Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Sounds like you're good to go.

The shortcut swaps the .int files out and uses the correct "data directories" so that players don't have to. I didn't program it, but I wanted to prioritize easy installation above all and that was the conclusion we came to. Only for steam users it isn't quite accessible as they have to copy the params, but oh well.

eXalted

Arcane
THIS item is interactable!

THIS item can be taken!

THIS item is destructible!

THIS item is hidden over here!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
2016_09_07_9_49_48.jpg

eXalted

Arcane
I don't know if it's vanilla or GMDX AI issue, but on the mission with Paul in the hotel I had to clean all the enemies because he just stood next to the chair and didn't move an inch. Managed to save him anyway, cleaned the hotel and died horribly running for the underground station. By died horribly I mean teleported to the M12 cell.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Everytime game loads a zone my custom hud theme resets to default gmdx red and grey one until I open a hud screen. Minor but I wonder if I did something wrong.

This thread made me reinstall Deus Ex after fuck knows how many years (couldn't wait for 9.0 version so I just used the current one). The game is still a blast, as good as I remember it. And then I remember that I first played a demo of this game what, 16 years ago? And with a shock I realise that after all this time this game is still the best damn FPS-RPG hybrid there is (well, that and that I'm fucking old now). And that's sad.

I only just started the game, but here's a couple of things I noticed about the gameplay (played on realistic). Melee weapons are really strong I guess? All it takes is one or two swings from my trusty baton and even alert NSF enemies go down like a cheap ho, without any training or augs. Though it's true that JC has the same (lack of) durability. Also, AI peripheral vision could use a slight upgrade, at least when moving up on them from their side. It's still too easy to sneak around them while they are completely oblivious. Tech goggles are god damn useless, thought I could use one to see where I'm going in a dark vent shaft, but all they did was made what little light there was green.

That's all I could remember. I really like the slight changes to the world that make me look around instead of knowing perfectly where everything is (even after all this time). I do think characters could do with more visual upgrades, but nice work overall.

Black

Arcane
To me it seemed like hacking was the must-have skill, since now you need certain levels to even attempt a hack.
Also, I don't know if 2 aug upgrades for the UI thing (shows how hidden you are and environmental hazards) is justifiable.

Latelistener

Arcane
I think characters could do with more visual upgrades, but nice work overall.
HDTP has new models, but they are kinda horrible. I don't know of anything else.
I assume people have no time for this, they are spending it on creating new sets of butts, boobs and anime shit for Zenithesda games.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't know if it's vanilla or GMDX AI issue, but on the mission with Paul in the hotel I had to clean all the enemies because he just stood next to the chair and didn't move an inch. Managed to save him anyway, cleaned the hotel and died horribly running for the underground station. By died horribly I mean teleported to the M12 cell.
btw I think that's intentional to simulate the killswitch. I mean if he could fight he could climb just fine.

---

Arcane
Melee weapons are really strong I guess? All it takes is one or two swings from my trusty baton and even alert NSF enemies go down like a cheap ho, without any training or augs.
IIRC, also in vanilla the baton is really strong.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This thread made me reinstall Deus Ex after fuck knows how many years (couldn't wait for 9.0 version so I just used the current one). The game is still a blast, as good as I remember it. And then I remember that I first played a demo of this game what, 16 years ago? And with a shock I realise that after all this time this game is still the best damn FPS-RPG hybrid there is (well, that and that I'm fucking old now). And that's sad.

I only just started the game, but here's a couple of things I noticed about the gameplay (played on realistic). Melee weapons are really strong I guess? All it takes is one or two swings from my trusty baton and even alert NSF enemies go down like a cheap ho, without any training or augs. Though it's true that JC has the same (lack of) durability. Also, AI peripheral vision could use a slight upgrade, at least when moving up on them from their side. It's still too easy to sneak around them while they are completely oblivious. Tech goggles are god damn useless, thought I could use one to see where I'm going in a dark vent shaft, but all they did was made what little light there was green.

That's all I could remember. I really like the slight changes to the world that make me look around instead of knowing perfectly where everything is (even after all this time). I do think characters could do with more visual upgrades, but nice work overall.

I'm pretty sure Ash said something about headshot multipliers for melee weapons being quite high.

If I remember correctly, you need two crowbar hits to the head on an alert NSF guy to kill him and one with either trained or advanced low-tech weaponry, not too sure which one I'm currently rocking.

Ash

Arcane
Melee weapons were buffed a bit too much. Nerfed in 9.0.

To me it seemed like hacking was the must-have skill, since now you need certain levels to even attempt a hack.

There is no must-have skill. It depends on your playstyle. If you are a non-lethal sneaker then it's extremely useful. Otherwise you can take it or leave it.

Excidium II said:
Everytime game loads a zone my custom hud theme resets to default gmdx red and grey one until I open a hud screen. Minor but I wonder if I did something wrong.

Is the "customHud" and "customMenu" set as your HUD/Menu theme via the "color" settings menu, and did you save your theme by clicking the "save" button when you were done creating it?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I have a partial game in v.7 How busted would my game be if I upgraded to 8 and continued? Alternatively, do you have a v8 changelog to see what I would be missing? I can't seem to find one.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well I hope the melee nerfs don't affect the baton's knockout, I'm glad it works consistently unlike vanilla.

Excidium II said:

Is the "customHud" and "customMenu" set as your HUD/Menu theme via the "color" settings menu, and did you save your theme by clicking the "save" button when you were done creating it?
I don't think it would stick if I didn't. But I went back and clicked all buttons again just to be sure, maybe something got borked.

There is no must-have skill. It depends on your playstyle. If you are a non-lethal sneaker then it's extremely useful. Otherwise you can take it or leave it.
And if you like reading people's e-mails. :M

Also there's the virus that lets you ignore the skill requirement. It's fairly rare but you can save it for when it's really needed.

eXalted

Arcane
Talking about melee, I am currently getting the Dragon Tooth sword.

Paper Lantern? Paper Lantern?!

It took me I don't how much time until I gave up and looked it up. Is there a hint somewhere that tells you about the secret room behind the lantern? Or is there another way to the lab?

:butthurt:

Oh, and I guess these guys are now immune to gas?

16.jpg

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
MJ12 Elite troops have full face masks, with visors and everything. Yes they're immune to gas, unless you get the master level perk which makes a gas grenade instantly and non-lethally knock them out with a concussive blast. Otherwise you should save gas grenades for standard troops.

As for Chow's secret back room, there's four different paths into that area, almost all with multiple ways to bypass the challenges presented in each path. They are well hidden though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There's an e-mail on a computer in the secret MJ12 base that tells about their gear giving immunity to gas among other things so that's p. cool.

Ash

Arcane

Still not enough for something that is consistently called the "definitive Deus Ex experience", and is one of the greatest games of all time on some pretty powerful design-enhancing steroids. But hey, the mod just hit 10,000 downloads so I think I'll have a celebratory beer in the name of incline and get back to coding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom