Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Save files getting corrupted happened in every game they released using the Gamebryo/Creation/etc. engine. They should fix it any moment now.

Also, that background on the Bethesda forum. Ughh.

Monad

Learned
Goddamn how do people have time to get all achievements in this game in a week.

Gerrard

Arcane
I am looking at you legendary radiated mirelurk spawning in the fort while i am busy fighting the hatchlings! Seriously, he killed my lvl20 toon in upgraded tupper box armor (wtf is that combat armor model?) in one hit and runs faster than Usain Bolt. Or the Derpclaw spawning behind me when I looted a trailer...
Reminds me of that sentry bot rolling out on me out of nowhere after I left the building in the National Guard training grounds, doing the BoS quest.
I felt like this should've been the BGM in that situation.

baturinsky

Arcane
I suspect game throttles loot to give ammo to the guns you use and give more Fusion Cores if you are wearing power armor.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Fusion cores are rare? Lol wtf. I had like 20-30 fusion cores by the end game, and CONSTANTLY running around in power armor.

This was on survival mode.... so. Beth failed to make the power armor rare and expensive in use.

Along with all the other stuff they failed at - story - world building - characters - skills/attributes

How get cores. Pls. Tell me.

baturinsky

Arcane
How get cores. Pls. Tell me.
Early game, look for machines like the one you get your first core from. Later, Cores drop increasingly often from robotic enemies and containers, especially (as I suspect) if you wear AP.
Also - get Int8 perk to double Core life. But then make sure you have grenade equipped, because otherwise grenade button will detonate your core.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Reminds me of that sentry bot rolling out on me out of nowhere after I left the building in the National Guard training grounds, doing the BoS quest.
I felt like this should've been the BGM in that situation.
When that happend to me he blew up after a well meant burst from my tommy gun. Dunno if he was some extra low version or pre-damaged. Dat 'lurk however... fuuuuu.

Gerrard

Arcane
Thankfully I was in power armor, but I seem to have rather shitty weapons still. Or maybe I should check my difficulty setting, because enemies seem very spongy.

Fusion cores are rare? Lol wtf. I had like 20-30 fusion cores by the end game, and CONSTANTLY running around in power armor.

Found four on some random lady in a building. Had to recheck my inventory to make sure I hadn't mistaken Fusion Cells for Cores. Nope. Four fresh, 100% Fusion Cores.

While this guy has several good points, there was an indication in Concord that something bad was on its way. I know she's hard to listen to or take seriously but Mama Murphy all but flat out tells you what's in store. Something drawn to the chaos and noise, with horns and claws and an aura of death. Anyone who has ever played a Fallout should hear that description and curse at low levels. And if you duck into Concord's underground access (there are several entrances spread across town) you can figure out the path it took. Complete with busted down walls and gutted Mirelurks.

Last edited:

Monad

Learned
You're right. That was so stupid, felt really out of place to me, seemed more like something you'd hear in a fantasy setting.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mama Murphy has to be the worst character in all of nu-Fallout. Yes, even worse than Three Dog and Moira. The character is nonsensical and the voice acting is the absolute worst.

Mama Murphy has to be the worst character in all of nu-Fallout. Yes, even worse than Three Dog and Moira. The character is nonsensical and the voice acting is the absolute worst.

No, she makes complete sense once you realize she was created as a thin shell over the next generation of hand holding.

Quest-compass, location bar at the bottom of the screen, directions (though depressingly vague), and chit-chat between nearby NPCs not enough to clue you in? Get Mama high and she'll tell you the loose framework of your next couple quests and the story attached to them. I finally gave her some Jet because she wouldn't stop whining and really wish I hadn't. Now she spends her days on the farthest outskirt of Sanctuary tending a garden made just to keep her busy. No I'm not building you a chair, leave me alone.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nonsensical from an in-universe perspective. Psychic powers! I GOTZ DA SIGHT! And could they not have hired an older voice actress? She sounds like a 25 year old trying to sound old.

pippin

People spewing bullshit while they're high is not really nonsensical, especially in Fallout, what's nonsensical is that we are expected to believe she's saying the truth. I wish Bethesda could allow you to lie to people and vice versa.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What exactly was bad about three dog anyway? I've always seen people bashing him, but never an actual argument.

A Raider boss believes she foretold his entire life, to the point that once he achieved power he spent his time tinkering with drugs and people in various combinations trying to replicate it. When news arrived that someone matching her description was passing by he flipped his shit. Pretty sure he's the reason Preston's group got separated from the three Minutemen you find dead in the Super Mart.

Edit: Though you could argue that most of his 'proof' was actually a self-fulfilling prophecy.

pippin

What exactly was bad about three dog anyway? I've always seen people bashing him, but never an actual argument.

Mostly because he's annoying, and also because of that horrid "fighting the good fight" Intelligence check. But what's worse for me is that he's just another karma meter, if you do good, he's happy with you, but if you're not, he scolds you.
Besides, the info he gives about the world is basically the same kind of stuff you'd read in the loading screens anyway. Compare him to Mr. New Vegas, who really feels more like an actual radio DJ and, when he talks about the world, he mention facts and events like you are hearing them from an actual news report.

You can kill Three Dog, however. He's replaced by his assistant, a girl who just limits herself to play music.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Strange, I've never been particularly annoyed by three dog. I think he kind of stood as a symbol of the unkillable American optimism and the universal for all people instinct to keep living, even after the world itself has died. I think that's what "fighting the good fight" may be understood as, but the ideas are put in the words in which this character would be able to describe them. Maybe I've been reading into it too much.

I think three dog himself says that he sees it as his role and his mission to be someone who helps people make the best of their life in the wasteland and help them be less miserable. In that way I think he fits in the world better.

On the other hand I found Mr. Vegas boring by comparison. I also read up on the voice actor and the story of his celebrity decline down to the position where he's only hired because of the Las Vegas context, and it made me kind of sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom