Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
:salute:

DSoG are incline-enablers.

DavetheGrave

Literate
I was wondering, Ash, will you do anything about the bot on the dock portion of Liberty Island? Paul tells you to stick with the prod, yet he lets a mech shred a wandering terrorist even though he is supposed to be allied with them. The original game had this problem as well were you would have piles of corpses on the entrance to the docks.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't the bot referred to in the dialogue? Would be wrong to take it away if it is.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah. Can't do anything about it unfortunately. Not if I want to be faithful.

Well, I did do something that's already present in v8.0, but it's minor. The NSF in that area don't begin patrolling until the player leaves the dock, so you don't get swarmed immediately and a pileup is less likely to happen, but there's nothing stopping the player from leading all the NSF back to Paul and the bot for a massacre if they want to.

At best I could make it a "no go zone" of sorts, so that NSF don't follow you onto the dock. It would represent human intelligence since there is a bot there after all.

Maybe.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At best I could make it a "no go zone" of sorts, so that NSF don't follow you onto the dock. It would represent human intelligence since there is a bot there after all.

That would seem the best way to go, since Paul at that point still has to keep appearances, he can't do anything if the dumb NSF grunts decide to commit suicide-by-bot at the dock.

Ash

Arcane
Problem is the player will be "emitting distress" while being chased by the NSF, which Paul will see when you get onto the docks, and he will go ape shit. I guess I could make Paul not react to distress also...meh.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
admitted to be problematic and action has been taken to address the issue.
Eh, I liked the change, nothing the crossbow couldn't fix.
For 9.0 I'm expecting a fully fleshed out UNATCO route that was cut previously.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On one hand, having Paul ignore the NSF shooting you is likely to make unaware players think "terrible AI" while having Paul go nuts on them doesn't mesh with his character.

Hm. I imagine a "no go zone" is probably the best approach, Ash. Ideally that way Paul doesn't see or do anything to the NSF.

Black

Arcane
Found a bug: sometimes after using in-world object (left and right mb) the game empties your inventory.

Ash

Arcane
You call me an asshole for doing a particular thing, then immediately after state you were fine with that particular thing? You're not making much sense.

Can you explain the alleged bug more clearly?

Black

Arcane
You call me an asshole for doing a particular thing, then immediately after state you were fine with that particular thing? You're not making much sense.

Can you explain the alleged bug more clearly?
It's fine, we do these kinds of things around here.
The bug happened when I was in Paris catacombs and fast-used wines and forties found there, a second later my inventory was cleaned empty. Loaded a save and did the same things, empty inventory again. Didn't happen without using wine or forties yet.

Ash

Arcane
OK. What was your method of using the wine? Left clicking the object as it stands in the world? Right clicking the object in the inventory with the new mouse shortcuts? Equipping the object and drinking from hand?

You said: "(left and right mb)". Left and right mb pressed simultaneously? Or what?

Did you drink all of your stacked wines/forties, or did it happen even when you just drunk a few from your stack?

Sorry, but inventory code is complex so I need to be thorough.

Ash

Arcane
Ah. That's a feature, not a bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfClbBb4lyQ

Left click to use objects in the world where they stand.

Like how in many old RPGs you'd have a set of commands like

Code:
PICKUP        INSPECT
USE           TALK

Right click = pickup (and add the item to inventory)
Left click = Use (it where it stands).

It's actually more inspired by Arx Fatalis though, which also let you use objects in the world without having to put them in your inventory first. It's just a natural evolution of LGS design philosophy in terms of realism, simulation, agency and all that goodness.

In GMDX, it works on all inventory items that are consumable. Those that aren't, doing this "use" command picks up the object and puts it straight in your hands (equips it).

Black

Arcane
But still doesn't explain why it cleans your inventory.
By the way, is there a way to implement something like "never pick this item again"? Because I swear to god, if JC picks up a knife one more time

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But still doesn't explain why it cleans your inventory.
By the way, is there a way to implement something like "never pick this item again"? Because I swear to god, if JC picks up a knife one more time

And cigs, baton etc. :lol:

Ash

Arcane
Black: Are you saying it wiped your whole inventory, or just the stack of forties/wine?

v9.0 has added a hacky solution to this problem via an menu option that you can enable which will ignore/wipe the existence of combat knives from corpses only, with randomization (low odds) that a knife won't be wiped for a number of reasons. There will be 90% less combat knifes to fuck about with if you have this option enabled, basically. Optional given its hacky, unrealistic, inconsistent nature.

Black

Arcane
Black: Are you saying it wiped your whole inventory, or just the stack of forties/wine?
Entire inventory + hotbar. I'll make a save if it happens again. I think it has something to do with quick-using wines.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Do I need to launch through GMDX.exe? What does it do?

Adding the shortcut arguments to steam properties seems to works fine, except for the UI text that was not updating at first but with DeusEx.int becoming a copy of GMDX.int now I can see difficulty names and skill description changes so I assume other text is updated too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom