Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Favorite cRPG cover art/boxart/promo art

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know what I hate about topics like this? You always get those jokers who list like every gaddam box art known to mankind and it ruins everyone else's chance to get some grogclout. And you gotta brofit/prestigious them because they listed TRUE shit but you know they stole like 40 other peoples thunder in doing so.

Like I wanted to mention WAY more but doing so now would just be redundant and make me look like a tracer. Man, these the sorta niggas that when asked "what's your favorite ___?" they can't resist listing five things at minimum. They also pull that shit like, "oh these three choices could all be #1 depending on the day/moon cycle."

If I ever make a topic like this and some pumpkinheads try to kill it by taking all the good choices in one or two posts then I'm comin' to yo house, gettin' in the pantry, eatin' the snacks. Try me, neegee.
You got no excuse. You've got like 8 limbs and you still fell short.

To be fair, he's using 6 of them to masturbate at any given time.
That's still no excuse.

Camel

Scholar
1. Old-school.
14068_front.jpg

2. New school.
42.jpg

3. The Russians made a manly box art for Gothic Collector's Edition. I really must buy it for my collection.
10995_603b270f57732.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I didn't know I should stick to just 1. I figured the art for said developer would be obscure enough esp since they are more arcade than rpg. My bad.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
You know what I hate about topics like this? You always get those jokers who list like every gaddam box art known to mankind and it ruins everyone else's chance to get some grogclout. And you gotta brofit/prestigious them because they listed TRUE shit but you know they stole like 40 other peoples thunder in doing so.

Like I wanted to mention WAY more but doing so now would just be redundant and make me look like a tracer. Man, these the sorta niggas that when asked "what's your favorite ___?" they can't resist listing five things at minimum. They also pull that shit like, "oh these three choices could all be #1 depending on the day/moon cycle."

If I ever make a topic like this and some pumpkinheads try to kill it by taking all the good choices in one or two posts then I'm comin' to yo house, gettin' in the pantry, eatin' the snacks. Try me, neegee.
*Rolls newspaper*

Also here's another one that managed to cause some interest. I hear that game itself isn't very good.
5611-space-1889-dos-front-cover.jpg

Casual Hero

Augur
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord is still my favorite box.

3PsEj10.jpg

The faux leather texture, the embossed green dragon...

And I'll see your Ultima 7, and raise you a Wizardry 4:

308326-wizardry-the-return-of-werdna-the-fourth-scenario-apple-ii-front-cover.jpg

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll throw this one out. I thought the enemy dragon looked pretty dumb, but it was worth it for the Easter egg on the cover.
The cover features self portraits of the designers Bill and Rebecca Heineman

maxresdefault.jpg

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Now if only these games were half as good as their covers... What a waste of good art.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
3. The Russians made a manly box art for Gothic Collector's Edition. I really must buy it for my collection.
10995_603b270f57732.jpg

Didn't know they had breast implants in Khorinis? Or are those tits held up by magic?

Like you wouldn't burn a levitation scroll on that.

"Girls like you make me wish I memorized charm person. Or at least sleep..."

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Wasn't there a thread dedicated to ONLY hawt half nude adventurers? Though, I guess a lot of these women are just rewards and not adventurers.

I'll plonk down here a pair of heavyweight contenders authored by Justin Sweet. I love these promo pieces and always bemoaned there weren't any more of them. A really strong Frazetta influence, which is always appreciated.

SLGCjgG.jpg

vPndRwL.jpg
The loading screens arts for the first two Fallouts are amazing! Sad that the cover arts for every entry are just so meh, with a picture of someone using the coolest armor in each game.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
10995_603b270f57732.jpg

Didn't know they had breast implants in Khorinis? Or are those tits held up by magic?

Like you wouldn't burn a levitation scroll on that.

"Girls like you make me wish I memorized charm person. Or at least sleep..."
Permanency (Alteration)
Range: Special
Components: V, S
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 2 rounds
Area of Effect : Special
Saving Throw: None
This spell affects the duration of certain other spells, making the duration permanent.
The DM may allow other selected spells to be made permanent.

8th-level spell, though. :M

lecrop

Educated
I'll plonk down here a pair of heavyweight contenders authored by Justin Sweet. I love these promo pieces and always bemoaned there weren't any more of them. A really strong Frazetta influence, which is always appreciated.

SLGCjgG.jpg

vPndRwL.jpg
The loading screens arts for the first two Fallouts are amazing! Sad that the cover arts for every entry are just so meh, with a picture of someone using the coolest armor in each game.
I see here a Frazetta + Corben influence

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom