Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Fallout 4 Total Conversions - Now with Fallout: London released

Which Fo4 TCs do you believe will make it to release?

• Fallout 4: New Vegas

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Fallout: Miami

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Fallout: Cascadia

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Fallout: London

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Fallout 4: Liberty Hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 4: Project Arroyo

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • None, but I still wanna kingcomrade.

Votes: 65 59.1%

• Total voters

Gargaune

Arcane
Do we have a dedicated thread for Fallout London? I hear its supposed to be released tomorrow or something.

I've re-read the Frontier thread in anticipation :smug:
What I'm curious about is the target Fo4 build, GOG's offline distribution is still the old 1.10.163 at this time.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
It will not be using the newest Fallout 4 update(s)

https://af.gog.com/en/game/fallout_london?as=1649904300
(Not sure why an affiliate link keeps getting added)

How to install and play Fallout London
If you own Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on Steam, please click here to access the installation's instructions provided by Team FOLON®. You will have to downgrade your version, then install the Fallout: London via our dedicated launcher.

If you own Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on GOG, since our version is directly compatible with Fallout: London, you will only have to follow these easy steps:

1. Install the English version of Fallout 4: GOTY Edition via GOG GALAXY and disable your cloud saves.
2. Get Fallout London in our store for free.
3. Install Fallout London via GOG GALAXY and launch it.
4. Follow the launcher’s instructions, and enjoy!

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The team looks...interesting. On the bright side, the guy in charge of the writing looks normal.

All but one looks fine, all things considered. I am thinking it will be risk averse with bits of wokeshit regardless.

dean-carter.jpg
saff.jpg
jordon.png
Self_Portrait_Cropped.png
Profile.jpg
joe.png
image.png
unknown.png
unknown-1.png
ali.png
dj2.png
unknown.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wow they even got that shit registered.

I question the usefulness of that, but seeing the size of the team and their connections to game journos, a lot of people are assuming they'll want to leverage a successful mod into maybe a gamedev career.

It all depends on the reception of course. From all accounts, The Frontier was a technical marvel but it still went down in flames.

None

Scholar
It all depends on the reception of course. From all accounts, The Frontier was a technical marvel but it still went down in flames.
That all depends on the development environment. Seeing as how they're trying to pass themselves off as some kind of studio there might be an air of professionalism there, but if they're anything like the usual closed off Discord-centric it's more likely to be shit.

Either way we'll find out in the next day or so.

Gargaune

Arcane

Gargaune

Arcane
Game is 'out' on GOG.com

https://af.gog.com/en/game/fallout_london?as=1649904300

(Not actually out yet)

Just GOG.com things
It's "out out" now, you can download it, but...

By clicking the ‘Add to library’ button, I agree to receive marketing communications from GOG and CD PROJEKT on my email address and through GOG services and GOG’s Trusted Partners’ services, to get Fallout: London. See our Privacy Policy.

Oh, GOG... :lol: Not that I mind, I'd already agreed to let them spam me for some other offers.

Question, though, the instructions here say you can install it manually through your mod manager, but you've gotta "start by locating where GOG has downloaded the files to." However, I'm guessing this is the GOG Galaxy approach, so how do you get the DL package from the offline installers? Can you just extract the .bin packages with 7-zip?

P.S.

thesecret1

Arcane
The team looks...interesting. On the bright side, the guy in charge of the writing looks normal.

All but one looks fine, all things considered. I am thinking it will be risk averse with bits of wokeshit regardless.

dean-carter.jpg
saff.jpg
jordon.png
Profile.jpg
joe.png
image.png
unknown.png
unknown-1.png
ali.png
dj2.png
unknown.png
3 homosexuals with piercings, 1 woman(?). Rest ranges from normal to severely autistic (which might be a positive). All in all, not that bad for a studio in CURRENT YEAR.

That said, I watched a bit of the gameplay trailer and the writing seemed sterile as fuck with a high likelyhood of stronk womyn. On the other hand, it might be pretty white... Guess we'll see

dean-carter.jpg
saff.jpg
jordon.png
Profile.jpg
joe.png
image.png
unknown.png
unknown-1.png
ali.png
dj2.png
unknown.png
3 homosexuals with piercings, 1 woman(?). Rest ranges from normal to severely autistic (which might be a positive). All in all, not that bad for a studio in CURRENT YEAR.

That said, I watched a bit of the gameplay trailer and the writing seemed sterile as fuck with a high likelyhood of stronk womyn. On the other hand, it might be pretty white... Guess we'll see
Considering this is London we are talking about, the ghouls are probably Pakis.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok it looks like they have fucked up yet more stuff, they are supposed to be attaching some addon files to the Nexus page but it ain't there so I can't play right now

I guess it'll be tomorrow

Anyway all that aside, it boggles my mind that they managed to fuck up the launch this badly. Not only did the downgrader not function correctly initially, but they didn't include vital addon files as they were meant to, so the installation instructions on the downgrader page make no sense as they refer to files that don't exist.

They also still have no installation video at all to guide newcomers. I am baffled by this. They expect noob retards that do not have any modding knowledge to follow all these arcane steps, avoid making any mistakes, not accidentally download the outdated files that are broken, keep up to date with all the Discord fixes so that they don't constantly have to repeat themselves over and over for issues that have a solution... etc etc

Is it really that hard just to make an official installation video? They did all this hard work to launch the mod and then at the last hurdle they just went 'fuck it, write down a bunch of instructions that only knowledgeable modders will be able to figure out, job's done'

I'll never understand the mentality of people like this in how they completely fail to understand how to make things easy to understand for the end user

The Discord is a complete shitshow right now and all the moderators are like "If only people would just read the instructions -crying emoji-"

I'm like motherfuckers you expect people to read?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom