Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

eXalted

Arcane
A question out of curiosity.

To go to VersaLife Level 2 you need to go to the Canal Road Tunnel where you lockpick a trapdoor and jump from a great height straight into a pool of water downstairs. As I see that this game always provide plan B for the player if he doesn't have the needed tools/skills, what other ways are out there if don't have lockpick tools?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
A question out of curiosity.

To go to VersaLife Level 2 you need to go to the Canal Road Tunnel where you lockpick a trapdoor and jump from a great height straight into a pool of water downstairs. As I see that this game always provide plan B for the player if he doesn't have the needed tools/skills, what other ways are out there if don't have lockpick tools?
The grate can be simply blown up or destroyed by other means.

Ash

Arcane
Going through versalife the official way is more fun. There's a giant spiderbot and a bunch of commandos to fight/sneak past.

eXalted

Arcane
Going through versalife the official way is more fun. There's a giant spiderbot and a bunch of commandos to fight/sneak past.
You are not talking about the "Retrieve the sword ROM-encoding" mission right?

For the VersaLife Level 2 I don't even know that there is an official way. Tong tells only about the canal, what is the other way?

And are these buttons supposed to be here?
3Vy7NNP.jpg

Ash

Arcane
What Black said. Go via the elevator next to the market by using the employee code.

Buttons sometimes glitch out. Anything with collision enabled that is attached to a interpolating mover. Maybe disabling collision while interpolating will hack-fix it.

Turrul

Augur
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Tong tells only about the canal, what is the other way?
The front door, the way you used to get into Versalife in the first place.
But can you go all the way down the first time, when you are sent to get the sword files? I never tried, only got as far as where you can overhear Bob Page and Maggie Chow talking and turned back.

Because at that point Daedelus already sends you a mail asking to destroy the UC.

eXalted

Arcane
^That's exactly what I was thinking. Is there a way to the lower level when you are sent to retrieve the ROM for the sword?

HansDampf

Arcane
Yes, there is a way to Level 2, and the door will open if you enter the right code at your first visit. Speedrunners do it that way.

Ash

Arcane
There's not a legit way, and entering the code if you do know it from memory/looking it up is essentially cheating, breaking the plot and spoiling the fun.

Why remove a gun from the game?

The art style is inconsistent with the other weapons and the reload anim is janky. Deus Ex deserves perfection. However I will upload it as an optional download on moddb for those that want it.

Ash

Arcane
It was scrapped but I accidentally left the relevant information in its description. Resolved in v9.0.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Oh. Shame. I guess it's less mediocre now since you can carry more than one, but still its main use is letting pistol users break some doors.

Ash

Arcane
Eh, in v8.0 it's an insta-gib on standard enemies. Plasma gibbing is another thing that's been scrapped in 9.0 though, because ideally plasma melts people, but that would take a hell of a lot of art work to pull off realistically for such a small thing.

Dev_Anj

Learned

Eh, to me going in the front door after you've got the ROM encoding just feels absurd, especially because you're just stepping back into hostile territory for no reason other than that you don't have a tool to open/blow up a simple grate. From the positioning of those enemies in UnrealED, I can also say that they're not really designed to sneak past but only for a player willing to fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom