Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forspoken - action-RPG from Square Enix with cringe protagonist

Joyvankek

Learned
wow so many bigots in this thread... surprise surprise
qtk4io.jpg

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Further info (a bit dated)

Hi-Fi Rush appears to have outsold Forspoken on PC (That rythm game that had no promotion and was announced on that Xbox/Bethesda showcase and sold that same day)

At the time of this writing, Hi-Fi Rush, which was released on January 25, is the sixth best-selling game on Steam by revenue, under only giants like Hogwarts Legacy presales, the just-released Dead Space remake, CSGO and Destiny 2.

Forspoken, meanwhile, which was released on January 24, is the 58th best-selling game on Steam, priced at $70. That is…quite the difference.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ut-earned-forspokens-launch-week-sales-on-pc/

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How many diversity hires can you even hire in Japan
Where did all that money go

Joyvankek

Learned
How many diversity hires can you even hire in Japan
Where did all that money go
Hookers and coke?
Pre-paid "business" trip to some hot islands for the management?
It sure as hell didn't go into the production of this garbage, that's for sure.

Frozen

Arcane
I watched some ~50 min. condensed playthrough of this 7h long game and spoiler alert (like anyone cares)

So, the big dragon is the mom magic priestess/queen of the chosen one nigga girl character. Because mom is white, I assume dad is black. At the end he is mentioned just in passing like his name was Bob or something lel
Also, if I understood correctly, omg big plot twist at the end is that her magic armband is the main bad guy, a demon or some shit. But isn't he the one that transported her to magic world in the first place?
Why? Is it explained like she is needed to destroy the world or some shit? Because her mom dumped her in NY as a baby, not even sending her to her dad and evil demon armband thingy returned her to magic place world.

Besies that stupid generic game that looks average at best with boring combat and typical woke tropes. Main character is Karen like Galadriel and you hope she dies by the end.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't seen Yahtzee tear into a game like this in a very very very long time. This game might take the crown for the shittiest AAA title of the year.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I haven't seen Yahtzee tear into a game like this in a very very very long time. This game might take the crown for the shittiest AAA title of the year.

You'd think this is exactly what journalists wanted. It has all the hallmarks of modern game design.

For all the failure that this game is I like how it still proves that even the most head up their ass dev would not dare make the main character the usual ugly ghetto black girl you see as side characters. They know that'd offput everyone even more. She's at least reasonably cute and her dialog is merely zoomer babbling rather than nigger gibberish.

What's the difference?
Zoomer speak is pretty easy to understand once you know the lingo, it's basically just the equivalent of if you started to use words like "lmao" IRL. It's tedious but the kid just needs to be smacked and told to not speak like a retard among real people. Most of them can do it.

Nigger speak is just fucked beyond belief with no consistent grammar and constant mumbling and slurring of words to the point where you have to run the sentences through your head 4-5 times to figure out what's being said. It's a terminal disease that a speaker will never grow out of.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
What's the difference?
Zoomer speak is pretty easy to understand once you know the lingo, it's basically just the equivalent of if you started to use words like "lmao" IRL. It's tedious but the kid just needs to be smacked and told to not speak like a retard among real people. Most of them can do it.

Nigger speak is just fucked beyond belief with no consistent grammar and constant mumbling and slurring of words to the point where you have to run the sentences through your head 4-5 times to figure out what's being said. It's a terminal disease that a speaker will never grow out of.
I've had the thought that niggers say "naamsayin" so much because niggerbabble doesn't have much of a range of expression, so when you try to say anything more complex than "muh dik", you can never be sure if you're being clear.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
What's the difference?

I've had the thought that niggers say "naamsayin" so much because niggerbabble doesn't have much of a range of expression, so when you try to say anything more complex than "muh dik", you can never be sure if you're being clear.
It's highly expressive. It's just hard to understand. Know what I'm saying?

Vlajdermen

Arcane
What's the difference?

It's highly expressive. It's just hard to understand. Know what I'm saying?
I meant "range of expression" in the sense of ideas, not emotions.

A lot of jp gamers think Japan makes shit games and that western games are better, actually. It's part of that weird defeatist spirit you see in countries that are also islands, and one of the many aspects of the Island Syndrome. Bear in mind that they might seem extremely patriotic in the outside, but when nobody's looking, they fall into this odd depression about their own country.
See also: the UK

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
A lot of jp gamers think Japan makes shit games and that western games are better, actually. It's part of that weird defeatist spirit you see in countries that are also islands, and one of the many aspects of the Island Syndrome. Bear in mind that they might seem extremely patriotic in the outside, but when nobody's looking, they fall into this odd depression about their own country.
See also: the UK
Nothing weird about the defeatist spirit. One is a nuclear pedo island, the other is a nation of island Jews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom