Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM Firaxis - XCOM: Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within Expansion

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even playing decade old games I can't escape these retards and their inane irrationality.
Ah, 10 years ago when games didn't have xir options and it was just men and women. The good old days.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
They also changed the armour in Enemy Within to make the female soldiers all flat chested. This was around Feminist Frequency's peak. Firaxis / 2k being woke isn't anything new.
it was more realism than woke
And yet they increased ratios to 50% female despite his own admission that it goes against actual combat ratios in the military, in a game with aliens and power armour.
"Muh reelizm" is an argument wokists use to get rid of things they don't like, while turning a blind eye or even adding things that certainly aren't realistic.
You know, like bitching about bikini mail, yet adding combat wheelchairs, despite such garb being a clear reference to pulp fantasy novels and an indicator of the barbarian mindset.

geno

Savant
You are assuming that they didn't use the same armour because it was cheaper than make two models of each armour.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They also changed the armour in Enemy Within to make the female soldiers all flat chested. This was around Feminist Frequency's peak. Firaxis / 2k being woke isn't anything new.
it was more realism than woke
And yet they increased ratios to 50% female despite his own admission that it goes against actual combat ratios in the military, in a game with aliens and power armour.
"Muh reelizm" is an argument wokists use to get rid of things they don't like, while turning a blind eye or even adding things that certainly aren't realistic.
You know, like bitching about bikini mail, yet adding combat wheelchairs, despite such garb being a clear reference to pulp fantasy novels and an indicator of the barbarian mindset.
It's not combat personnel. A lot of the military are then handling logistics or administrative tasks rather than combat roles. I was in a tank regiment ages ago, and there were a few women there (more like 1%), including an officer, and none were in a tank crew (but in supply, accounting, ...).

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Thankfully theres a minimod to fix the gender ratios. Still retarded that I had to do this, you had it right in the original release Solomon you pathetic faggot.
We are pretending that 25% of special forces soldiers are women?

dextermorgan

Arcane
But what if - in the grimdark future of the XCOM universe - the women found themselves having to pick up the slack because all of the men were too busy whining heroically waging culture wars on internet forums?

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
given a good chunk became meld, others died fighting on the wastelands and the rest are scattered all over not counting the indoctrinate ones in the alien cities. It's plausible.

exe

Augur
Does Long War just make the game longer and slower? I thought Enemy within was already a bit too long with the mandatory Firestorm research +14 days build time, then waiting for the Ufo, then another 14 days for the stupid chamber. Dangling the ending right infront of your nose and then you have to wait atleast a month doing nothing, very tedious.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does Long War just make the game longer and slower? I thought Enemy within was already a bit too long with the mandatory Firestorm research +14 days build time, then waiting for the Ufo, then another 14 days for the stupid chamber. Dangling the ending right infront of your nose and then you have to wait atleast a month doing nothing, very tedious.
If you think vanilla is tedious then Long War is absolutely not for you.

GreyViper

Prophet
Yeah, it prolongs it by a lot, way too long for my taste. In that regard, I think vanilla has the optimal length not too short not too long.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

There's an option for a not-so-long-war, which is probably the sweet spot - you get all the nice toys and features, without dragging it on for too long.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, it prolongs it by a lot, way too long for my taste. In that regard, I think vanilla has the optimal length not too short not too long.
Long War Rebalanced mod for Long War has option "Not so long Long War" or something like that. That is still longer than vanilla but not as long.

mastroego

Arcane
Long War Rebalanced mod for Long War has option "Not so long Long War" or something like that. That is still longer than vanilla but not as long.
Recent versions of Long War Rebalanced have a default length that's halved compared to the original Long War's.
Then there's the option to further shorten it.

Honestly, there is no reason to play the original Long War mod at this point.
Long War Rebalance is vastly superior basically in every aspect.
Only problem is that it's beeing updated too often still.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Recent versions of Long War Rebalanced have a default length that's halved compared to the original Long War's.
Then there's the option to further shorten it.

Honestly, there is no reason to play the original Long War mod at this point.
Long War Rebalance is vastly superior basically in every aspect.
Only problem is that it's beeing updated too often still.
Crazy guy is still updating it?! I put it on hold when Phoenix Point came out and didn't go back yet. But I am always thinking about checking out if final version is out to go and try that one..

mastroego

Arcane
still going on at the usual pace

now and then a completely new feature gets added too, like recently airstrikes

long war gives you several absolutely necessary additions, both in systems and just equipment. the problem is that it adds double the variety and makes you suffer it through ten times the missions. it improves the game and then kicks you in the nuts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom