Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final exodus of BioWare leadership - Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah resign

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Feels like Bioware had a hardcore fan base of morons who would still be consuming the same basic D&D combat with shallow but satisfying C&C and the same five or so archetypes recycled over and over- { Sexy girl who is initially cold but you win over, Army war guy, Best friend bud, Loyal robot/golem, weird foreigner guy who you prove the moral superiority of your culture to }.

I would have happily have been one of those morons.

Instead they had to go audience chasing and completely shit the bed.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Man, the comments to his post are fucking harsh. What did this guy do?

I don't think the commentors are angry because he supports Depp, he did something bad (?) regarding Dragon Age, it looks like.

Edit: Oh man, he's livestreaming something now, this oughta be good! /GrabsPopcorn

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Not sure how you can find his video funny. He is insanely intelligent well spoken and knows exactly what he is talking about from experience.

Creating that style of Video he obviously has tremendous pride in what he has done from that character.

He speaks the Truth, the war on Males in the Entertainment industry. You see it in Films, in Series on Netflix, and you see it in Games.

I has to go, it's filth and is called Psychological Warfare by the Pilgrim Society. Same as all the other silly Ism's that brain wash someone into believing such drivel.

Time to join his Crusade. All males in the business should join.

Narax

Educated
dude made some weird livestream in character :lol:

The comment section is hilarious, it attracted all the self-hating trannies, and their reaction is as expected, “you are not my husbandu! You aren’t the real Cullen!”. Their penises are confused it seems, they love Cullen, but hate Greg the “nazi”.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
One thing is for sure The Next Dragon Age is Doomed!

One may read ones Twitter Account and their posts that go with it. It's profile of that persons personality(NSA and CIA loves those)

And reading the Devs behind development of Dragon Age 4 shows real problem. Total complete leftist attitude which most likely will be included into the game in some way. Try as you might some of you comes out in your creations.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Feels like Bioware had a hardcore fan base of morons who would still be consuming the same basic D&D combat with shallow but satisfying C&C and the same five or so archetypes recycled over and over- { Sexy girl who is initially cold but you win over, Army war guy, Best friend bud, Loyal robot/golem, weird foreigner guy who you prove the moral superiority of your culture to }.

I would have happily have been one of those morons.

Instead they had to go audience chasing and completely shit the bed.

Tell me more about these archetypes... they're actually really good

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Not sure how you can find his video funny. He is insanely intelligent well spoken and knows exactly what he is talking about from experience.

Creating that style of Video he obviously has tremendous pride in what he has done from that character.

He speaks the Truth, the war on Males in the Entertainment industry. You see it in Films, in Series on Netflix, and you see it in Games.

I has to go, it's filth and is called Psychological Warfare by the Pilgrim Society. Same as all the other silly Ism's that brain wash someone into believing such drivel.

Time to join his Crusade. All males in the business should join.

Greg Ellis has joined the chat

You should meet Sailor Woedica, the two of you have a lot in common!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The last good CRPG by Bioware is DAO, including the expansion.

Mass Effect 2 while fucking the world building is also in general a fun game and very well received. Anything after that was steady decline with a nosedive with MEA and Anthem.

At this point these guys leaving might be an improvement or at least a mercy kills

JDR13

Arcane
e7fd26ac138df62b97c0a0becd98febb.jpg

I've got 10 bucks on Ellis....

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex should report on the Cullen VA announcement. No one in the mainstream will do so, for fear of getting blacklisted by EA :lol:

Flou

Arbiter
Wasn't Casey Hudson a big part of the decline that happened at BioWare? The studio didn't do anything decent once they promoted him to Studio General Manager and now he bails before what ever they started during his tenure gets released? Sounds to me like things didn't go very well at BioWare. The fact that Darrah is leaving at the same time, sounds like someone is cleaning up shop at BioWare and getting rid of the bad apples or both are in a disagreement with EA on what BioWare should be like. And Darrah gave us Anthem.

Won't miss either of these knuckleheads. At least there's now some little trickle of hope left that BioWare might actually get better.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wow, so sad that things are rough at Bioware right now...
I hope it gets worse

Just in case twitts gets removed, which is not rare
ud21bkvyoe7ablpp1lo1.jpg

kzy1ybhyjamkbxtpfxnz.jpg

Ellis, notable for his portrayal of Anders and Cullen, has fallen out of favor with some fans for his support of U.S. President Donald Trump and “out-of-the-box thinkers” like “Blexit” organizer and right-wing puppet , Candance Owens. Some of his other inspirations include noted bigot Jordan Peterson and Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA fame
https://kotaku.com/dragon-age-voice-actor-potentially-out-after-twitter-at-1845811800/
Never change Kotaku...

Good thing to know they let totally sane, totally not racist people like Manveer Heir and his "White Tears" mug and his bragging about it on Twitter work there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom