Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could you imagine if this game released on Steam? Thinking about the refunds and reviews and just hoping there is an alternate reality where this happened.

:evilcodex:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
That email response is so infuriating. No, the shit we sold you was actually too good so we made it cheaper without telling you. No, we're not doing anything about it, so bite us.

That's a politely worded "fuck you" to your customers. These guys have just gone off the deep end.

ADL

Prophet
ISChG67.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Could you imagine if this game released on Steam? Thinking about the refunds and reviews and just hoping there is an alternate reality where this happened.

:evilcodex:
Bethtards before release: Yeah, go Bethesda! Don't let evil Gaben steal your money!
Bethtards now: I-I-I'm enjoying it!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That email response is so infuriating. No, the shit we sold you was actually too good so we made it cheaper without telling you. No, we're not doing anything about it, so bite us.

That's a politely worded "fuck you" to your customers. These guys have just gone off the deep end.

1543449386901.png

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Only video games companies can do that. What do you think would happen if I were to sell a bag on amazon, say it's canvas but instead put nylon or hell, a paper bag? would I get a free pass? Nah, lawsuits would fucking come down like the rain, amazon would immediately break relations and stop selling my products. You usually don't get a free pass about lying on the very nature of materials used in physical goods. You can't go and pretend pleather is real animal leather or other nonsense.

The funniest thing about this collector edition garbage is that there's not even a game disk inside. So they give you a bit of plastic garbage, a nylon bag and an empty DVD box for $200. Collector editions have always been major ripoffs but I think we're hitting as close as a company can get to outright scam. Canvas isn't even an expensive material to begin with.. how jewish do you have to be to pick nylon

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
People who buy special editions deserve everything they (don't) get.
I don't pity the idiots who bought this, but I'm absolutely gleeful that the game has been bad enough to make even the idiotic beth fanbase look harder at all potential lies and do things like this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a19jr6/fallout_76_200_collectors_edition_comes_with/eaoeumq/

For those of you who bought your copy from BestBuy, you should try doing like I just did (literally just got back from the store) and pack up everything in the original box as it was, drive over to your nearest BestBuy store (preferably ASAP so as to not leave their "standard" 15-day return window), walk it over to customer service, and very kindly explain that you received a defective product; you were advertised, promised, and purchased one product, and were given an entirely different product with no notice (FYI the BestBuy product pages still advertise it as a canvas bag). The customer service agents were very kind and understanding with me (I believe one of them said "geez that's shitty of them"), and gave me a full refund on the spot with no hassle.

Due to the nature of digital codes (I bought the PC version), there is no refunding of digital keys, so I still have the game.

Bethesda is actually really going to eat some shit up if enough people act like this. After all the already terrible publicity there was for the game itself.

They will not forget this game release.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trying to buy a package that contains a bag which doesn't exist? Here, get some of these currencies that don't exist either :M

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Downloaded it, I suffer so that you distinguished gentleman do not have to.

Have played it a bit. With private servers and a fuck ton of mods it has the potential to be exactly the same as F3/4: A decent survivaly/shootery game that is fun to derp around in for a bit while pretending it is not related to the Fallout universe.

Same shitty engine running like shit, but looks decent enough with new lighting system, but so much DOF and bloom and other shit that everything is so blurry its hard to see if its good or bad. Some nice dramatic changes in biomes on the map, I guess they learned after F4 attempt at more realistic brown/grey that people prefer their theme parks to be bright and garish.

The multiplayer is almost irrelevant anyway as the map is so big you dont see many people, and over time people log off meaning the server gets emptier and emptier. Seems like they dont add new people back onto previous servers, seems like a strange way of doing it, but it means eventually you will be alone.

The screaming and ranting about no NPCs is quite funny to me. Bethesda are so utterly incompetent at designing believable and interesting NPCs, quests and storylines that F3/4 already feels like you are walking around a giant theme park full of animatronics. F76 is literally just peeling back the veneer and going, look they ARE all robots! And my goodness listen to all the funny nonsense they are saying, LOL! It certainly feels like droll robot dialogue is the forte of whoever the hack writer is that Bethesda has working on this series.

Supermutants/BOS are shoehorned in of course, because Bethesda are creatively and innovatively bankrupt. It could be worse considering the main plot point is "the scorched plague" which is literally just a zombie apocalypse. As with F4s Fog Town DLC there are tiny flashes of what could have been. For example at the very beginning I ran into some little china war bots, this was kind of neat and I imagined a game where instead of BOS/Super mutants/generic zombie plague, you had a land being over run and terraformed/colonized by chinese super bot army. That would be kind of cool? A chance for Bethesda to segue back to their "terminator" roots, drop the pretense of making an RPG and focus on shootery/survival stuff. But anyway never gonna happen, to be honest in the current climate* I am shocked they have not retconned the "war vs china" and removed it completely from the game.

The level up system is functionally the same as F4, which I would argue was ok as the one thing it did was make each stat point meaningful. But it has now been casualized even further as perks are 'cards' that can be swapped in and out on a whim. For some reason the SPECIAL points are permenant but they have already released a statement saying they will introduce a respec system soon. Any meaningful consequence to leveling up choice has been removed, but then why does it even matter, the point where Beth stop pretending its an RPG is the point they could focus on making a better game.

In summary after many patches and DLC/microtransactions it will be fine for what it is, and basicly its just F3/4 with coop. Which is what all the casual console tards wanted right? So the current hysterical feeding frenzy by the media is classic bandwagon jumping hyperbole.

Anyway dunno why I wasted my time writing this as none of you will probably read it, but whatever...

*Apparently the Western entertainment industry is gearing up to turn into a China focused entertainment industry. Eg. Hollywood re-editing movies and shooting new scenes so they appeal to the chinese audience.

Lingwe

Liturgist
So in exchange for people who got sold a cheapass nylon bag Bethesda will credit them 500 Bethesda bucks that they can use to buy a new haircut for their character. Also they're offering to spit in customers faces for free. This fucking company man.

Codex Year of the Donut
So in exchange for people who got sold a cheapass nylon bag Bethesda will credit them 500 Bethesda bucks that they can use to buy a new haircut for their character. Also they're offering to spit in customers faces for free. This fucking company man.
wow they got their product and a bonus 500 bethesda bucks?
lucky.

Darkman

Educated
See that mountain? You can't go over there.

See that floor? You can go through it.

See that big world over there? Don't worry, there isn't shit to do in it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
See that mountain? You can't go over there.

See that floor? You can go through it.

See that big world over there? Don't worry, there isn't shit to do in it.
See that big helicopter? No? Well, move until you stand 10 meter away, it'll pop right in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom