Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Mud'

Scholar
Man when i saw the first trailer with the classic pipboy i was so excited that they were looking at the old games for designs.

My dream would be that FO76 had the classic weapons models ala New Vegas with classic creatures like Geckos or mutants like that or that we could mod the damn game to replace the weapon models for classic models like that FO4 mod.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Funfact: apparently MS has problems with their eggsbawx store/got hacked, resulting in players getting ever increasing amounts of cybershekels in different games.
In FO76 consoletards report having suddently 70k atoms or more, and, because Bethesda is Bethesda, got banned for... reporting it. :hahano:

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull an emergency server shutdown now, atom related bugs are only things they fix ASAP.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Also funny: the meat week event can reward a gatling shotgun, which, when used with a single barrel, will spit out 16 pellets per shot, each rolling for secondary effects. Full auto. It's already a portable server lag machine, it's gonna be glorious when everybody and their dog have it. :hahano:

Mud'

Scholar
Save up and buy yourself a PC man.

Agree and disagree.

The best community I think that is on consoles because there is almost no cheating + the trading aspect of it (aside from having to use discord to do it).

On PC everything is worthless because of the cheaters.

However on base PS4, at least in the meat week event, the game was a slideshow because there were like 12 fucking people doing some shit in that place.

The game costed me like 2$ on PS4 and I have made around 20$ off it by selling rare shit on eBay and Discord.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I bought it
You withheld an important information from the hivemind to judge you properly: how much did you pay?

Less than 15$ -> okayish

Full price -> wear your donkey hat and stand in a corner. :obviously:
You should have of saved that money for the 3rd rerelease of Skyrim instead. Gotta collect them all.

SumDrunkGuy

I bought it
You withheld an important information from the hivemind to judge you properly: how much did you pay?

Less than 15$ -> okayish

Full price -> wear your donkey hat and stand in a corner. :obviously:
You should have of saved that money for the 3rd rerelease of Skyrim instead. Gotta collect them all.

I clearly said i paid $10 you worthless idiot stick

Man when i saw the first trailer with the classic pipboy i was so excited that they were looking at the old games for designs.

My dream would be that FO76 had the classic weapons models ala New Vegas with classic creatures like Geckos or mutants like that or that we could mod the damn game to replace the weapon models for classic models like that FO4 mod.

iu

F76_Winchester_P94_Plasma_Rifle.jpg

There's also an "Auto Grenade Launcher" and Gauss Minigun (ok that last one is from Tactics).

Point is, they did look to New Vegas for inspiration - the weapons are actually fun, instead of Bethesda's tiny selection of makeshift hobo jury-rigged unfun peashooters, and a whopping selection of 2 guns available for a "Heavy Gunner" build.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Point is, they did look to New Vegas for inspiration - the weapons are actually fun, instead of Bethesda's tiny selection of makeshift hobo jury-rigged unfun peashooters, and a whopping selection of 2 guns available for a "Heavy Gunner" build.
The Plasma caster is actually a really good gun.
They even made the normal Minigun great again. #MMGA
When they introduced leg crafting I rolled few FOR SCIENCE, and got a Junkie's/FFR one. Deals ~30 dammich against lvl100 super mutants at a yuge rate if fire. I had to stop shooting at 20% HP for the wonky server to realize the enemy is already dead. :hahano:
Since ammo is cheap and plenty, it's a totally viable main weapon. Or slap the shredder on it, drop all ammo and have a kickass melee setup.
Flamer is even better, but you had to work around the bug every time you log in.

TLDR: In FO76 heavy weapons are finally great and fun to use again. Especially because that laggy VATS makes normal guns NotFun(tm) half of the time.
Too bad there is barely any reason to log in and use them in the end. :hahano:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
You're better off doing daily operations until your eyes/ears bleed and hope for the crusader pistol, which is basically the 12.7mm pistol from FNV.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Crusader_pistol
Which in turn is based off of the 14mm Pistol from Fallout 1, so that's fine by me.

Also in games like these (dumb looter shooter stuff) I generally don't really care about the effectiveness of a weapon, if it looks cool or I like it for literally any reason I can find I tend to use it. I've played like 2000 hours of Warframe like a complete degenerate so I'm aware of meme guns not being good, I still use them. I'm just happy to see the PPK12 design return, because it means when someone in their dev team said "ok we need a pistol archetype for the gauss weapon" the designer's first thought wasn't to go rooting around a junkyard for random pieces of scrap metal to slap together into something resembling a gun like pretty much every original Fallout 3 & 4 weapon, they instead went to the game in the series that already has a Gauss Pistol and used that instead.

Seriously I am sick of seeing the AER9 Laser Rifle and AEP7 Laser Pistol when the fucking Wattz Laser guns from Fallout 1 looked so much better. Something New Vegas got right was at least bringing back the original Plasma Pistol (in the form of the Plasma Defender) because the Bethesda jank Fallout 3 Plasma Pistol looks fucking ugly as all hell.
And then Fallout 4 took it away from us as well as 99% of our arsenal only to replace them with shitty looking guns that all use the same set of mods to give you the illusion of variety. Because Todd Howard hates you.

Is 76 still broken wannabe borderlands crap? Can you even play single player?

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

70 giggerbit update... I had to delete like 5 games just to update the piece of shit. Wtf.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My morbid curiosity about FO76 "news" got rewarded once again, only a few hours ago Bethesda has started a new popcorn worthy drama episode of "We find ways to fuck up when nobody expects it."

Like many games, FO76 has a daily/weekly challenges system ("season"), where players gain ranks from, which in turn unlock rewards on a gui that looks like a game board. So far, so normal.
Today, the current board was apparently meant to end, and a new season to start. Because of that, many "speshul FOMO players" started swiping their CC to buy themselves ranks. Take my money, gotta have that last reward y'know.

But that means there is money coming in. Guess what happens? They are now having "technical problems with the new season". Mind you, that's just a new picture for an existing routine. So.... new season is postponed for... 2 weeks. :hahano:
That's either a new whole level of incompetence, or one of the boldest attempts to squeeze player for money I've seen.

All those tantrums of players going "I only payed because I thought it ended today! I want my money back!". Getting money back from a company that thought 500 atoms is enough compensation for the canvas bag affair.
Oh... what a sweet and intoxicating innocence.
:popcorn:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Aaaaaand apparently too many people demanded a refund. Suddently the technical problems are totally gone now, no 2 weeks delay necessary, please forget we said anything, here's double xp for the next days!
Praised be Todd, whos divine intervention healed the code... or smth like that.

Seriously, if you were to put that kind of behavior in a movie, everyone would dismiss it as "the most unbelievable shit ever". :hahano:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was watching the presentation video for Fallout Worlds that Bethesda released 3 weeks ago on their Youtube channel, looks like it's literally just cheat codes? That's it. Just cheat codes. You can have unlimited ammo or more build space. Looks fucking extremely boring.

The best part though was when I go look at the comments and it's filled to the brim with people who are butthurt that 76 isn't a singleplayer game, and all these people are calling themselves "the real Fallout fans" when they started playing the series at 3 on their Xbox 360. Very cathartic seeing these smoothbrains trip over eachother to get upset that the newest entry wasn't made for them specifically. It's actually semi-regular that I see some disgusting redditor going on about lore in the comments section for any given Fallout video and he makes it clear he's never played 1 or 2 at all, he's just watched some youtube e-celeb sum the games up for him in an hour long video and thought that was enough to be a Certified Fallout Loremaster™.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just keep modding Fallout New Vegas and pretend that it was the last game of the series.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Fallout Worlds Update brings unique adventures in Appalachia with rotating Public Worlds and grants players the tools to build their own player-created Custom Worlds and so much more. Learn more by visiting Fallout.com/FalloutWorlds. Available now!

• Public Worlds: A rotating series of Fallout Worlds experiences hand-created by the team at Bethesda Game Studios. Available to all players, each Public World offers its own unique spin on Appalachia.

• Custom Worlds: Take the personalization of Private Servers to a whole new level, granting Fallout 1st members access to Fallout Worlds’ customizable settings to create truly unique experiences. Active Fallout 1st members can also continue playing on your created World with their friends as a shared World, even if you’re offline!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I was watching the presentation video for Fallout Worlds that Bethesda released 3 weeks ago on their Youtube channel, looks like it's literally just cheat codes? That's it. Just cheat codes. You can have unlimited ammo or more build space. Looks fucking extremely boring.
Well, during a Bethesda dev meeting it would be more like: "How can we get people to spend more benjamins in our cash shop? The only endgame this game has is people spending hours on building their camp... Yesh! We allow them to show off their mad building skillzzz by modding a whole world, making them spend a shitton of atoms on building stuff. Also only subscribers can do that, so they buy one as well. It's genius right?"

There is no subtlety or sugar coating with Bethesda. It's always just a simple in-your-face money squeezing attempt. And FO76 is just a test how much their sheeple are willing to take. :hahano:

The Plasma caster is actually a really good gun.
They even made the normal Minigun great again. #MMGA
When they introduced leg crafting I rolled few FOR SCIENCE, and got a Junkie's/FFR one. Deals ~30 dammich against lvl100 super mutants at a yuge rate if fire. I had to stop shooting at 20% HP for the wonky server to realize the enemy is already dead. :hahano:

Bloodied Plasma Caster is a goat for overland, one or two shotting almost any mob. Also extremely efficient on ammo.

Though my favorite weapon I pull for tougher things and bosses is a Gauss Minigun. I was actually lucky enough to roll 3* Gauss Minigun with both Bloodied and 25% faster fire rate, sure it's very ammo hungry, but all that's needed to restock on thousands of bullets is a Lead farm in that lovecraftian mine, once every few days, back when I was still playing.

In general Bloodied is, I think, the most fun idea for a build I've seen in a long time in a game - when you're between 10% and 20% hp, you actually for once in Bethesda games, can die, and have to pay attention to things such as incoming radiation during SBQ.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I really loved the Gauss Minigun back when I totally did not max raider reputation in a few days by exploiting Beth's lack of coding skills. A bug that STILL is in the game which automatically makes it a legit game strategy amirite?
It's an awsome gun indeed, but in the long term it just suffers from the ammo problems:
a) ridiculous heavy even with perks, especially compared to 5mm that weights almost nuzzink
b) build in tiny expensive batches, again loosing against the 5mm

You go through, like, 5k+ ammo against Queenie or Earl. Not worth spending 1 hour farming lead and steel to get that back. Or maybe grind an ops with the Gauss shotgun to farm ammo.
The fact that you do not need gunpower for it is not enough to rescue it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom