping, OH GOD THE SCRAPPING. I haven't figured out how to scrap all my junk items in any other method besides literally going to my list in my pip-boy, pressing R on everything, exiting my pip-boy, holding the V button, and then aim precisely on the objects and pressing R and Enter, over and over. It's the worst fucking method I have ever witnessed.
You can press E instead of Enter. Makes it a lot more convenient. I think it works everywhere that says Enter too.

pippin

I've been noticing the rad poisoning seems to work just as it was in Fallout Shelter: instead of fucking up your stats, it reduces your maximum health. Does it work like this? I don't know how to feel about that if this is true... I mean, less maximum hp *AND* SPECIAL damage would be ideal...

Zerginfestor

Learned
You can press E instead of Enter. Makes it a lot more convenient. I think it works everywhere that says Enter too.
Wish they would put that in a prompt window or instructions at least, It's frustrating to pause movement just to hit the Enter key and move on to the next object. Feels like 80% of my playtime is just staring at the ground, scrapping cartons of cigarettes and aluminum cans.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Wish they would put that in a prompt window or instructions at least, It's frustrating to pause movement just to hit the Enter key and move on to the next object. Feels like 80% of my playtime is just staring at the ground, scrapping cartons of cigarettes and aluminum cans.

:retarded:

To get rid of this kind of junk you’re going to need to head back to one of your settlements. Find your nearest Workshop. Now press R (or whatever button your console uses to transfer items), and choose the STORE ALL JUNK option. Presto. You have successfully cleansed yourself of all your junk, and scrapped every useless item you have. Now when you go to build the next expansion to your base you can simply launch the build menu, and start throwing down walls as the Workshop will automatically put your junk to use.

Kazuki

Arcane
When i see Glow Sea, i thought it's another Daedra Dimension/Planes WTF was that.
They really want to crossover this series with TES aren't they.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
manually scrapping is only necessary for ocd perfectionists, i just dump all the shit in the workbench with T or whatever the key is
enough junk everywhere so thats not an issue. As for adhesive, which apparently is the miracle agent of the future, you can make it with veggies (last option on the cook menu iirc)

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
-Whoever said "There's life in the wasteland" or "There's settlements!" Are obviously bullshitting. Over 50% of the map is devoid of any settlement life, and the other half is just raider-country with Diamond City the main settlement.

There are few settlements, but they are. And they're more consistent and logical that the FO3 ones. BTW this gaem is about you constructing settlements for people.

Zerginfestor

Learned
There are few settlements, but they are. And they're more consistent and logical that the FO3 ones. BTW this gaem is about you constructing settlements for people.

I know, but so far it seems more like a gimmick or to let Bethesda be lazy with making their own settlements. Seems like right after they made Diamond City, they said "Fuck it, the user should do the rest of the work" and that was that. Was hoping to at least see more major/minor settlements instead of pushing my Charisma up to 6 and become a businessman.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree. Too bad that Bethesda will underplay any interesting ideas even in the rare case that they get them. I think there were tribals in NV thogugh? I remember I went to some weird dudes who gave me some drugs in a quest, but I can't remember if it was NV or FO3.

Was hoping to at least see more major/minor settlements instead of pushing my Charisma up to 6 and become a businessman.

Why expect it? Most of FO3's minor settlements were merely set-pieces built around a particular quest or small quest chain. Since they largely seem to have dropped that style with this game (it's go here or kill this now), there's little reason to design a bunch of communities. Bethesda will go full on lazy whenever they get the chance.

"Now there are fewer towns, but the ones that are present are more meaningful." -Todd Howard

There you go, that's a likely way it would have been said had the subject come up.

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
TotalBiscuit's opinion about the game:
yknlfNN.jpg
He even mentioned shiitty dialogues.
There's no one more honest than a dying man.

Mozg

Arcane
TotalBiscuit's opinion about the game:He even mentioned shiitty dialogues.

I hate to get schadenfreude from people mad at FO4 when it's because of polish. If I hadn't managed to internalize that a game is gonna be broken in ten different ways that I'll have to google and solve based on other people's forum posts I wouldn't have been able to enjoy about 90% of my favorite games.

When will people hate BethFO because of the shit they actually set out to do I ask ya

Monad

Learned
So with the way people are talking it looks like there won't be encumbrance in fallout 5. With the way they scrapped skills and gutted dialogue it doesn't seem all that bad. Hell they might just patch it out of 4.
That was my point earlier on. I'd like to see some real substantive criticism beyond how the game runs. If that's your only or main complaint and otherwise the game would be OK then why bother

Last edited:

Zerginfestor

Learned
So, is there even a single quest in this game that isn't a kill, fetch or fedex quest?

I haven't completed the quest, but there's one in Polymer-something-labs that the quest was basically "Find a way to escape the labs", but that included killing a ton of ghouls along the way, so that's......something?...I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom