Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 6 - soap opera continues, this time in Cuba

DeepOcean

Arcane
Don't see the point of it, look like a remake of Far Cry 3, they even have a torching of a drug plantation mission.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Every Ubisoft game since Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry 3 now has to be "quirky", including Riders' Republic.

Vatnik Wumao
"The player takes the role of a local Yaran named Dani Rojas, a former soldier in the Yaran armed forces turned guerrilla soldier fighting for freedom who attempts to restore their nation to its former glory."

Meh. Thought we'd play as the antagonist's son. At least I'm assuming that they'll have 'branching' paths akin to Far Cry 4, perhaps with the protagonist mentoring the aforementioned kid to lead the country in this or that direction.

Codex Year of the Donut
takes place on the fictional Caribbean island of Yara, which is inspired by Cuba and described as "the largest Far Cry playground to date" and "a tropical paradise frozen in time". It is ruled by "El Presidente" Antón Castillo (Giancarlo Esposito), a fascist dictator
Khavari's family had experienced the Iranian Revolution in the late 1970s, eventually having fled to Canada, and using these experiences, those from Cuba, and from other research that Ubisoft had done, he wanted Far Cry 6 to have a story "about the conditions that lead to the rise of fascism in a nation, the costs of imperialism, forced labor, the need for free-and-fair elections, LGBTQ+ rights, and more."
Iranian revolution

:what:

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Performance is actually reasonable.
Raytracing options seem pointless - the performance hit is relatively small, but so is the visual difference between rt off ultra and rt on.
Enabling raytracing will also eat your vram like crazy.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
I just wanna shoot Gus Fring in the face.

The question is, is it worth paying $60 just for that?
If you really have to get it, just pay $15 for the Uplay+ subscription, shoot him in the face and be done with it. It's a game you play once and forget about it, anyway.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I can't claim to really be a fan of the Far Cry games, but they could be moderately fun when I turned my brain off for them though. I think the lack of any sort of skill tree might limit my sense of progression, however, which was the only thing that even helped keep the games kind of interesting.

ADL

Prophet
The last Far Cry game I enjoyed was Primal in survival mode and Blood Dragon. I got this for free with my 6900XT and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. Didn't enjoy FC3. The setting in FC6 is way better than the other games. Runs on my machine really well and looks fantastic. Unfortunately the combat AI is pretty shit but that doesn't really matter since I'm going full stealth and would be wiping these guys out anyways.

The gear looks pretty cool.
htUfwsY.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom