Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Bliblablubb

Arcane
For giggles I decided to go through the DL and do my (almost) yearly check in and got awarded 40 atoms for discovering all locations in... somewhere. Okay! Then I was immediately greeted by Commietron, my old and only friend, who apparently only managed to seize meager means of production during my absence. Slacker. Be thankful I never built a gulag.
Also populating my camp were an ASSaultron counting birds and a guitarwomyn who only knows one song.
But everything was overshadowed by the roaring sound of my GPU's fan, who informed me that my average FPS are now.. 850... :obviously:

FUCK YEA- no wait that's not good thing, right?
Feels more like 15 fps actually, microstuttering every 5 seconds... yup, nothing has changed. :hahano:

Since the scrapbawx is currently available for fithly casuals as well, I dumped everything in there to free space (was the limit always 1200?), and now I am ready... to check in again in one year. Mission accomplished. :salute:

Also found a screenshot from when Codexia had... apparently a good time
eCgnHtt.png

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I sympathize for anyone who missed out on that small period of time where they'd give you a Steam key if you had it on Bethesda.net
Clicking play now often doesn't work and it breaks all the fucking time. Only thing is, your atoms between the Bethesda.net version and the Steam version don't transfer so you gotta eventually reinstall the Bethesda.net version when you find something you want to spend your .net atoms on.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That's why I didn't bother with it back then. But I was HD-space-poor at that time and couldn't afford 2 copies on my meager storage to keep access to my mooched hard earned atoms. :cry:

Dexter

Arcane
....so, rusty_shackleford, gregz and Alexander DeDerp?

What a brilliant community.
Forgot me too.
Feels more like 15 fps actually, microstuttering every 5 seconds... yup, nothing has changed. :hahano:

Since the scrapbawx is currently available for fithly casuals as well, I dumped everything in there to free space (was the limit always 1200?), and now I am ready... to check in again in one year. Mission accomplished. :salute:
Thanks, would have likely not installed it and logged in without finding out that I can dump all my shit into the Scrapbox, making it easier to continue and clear out my Stash too. Played it for like ~15 hours again, Double XP helped.

I can just repeat that while it was a shitshow on Launch as I stated back then, I think it might have morphed to be the best "Modern Bethesda RPG" over time, for all that’s worth. Although I’m generally not a fan of them and I think the only one I actually managed to complete was Fallout 3, despite really not liking it. It’s probably better than Fallout 4 too. Main reasons being that there’s different sections of the world that feel and look different instead of samey like everywhere in F3/4, and that the quality of the "stories" and world exploration/environmental storytelling is on a higher level and generally more interesting. Everything is connected somehow, it’s not all just disconnected choice text for a bit of flavor that you'll forget about 5 minutes later, you get to uncover the "secrets" of people, magnate families and companies long after they’re dead. For instance similar to the Grafton family drama around Grafton Steel, you can discover the family drama around the Hornwright family in Charleston. You get the first hints by visiting the Charleston Herald building, where there's talk about a reporter that was investigating them and was disappeared. There's a bunch of lore at Hornwright Industrial HQ, where you get to Search through the offices and find more leads about the various members of the Hornwright family, how the wife of the CEO died and he became obsessed with a special project called "Motherlode". He also had a daughter that was working as an Executive for the company and the story extends to the Hornwright Summer Villa, the Hornwright Estate and various other places. There's an entire overarching plot about workers rioting in several places in the South over the attempt of being replaced with machines by the big mining companies extending to several cities like Welch and a feud going on between the two big "Mining" families, the Hornwrights and Carrahans that come with their own locations and backstories. There’s also simply more unique/distinct places that make it more fun to explore and the various Updates that have come since release have filled the map out nicely and added a lot more stuff to do making it feel a lot less empty than in the beginning. There's no moment where you have to ask yourself "what to do next", since there's always something around the corner. The “conspiracy” stuff added by the “Wild Appalachia” Update is pretty cool for instance.

The most annoying shit about it is still the “Pay to Play” model, where you have to “Subscribe to Fallout First” for an unlimited Scrapbox and the usual player stash has apparently been increased from 400 pounds at release to 600 in 2018, 800 in 2019 and now 1200 after a recent Update, which still doesn't exactly feel enough. There’s barely a moment I don’t run around being Encumbered, since having a few weapons and bits of armor already puts one close to the Standard weight limit even despite a lot of mitigating abilities and if you're already over the weight limit you might as well just pick up additional stuff for scrapping and selling or building shit. And the “stutter”/lag whenever you’re inside, it’s amazing that they haven’t fixed it after all this time, since this was basically the main complaint from the guy I played CoOp with during the first Free Weekend and it's constantly being brought up. The other thing that they fucked up is the Level Scaling Update. Now basically every monster you meet in the world is exactly your level. There's no danger of running into "high level" areas anymore and being hunted down by Mobs that are ~20-30 levels above you, on the other hand you never have to deal with under-leveled enemies if you largely played during such "Double XP" events or if you just out-leveled the current content.

Played the battle royale mode last year and tbh it wasn't half bad but it still feels like a jank ass version of Fallout 4 with all the bugs that entails. Doubt it holds up to dedicated battle royale games though.

Myobi

Liturgist
....so, rusty_shackleford, gregz and Alexander DeDerp?

What a brilliant community.

Forgot me too.

To be fair, who doesn't.

But now, now, don't push it, those servers are quite delicate, just wait until 1 of those 3 are done playing, then you can hope in, let’s not risk breaking the entire damn thing again.

Dexter

Arcane
But now, now, don't push it, those servers are quite delicate, just wait until 1 of those 3 are done playing, then you can hope in, let’s not risk breaking the entire damn thing again.
I haven't really had any problems with the Servers at all, not now or during the last Free Weekend, nor when I tried the Open Beta. Maybe if you want to count peculiar down times with big-ass Warnings appearing at the top right that they will go down within the next ~30 minutes and a Countdown that you wouldn't have for Singleplayer games. The issues for me have been entirely different, on the other hand I'm not using any Bethesda Launcher, so I have no idea what he is even talking about.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The most annoying shit about it is still the “Pay to Play” model
Not just that, but the blatant hamfisted way they do everything around it, trying to badly copy their the older brother ESO.
Like, in ESO, crafting is completely unneccessary and optional, armor repair just costs meager amounts of gold. You would basically just sub to get access to all new stories for a month. Once a year. That's enough and a fair price.
Just as the current free week: you get access to everything except the new chapter blackwood wood-of-color.

In FO76 you have to repair your armor if someone as much as sneezes at you. Have fun farming ballistic fibre every day. "Please sub or buy repair kits. Love, Todd." :argh:
In many ways FO76 is a testbed to see how far they can milk players for future games.

Although both online games have proven one thing:
As soon as a studio is physically far away from Todd and his cronies' bubble of influence, the writing gits gud. Todd simply cannot "check on them" enough to "take an active role".
People are quick to shit on writers in games and movies, but most of the times it's the producers pestering them with "great ideas" and changes they need to implement. Rite nao! And when you have 10 of those, you get Star Trek Picard level of writing... :argh:

Dexter

Arcane
In FO76 you have to repair your armor if someone as much as sneezes at you. Have fun farming ballistic fibre every day. "Please sub or buy repair kits. Love, Todd." :argh:
I can't say I have noticed this on my char, although I'm around ~Lvl40 so this might be an End game thing. When I need to repair any of my "Legendaries" I just get to a bench, equip that "150%" Armor repair card and go ahead and it will usually hold for hours or days. When I'm in for a larger fight I usually just hop into a full Power Armor and go ahead mowing everything down. I find it far more annoying how quickly weapons break while in use. That Power Fist or Sniper in use will at most last like ~1-2 hours.

Myobi

Liturgist
I haven't really had any problems with the Servers at all, not now or during the last Free Weekend, nor when I tried the Open Beta. Maybe if you want to count peculiar down times with big-ass Warnings appearing at the top right that they will go down within the next ~30 minutes and a Countdown that you wouldn't have for Singleplayer games. The issues for me have been entirely different, on the other hand I'm not using any Bethesda Launcher, so I have no idea what he is even talking about.

wusshhh ~ ~ jump buddy, jump!

Edited: No dude, I'm not “butthurt”, I was just hopeful that if you jumped high enough, you could still get the silly joke that just went way above your head… at this point I’m just afraid you’ll hurt yourself trying, look, just forget about it...

Fucking Fallout 76 community… just almost as good as Star Citizen’s.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
IIRC ballistic fibre is used for lvl40 and lvl50 armor. At least I remember switching back to lvl30 for a looooong time because it broke so nofunly fast. I also did not know where to get it with little to no effort, might be better with all the "OMG MUST WATCH AWSOME GUIDE" videos everywhere these days.

Or worse, considering that you now have to fight level scaled enemies for it. :hahano:

Developer
I hope they do an expedtion to fallout tactic's universe, and we can have an ultra-brotherhood marathon!! Then we can go to new vegas too and save the lonely brotherhood by wiping out legion or the ncr. WOW!

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
What they did with wastelander was amazing, but frankly, the original idea is still retarded : you're the survivor of a nuclear apocalypse (oh wait, actually there are dozens of you), you're in a world which just started its rebirth, and what's your purpose : getting nuclear launch codes in order to restart armageddon just so you can farm XP. Right.

As much as I like exploring the map, I can't get past this.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I've just come back to this game after about a year.

I had to ditch my guns straight off because I was doing NO damage to enemies.

I had about 70 stimpaks saved up from my previous play, and I've blown through them in a day.

I hate using power armour, but I don't think I can play the game anymore without using it now. Normal armour is just useless against some enemies.

I never bothered optimising build for a play style and just left everything on 8. I don't think I can leave it like that anymore.

I never bothered changing weapons or cards, but now it looks like you have to do calculations before going into battle now.

https://www.newsweek.com/fallout-76-steel-reign-bethesda-bug-fixes-story-updates-expansions-1605235

'Fallout 76: Steel Reign'—Bethesda Says Please Give Game a Chance After Hard Lessons
Harrison Abbott8-10 minutes 07/07/2021

With Fallout 76's Steel Reign expansion releasing today, the development team at Bethesda spoke to Newsweek about the hard lessons they have learned since the game's notoriously shaky launch and why now is the best time to give it another chance.

Fallout 76 had a shoddy release back in October 2018. Upon launch, the game was riddled with frustrating bugs, server issues and balancing problems. Not to mention it was also lacking the content that many expected to see from a title bearing the Fallout name.

Prior to 76, the franchise was renowned for its immersive open worlds and branching storylines, but the online multiplayer experience had neither of these things. In fact, it did not even have NPCs for you to interact with at the start, other than a few stationary robots that merely existed to hand out quests.

Many quickly abandoned the live-service after realizing that it not only failed to live up to the standard of Fallout, but also of a finished product in general. There were simply too many features missing at launch, and everything that was included felt very rough around the edges.

Fans were quick to express their disapproval, with the game receiving incredibly low user ratings across a number of different aggregate sites, including Metacritic where the base version still sits at an abysmal 2.8. Professional reviewers were not much kinder, as the title quickly became Bethesda's worst-scoring game in history, with Newsweek's own review deeming it "Bad, bland and busted."

The situation became so contentious that ZeniMax Media (Bethesda's parent company) were legally obligated to offer refunds to Australian customers, due to the severe technical faults.

Listening to 'Fallout 76' Player Feedback
brotherhood-steel-sniper.jpg

"Steel Reign" is the latest in a long line of major updates for "Fallout 76". Bethesda
It is worth noting that Bethesda themselves are cognizant of this backlash and even agree with it to some extent. Speaking to Newsweek at a roundtable interview, Fallout 76's design director, Mark Tucker, admitted that his priority over the last couple of years has been to rehabilitate the game's image.

He said: "We listened to the feedback of 'this doesn't feel like a Fallout game' [and] since launch, we have made significant changes."

Indeed, Fallout 76 has received upwards of 25 major updates in the intervening years, delivering a lot of the content that many felt was initially missing. Among other things, there are now daily ops, beefier questlines, warring factions to choose between, and more complex RPG elements.

Tucker continued: "This is now a very story-driven game. You're gonna have some great interactions with NPCs and some interesting choices. There's a lot of deep storytelling going on."

Jeff Gardiner, lead producer for Fallout 76, echoed these sentiments, adding: "If you are a story fan, or a traditional RPG fan like I am myself, there is a lot [now] for you to come and explore. So please jump in and give us a shot."

Fixing The 'Fallout 76' Bugs and Server Issues
trio-players-fallout-76.jpg

Alongside story content, the "Steel Reign" expansion will also feature new cosmetic rewards and gear. Bethesda
The lacklustre narrative was not the only thing that tarnished Fallout 76's reputation, as the title was also plagued with a litany of technical issues.

Gardiner was rather candid on this subject, acknowledging those early days of the game were a "troubled" time. He said: "We have fixed a bunch of bugs and stability issues that were at launch I'll be honest. The most valuable lesson we learned [from this] was to obviously beta test things and get it in front of people before we launch."

On a related note, Gardiner points to the introduction of a Public Test Server (PTS) as the real turning point for Fallout 76. For context, this is essentially an environment that allows gamers to preview updates and new content prior to it being added to the game's live server. It is a bit like early access, in the sense that it allows the development team to collate feedback and tweak updates before they are rolled out to the general public.

Speaking about the impact of the PTS, Gardiner said: "If I had to point to a single thing that was a sea change for us, outside of the Wastelanders expansion, it was actually the PTS server. We [used it] to track performance, crashes and other issues that are easier for us to find if we are stress testing with larger populations [doing] things that our own QA testers can't do in 8-hour sessions."

Tucker agreed with this point, adding: "Once you have more people playing the game, you're going to see more things cropping up. And that has enabled us to address some pretty critical bugs that we may not have caught [otherwise]."

Not only has the PTS allowed Bethesda to roll out more stable fixes to Fallout 76, but it has also informed some of their recent design choices. For example, feedback from the PTS was used to refine the new legendary crafting system, as well as the legendary perks.

Speaking about the latter, Tucker said: "We got so much criticism we actually delayed the release of legendary perks [and] went back to the drawing board. We added quite a few new perks, we removed some that players didn't find very useful, and we made some significant balance changes to others."

Helping Teams Finally Play Together
patriot-power-armour-fallout-76.jpg

New power armour will be included as a reward for completing the expansion. Bethesda
In addition to the public test server, the developers also identified the One Wasteland For All release as one of the main reasons that now is a good time to jump back into Fallout 76.

Inspired by the One Tamriel expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online, this patch made it so that enemies scale appropriately to your character, regardless of where you are situated on the map. Speaking about the update, Tucker said: "For those who are trying to get their friends back in, we have made some really positive changes to make it easier for them to play together.

"[One Wasteland] opens up the world for older players because now the lower-level places will still present a challenge for them. We're basically levelling creatures up to your level, but it is relative to you. So that means, you could be level 300 and your friend could be level 5 and you can still play together."

"I think that's really important, especially for the players who have stuck with us and want to get their friends back in. They don't have to worry about rerolling a new character."

Winning Fans Back
daniel-shin-fallout-76-steel-reign.jpg

Several characters from the "Steel Dawn" expansion, including Daniel Shin (pictured), will be returning for "Steel Reign" and they will remember your past interactions. Bethesda
For Gardiner, bringing Fallout 76 to the Xbox Game Pass was an opportunity to get a lot of fresh eyes on the new-and-improved release and win people over. He said: "76 has come a long way. We did put it up on Game Pass, long prior to the announcement of the [Microsoft] acquisition and it's still there. It bounces up and down in the top 10 most played.

"I think it's part of the reason that the game's success has changed, because the sentiment online changed, and people were actually playing it. For the last few years [we have] beaten all of our goals on many levels, in terms of key performance indicators like session time, number of players, stability and sentiment."

Reflecting on the game's overall development journey, Gardiner said: "I don't want to sound like we're tooting our own horn here. The fans that have stuck with us have made this game very successful [and] even through the troubled times [they gave] us a chance to correct the ship and keep moving forward. I am super grateful forever for that".

Fallout 76 is still being supplied with new content. Today marks the launch of the latest "Steel Reign" add-on, which will be followed by three more major updates this year.

Meanwhile, 2022 will see the debut of a series of newly-announced expansions for the game, entitled Fallout: Expeditions. These will be story-driven DLCs that take the player out of the Appalachia Mountain range and into various neighboring locations, like the Pitt.

1 of 6

brotherhood-soldier-defending-outpost.jpg

The "Steel Reign" update promises to address many of the gripes that players have with "Fallout 76". Bethesda

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
https://www.newsweek.com/fallout-76-steel-reign-bethesda-bug-fixes-story-updates-expansions-1605235

'Fallout 76: Steel Reign'—Bethesda Says Please Give Game a Chance After Hard Lessons
Harrison Abbott8-10 minutes 07/07/2021

With Fallout 76's Steel Reign expansion releasing today, the development team at Bethesda spoke to Newsweek about the hard lessons they have learned since the game's notoriously shaky launch and why now is the best time to give it another chance.

Fallout 76 had a shoddy release back in October 2018. Upon launch, the game was riddled with frustrating bugs, server issues and balancing problems. Not to mention it was also lacking the content that many expected to see from a title bearing the Fallout name.

Prior to 76, the franchise was renowned for its immersive open worlds and branching storylines, but the online multiplayer experience had neither of these things. In fact, it did not even have NPCs for you to interact with at the start, other than a few stationary robots that merely existed to hand out quests.

Many quickly abandoned the live-service after realizing that it not only failed to live up to the standard of Fallout, but also of a finished product in general. There were simply too many features missing at launch, and everything that was included felt very rough around the edges.

Fans were quick to express their disapproval, with the game receiving incredibly low user ratings across a number of different aggregate sites, including Metacritic where the base version still sits at an abysmal 2.8. Professional reviewers were not much kinder, as the title quickly became Bethesda's worst-scoring game in history, with Newsweek's own review deeming it "Bad, bland and busted."

The situation became so contentious that ZeniMax Media (Bethesda's parent company) were legally obligated to offer refunds to Australian customers, due to the severe technical faults.

Listening to 'Fallout 76' Player Feedback
brotherhood-steel-sniper.jpg

"Steel Reign" is the latest in a long line of major updates for "Fallout 76". Bethesda
It is worth noting that Bethesda themselves are cognizant of this backlash and even agree with it to some extent. Speaking to Newsweek at a roundtable interview, Fallout 76's design director, Mark Tucker, admitted that his priority over the last couple of years has been to rehabilitate the game's image.

He said: "We listened to the feedback of 'this doesn't feel like a Fallout game' [and] since launch, we have made significant changes."

Indeed, Fallout 76 has received upwards of 25 major updates in the intervening years, delivering a lot of the content that many felt was initially missing. Among other things, there are now daily ops, beefier questlines, warring factions to choose between, and more complex RPG elements.

Tucker continued: "This is now a very story-driven game. You're gonna have some great interactions with NPCs and some interesting choices. There's a lot of deep storytelling going on."

Jeff Gardiner, lead producer for Fallout 76, echoed these sentiments, adding: "If you are a story fan, or a traditional RPG fan like I am myself, there is a lot [now] for you to come and explore. So please jump in and give us a shot."

Fixing The 'Fallout 76' Bugs and Server Issues
trio-players-fallout-76.jpg

Alongside story content, the "Steel Reign" expansion will also feature new cosmetic rewards and gear. Bethesda
The lacklustre narrative was not the only thing that tarnished Fallout 76's reputation, as the title was also plagued with a litany of technical issues.

Gardiner was rather candid on this subject, acknowledging those early days of the game were a "troubled" time. He said: "We have fixed a bunch of bugs and stability issues that were at launch I'll be honest. The most valuable lesson we learned [from this] was to obviously beta test things and get it in front of people before we launch."

On a related note, Gardiner points to the introduction of a Public Test Server (PTS) as the real turning point for Fallout 76. For context, this is essentially an environment that allows gamers to preview updates and new content prior to it being added to the game's live server. It is a bit like early access, in the sense that it allows the development team to collate feedback and tweak updates before they are rolled out to the general public.

Speaking about the impact of the PTS, Gardiner said: "If I had to point to a single thing that was a sea change for us, outside of the Wastelanders expansion, it was actually the PTS server. We [used it] to track performance, crashes and other issues that are easier for us to find if we are stress testing with larger populations [doing] things that our own QA testers can't do in 8-hour sessions."

Tucker agreed with this point, adding: "Once you have more people playing the game, you're going to see more things cropping up. And that has enabled us to address some pretty critical bugs that we may not have caught [otherwise]."

Not only has the PTS allowed Bethesda to roll out more stable fixes to Fallout 76, but it has also informed some of their recent design choices. For example, feedback from the PTS was used to refine the new legendary crafting system, as well as the legendary perks.

Speaking about the latter, Tucker said: "We got so much criticism we actually delayed the release of legendary perks [and] went back to the drawing board. We added quite a few new perks, we removed some that players didn't find very useful, and we made some significant balance changes to others."

Helping Teams Finally Play Together
patriot-power-armour-fallout-76.jpg

New power armour will be included as a reward for completing the expansion. Bethesda
In addition to the public test server, the developers also identified the One Wasteland For All release as one of the main reasons that now is a good time to jump back into Fallout 76.

Inspired by the One Tamriel expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online, this patch made it so that enemies scale appropriately to your character, regardless of where you are situated on the map. Speaking about the update, Tucker said: "For those who are trying to get their friends back in, we have made some really positive changes to make it easier for them to play together.

"[One Wasteland] opens up the world for older players because now the lower-level places will still present a challenge for them. We're basically levelling creatures up to your level, but it is relative to you. So that means, you could be level 300 and your friend could be level 5 and you can still play together."

"I think that's really important, especially for the players who have stuck with us and want to get their friends back in. They don't have to worry about rerolling a new character."

Winning Fans Back
daniel-shin-fallout-76-steel-reign.jpg

Several characters from the "Steel Dawn" expansion, including Daniel Shin (pictured), will be returning for "Steel Reign" and they will remember your past interactions. Bethesda
For Gardiner, bringing Fallout 76 to the Xbox Game Pass was an opportunity to get a lot of fresh eyes on the new-and-improved release and win people over. He said: "76 has come a long way. We did put it up on Game Pass, long prior to the announcement of the [Microsoft] acquisition and it's still there. It bounces up and down in the top 10 most played.

"I think it's part of the reason that the game's success has changed, because the sentiment online changed, and people were actually playing it. For the last few years [we have] beaten all of our goals on many levels, in terms of key performance indicators like session time, number of players, stability and sentiment."

Reflecting on the game's overall development journey, Gardiner said: "I don't want to sound like we're tooting our own horn here. The fans that have stuck with us have made this game very successful [and] even through the troubled times [they gave] us a chance to correct the ship and keep moving forward. I am super grateful forever for that".

Fallout 76 is still being supplied with new content. Today marks the launch of the latest "Steel Reign" add-on, which will be followed by three more major updates this year.

Meanwhile, 2022 will see the debut of a series of newly-announced expansions for the game, entitled Fallout: Expeditions. These will be story-driven DLCs that take the player out of the Appalachia Mountain range and into various neighboring locations, like the Pitt.

1 of 6

brotherhood-soldier-defending-outpost.jpg

The "Steel Reign" update promises to address many of the gripes that players have with "Fallout 76". Bethesda

No, Bethesda. Fuck you.

Curious_Tongue's little info is really all you need to know about this game, and why you never should play it to begin with.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I literally had an easier time going up against an assaultron with melee than a mister gutsy that has armour piercing bullets.
Heh, they still haven't fixed that? Who am I kidding, of course not, it's Bethesda. It just works! :hahano:
Especially funny because they make barely any noise, you just suddently go from "can't touch me in mah PA" to "press F to respawn".

I haven't had the time to play this DLC yet, but even for the last one, after the levelscaling, I already ditched all weapons and just went with power armor and a primed gatling laser, since empty cores can be magically turned into primed ones. It just wo-... yeah.
Normal armor breaks way too fast and the only viable firearms are auto rifles, forcing you to farm ammo to keep up with the ungodly consumpshun. No thanks.

Ironically, the new DLC adds legendary power armor parts that drop like candy, so the ONLY reason NOT to go power armor is gone now too.

At least West-Tek is instanced now AFAIK, so you can farm xp/steel in a "single player experience".

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I could probably handle the game if I started again from scratch, then sold every item to every vendor I could find for caps and stimpaks and picked all my perk cards, armour and weapons to accommodate the new system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom