Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not hyped, but I'm not here to troll. I just want to say that I am not 100% doom and gloom, considering the team behind it, but it's nowhere near a day 1 purchase.

Tigranes

Arcane
For once in like a decade, a non-gameplay trailer I actually didn't mind watching. Nobody the fuck knows "what is FF" of course but I got some nice FF6-9 style vibes here, of course infused with the latter day boy-band characters.

As for gameplay, well.... who knows. I guess at least we have tons of other turn-based RPGs out there now.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Charachter Bios

Fjg7MjhXkAA3xci

Fjg6uMSXwAAgwoz

FjjLlCKXgAMo6pT

Fjg29u4XkAMQWSB

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
Wait a minute...

Am I... Excited? For a Final Fantasy game?

That's weird, I don't think that's happened since the lead up to XII, and that was over a decade ago.

sorcerian

Novice
Torgal was the name of that four armed cat-dog guy in Last Remnant. Are any of the major people who worked on that also working on Final Fantasy XVI?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Torgal was the name of that four armed cat-dog guy in Last Remnant. Are any of the major people who worked on that also working on Final Fantasy XVI?
Same Director, Hiroshi Takai
The game's creative director / lead writer Kazutoyo Maehiro also worked on Last Remnant as one of the Lead Planners.

Regarding further overlap we don't know yet.

Edit: Maehiro was responsible for Last Remnant's battle system. Very different role here of course.

I am puzzled why Square waited TWO YEARS to show that the game wasn't just going to be you by yourself, but there would be a party of characters you would get to fight alongside with.

Really not keen on the generic orchestra/choral music.

The first trailer two years ago showed you at a campfire with three other people.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So, yeah. Combat is pretty much action Devil May Cry Final Fantasy with a focus on ability (and item) loadout.

I expected that part (and can live with it if its fun), main thing that worries me about how SkillUp said that it felt a bit too easy. Of course its a press demo, but yeah not a positive either.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Also holy shit, Yoshi-P went on a rage because he doesn't like the term jrpg. Dude has some insecurities. :lol:

Prime flip-flop material on opinions in the future

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Hope there's an HUD option to turn off those jarring damage values and combo reports

Yoshi-P went on a rage because he doesn't like the term jrpg.
Link?
End of SkillUp video around 28 minute.

No idea what he's talking about (especially since he thinks the term jrpg was invented in 2008) but its kind of a hilarious case of butthurt. Dude seems to be swayed on high level decisions by opinions of *expections* rather than actual game design convictions.

That's why I said prime flip-flopper becasue that sounds like it could change at any minute. Don't even mind that too much.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't dare to dream.

DUNGEON: ROYAL WALOEDER ARMY KEEP

BATTLE WITH SUPARNA AND CHIRADA

BATTLE WITH BENEDIKTA

EIKON BATTLE WITH GARUDA

TIMELY SUPPORT ACCESSORIES

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom