Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy XIII

Perkel

Arcane
heh really 720p. At least it is 60FPS

Also game seems to be DX9 so Durante is working currently on this problem. Main problem though is that game doesn't support even upscaling to 1080p (like in Dark Souls1 case).

Perkel

Arcane
Is that the PS3/360 resolution? I was wondering if they would re-render all the non-in-game cinematics for larger screens. I'm guessing the transition from a 1080p@60Hz render to a 720p@30Hz cinematic would be rather jarring, especially if you consider how smooth these transitions often are in FF games.

It is PS3 resolution. X360 run below that. That is actually good point. Still there is absolutely no reason they shouldn't add it as option. I think it really depends now on Durante or if game sells well on PC on SE to patch support for better res which should be trivial for someone dealing actually with games code.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Main problem though is that game doesn't support even upscaling to 1080p (like in Dark Souls1 case).
As in, it doesn't stretch? It's probably something that can be solved with the graphics card utilities.
Urg... bought my copy on Nuuvem, huehue, and they're having some issues generating keys. Joke's on me for trying to save a few Euro.

Deleted member 7219

It's a 50GB download. Thankfully I have a secondary HDD (my main is a SSD) that I can put it on.

Downloading now... will take 8 hours. I wish I had fiber optic.

perkel said:
heh really 720p. At least it is 60FPS

Also game seems to be DX9 so Durante is working currently on this problem. Main problem though is that game doesn't support even upscaling to 1080p (like in Dark Souls1 case).

What the actual fuck? Seriously? Why can't it just scale at the chosen res in settings?

GrainWetski

Arcane
It was only a matter of time before someone took the crown of 'worst port since Saint's Row 2' from Dark Souls.

Good job, Square Enix, you deserve it!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So I gather complains from forums:

- resolution locked in 1280x720, and it stretches if your monitor have different aspect ratio. :lol:
- no video options. :lol:
- cutscene videos have bad bit rate than PS3 version. :lol:
- frame drops here and there. :lol:
- (in fullscreen mode) press Esc shutdown the game instantly. :lol:

Yeah, as exprected, I should buy this when it's 75%+ off or via inevitable Humble Final Fantasy Bundle.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
At least it's possible to finish the game. Which is FAR better than what some other companies are releasing now.

Perkel

Arcane
So I gather complains from forums:

- resolution locked in 1280x720, and it stretches if your monitor have different aspect ratio. :lol:
- no video options. :lol:
- cutscene videos have bad bit rate than PS3 version. :lol:
- frame drops here and there. :lol:
- (in fullscreen mode) press Esc shutdown the game instantly. :lol:

Yeah, as exprected, I should buy this when it's 75%+ off or via inevitable Humble Final Fantasy Bundle.

-yes but durante works on this
-yes but you can deal with a lot of those via foricing AA+AF+triplebuff via software
-yes I guess they didn't want people download 80GB as PS3 version is 40GB instead of 30 GB for PC or 20GB for X360.
-Due to shitty people hardware. 30-60fps in Vsynced game means your hardware doesn't run past 60 and drops to below 60 forcing game to switch to 30 fps mode. Tripple buffering deals with that.
- That is hilarious.

Poor fucking PC port.

Still 60FPS and jap audio is making this version best one even with little downgraded cut-scenes.

edit:

also Sqeeeeenix dev says passed info about lack of 1080p to folks who deal with res soo maybe it is not the end.
I said it earlier but changing FPS for console ports is usually problem as they have connected for example physic update to FPS requiring major rework of engine where resolution most of the time is usually just a checkbox in dev tools ready to be cooked.

I am guessing that console had proper engine support for 60FPS from start as all menus ran at that framerate and they simply enabled it for gameplay

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

What's this about bad bit rate?

The res issue can be fixed but the cutscenes not being as good as PS3? What the fuck?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I kinda wonder if future patches will not force steam to redownload everything...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

The res issue can be fixed but the cutscenes not being as good as PS3? What the fuck?
Lots of graphic whores crying foul. I looked at comparisons and personally see no difference. Must be my eyes.

Perkel

Arcane
Good news. Durante already has it at 3200x1800 though he fights with bugs (for now it is just framedump)

Yeah they are worse than PS3. They are not X360 quality but they are notch worse than PS3 due to lower bitrate.

durante 3200x1800 gramedump:
dump067_framedump_posr1oua.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

Lots of graphic whores crying foul. I looked at comparisons and personally see no difference. Must be my eyes.

First crushed blacks then worse bitrate and thus quality. People bitch about it because FFXIII cutscenes in PS3 version are really razorsharp and people expected same thing for PC version.

Perkel

Arcane
Durante on why he is so awesome:

"I'm not doing this for Square Enix or other people. I'm doing it because I think Sunleth Waterscape is beautiful and I want to take an 8k screenshot of it."

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
14 hours, and tomorow I should go to get a new HD that I ordered 2 days ago.

Perkel

Arcane
I think because they did that port for their streaming service in japan. Streaming services are shit and don't require 1080p games so no work on resolution.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I wonder how would resolution switching work with cutscenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom