Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
3D animator:

(Also if this means anything, Paradox Chief Product Officer and Product Manager (who mostly works on games by external developers like Tyranny, PoE, and recently Empire of Sin) are following Digimancy and George's twitter accounts.)

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

RPG-strategy hybrid.

George once mentioned in an interview that he want to do a Fallout-King of Dragon Pass hybrid... Could it be?:d1p:

0ESf4vT.jpg

So if I could design another Fallout game… I might not design a traditional RPG at all. Instead, think of a strategy-RPG hybrid like King of Dragon Pass – set in the Fallout universe. You’re placed in the role of the tribe’s leaders, responsible for establishing a home base, keeping your people safe and fed, exploring the surrounding wasteland, and managing relations with other tribes and factions.

You’d mold the future of your tribe by plundering knowledge from Vaults and ruins and deciding whether to utilize that knowledge/technology or keep it hidden from your people. Revealing old world secrets would always have consequences, both positive (e.g., economic or military benefits) and negative (e.g., jealousy or fear from your neighbors). Unearthing stories from the old world might unlock opportunities to change the organization and personality of your tribe - think of how old-world stories opened possibilities for Caesar or the Three Families. You’d also choose how to feed and supply your people - by looting ruins, raiding other tribes, or trying to rediscover secrets of agriculture and animal husbandry from the Vaults. Ultimately, you’d have to decide how to survive in the face of external threats. Would you build a slave empire like Caesar, establish a democratic federation of tribes, or just turn to cannibalism and prey on your neighbors? It may or may not have mass market appeal… but I’d play that game.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Please don't,that is the place where good old IPs go to die slow death. Every game they put out is a mediocre copy of earlier ones.

Well I don't mind George taking on one of the settings in WoD.
Muh bunch of vampires fighting a terf war over gay bars is not something that i look forward too. I would rather see some dark shit,similar to underrail......maybe a dark eye game. Original setting will also be fine if is well done.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
3D animator:

(Also if this means anything, Paradox Chief Product Officer and Product Manager (who mostly works on games by external developers like Tyranny, PoE, and recently Empire of Sin) are following Digimancy and George's twitter accounts.)

That is sad,paradox are the worst guys when it comes to marketing. They try to do all those hip shit that nobody cares about like twitch streams and larping. Also just look at their shit with the nu bloodlines,they really fucked up the timing of all the marketing and the reveal. By now all the hype that people had for bloodlines 2 have been lost,many people had just forgotten that exist. They should have done it one or two months before release.

George once mentioned in an interview that he want to do a Fallout-King of Dragon Pass hybrid... Could it be?

That was my first thought as well; Fargo and Zenimax should both be thrown in the stocks for not immediately greenlighting that project with Wasteland/Fallout respectively when he was working for them.

Also, MRY any chance of a confirm/deny on whether you've had any contact with George regarding some freelance narrative design?

Don't let it be a post-apocalyptic game. Please.
Honest question: Why? I'm not a huge fan of PA, and I would generally agree that the genre has been overplayed in the last decade (still better than zombiepocalypse though), but a PA KoDP clone would be a fresh style for the setting, and PA is particularly well-suited to faction based narratives/systems.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Honest question: Why? I'm not a huge fan of PA, and I would generally agree that the genre has been overplayed in the last decade (still better than zombiepocalypse though), but a PA KoDP clone would be a fresh style for the setting, and PA is particularly well-suited to faction based narratives/systems.
Weren't we talking about Ravenloft a few pages ago? We desperately need more horror RPGs, dammit.

Weren't we talking about Ravenloft a few pages ago? We desperately need more horror RPGs, dammit.

Okay well yes. I would also love a Ravenloft game, and George can only make one game at a time, but still. I doubt a KoDP/FO mash-up would be "just another" PA game.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Also, MRY any chance of a confirm/deny on whether you've had any contact with George regarding some freelance narrative design?
Early on, I had casual discussions with the Digimancy team in this regard, but I couldn't help them (as much as I would love to), given the demands that my day job, my family, and my own games already place on my time. When I signed up for TTON, I naively believed that it would not significantly impinge on Fallen Gods, but it basically derailed it entirely for the better part of a year. I'm glad I did it, but I can't really afford to do it again. I need to finish Strangeland and Fallen Gods before they finish me. Finally, it's not humility for me to say that George and his team far outstrip me in talent, time, and energy. Whatever marginal contributions I could make would not affect the overall quality of their game. And, far from humility, my vanity is such that as my game development time shrinks, I would rather put it into a project that will reflect my work. One can pour wine or vinegar into the sea, and no praise or criticism will come of it. I'll admire Digimancy's mighty ocean and content myself with my little puddle. :)

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I doubt a KoDP/FO mash-up would be "just another" PA game.
Just another Dead State.
:hmmm:

You've either never played KoDP or you've never played Dead State.
Played both, but never got far with Dead State. I was really excited for it but it never grabbed me, unlike KoDP.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but while the games are different, they're still both about managing a community and facing challenges and events as they happen, with some input from members of that community. Sure, KoDP has no TB combat gameplay, but if it's hybridized with FO, what do you think would happen?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, KoDP has no TB combat gameplay, but if it's hybridized with FO, what do you think would happen?
I can finally see the horsefags, trolls, elves, basmolli beastmen and the occasional duck die in a bloody mess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also people don't get your hopes too high. Not a single old school star dev has managed to deliver a good game! Just look at all the inxile trash,boyardsky's outer farts,mitsoda's bloodlines 2 etc etc :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom