Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

anus_pounder

Arcane
:shredder:

This topic. First game I was going to play on my new machine was nuDX2, but at this rate I'll end up playing through Deus Ex again before I touch anything else.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also, I noticed that mines are still triggered when you're in their proximity even if you're separated from the mine by a wall.
The hidden stash under the rubble next to the toilet room leading to the LaGuardia Airport is boobytrapped by a mine which is still triggered if you walk along the right wall of the toilet room tunnel.

Ash

Arcane
Also, I noticed that mines are still triggered when you're in their proximity even if you're separated from the mine by a wall.
The hidden stash under the rubble next to the toilet room leading to the LaGuardia Airport is boobytrapped by a mine which is still triggered if you walk along the right wall of the toilet room tunnel.

I could trace for geometry, but there's very few mine placements that actually warrant it. I'll just move that specific mine a touch.

Excidium II said:
Btw forgot to report this funny bug, this guy only spawns later but I can see him with vision enhancement rank 4:

Yeah there's another one of these in the level just before with the MiB that comes out on the moving platform after talking to Helios, only that one was vanilla. I'll hide them both from the world until the script is called.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ash i think so? Felt like medkits healed less when I played. Reverted in v8 perhaps?

Or maybe just the better ai made me take more damage so it just felt like hp was more scarce.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I found some rather odd bugs in the 'Ton Hotel once you arrive when Paul has his killswitch switched on. His apartment door can't be closed (in any direction) and JoJo won't move after talking to the Rentons that you will kill him, whereas in Vanilla he'd go to them and kill 'em.

They heal 30 hp on untrained iirc

Yep.

I think 60 is Advanced.
That's why I never upgraded Medicine past Trained. 60 HP and a max of 15 medkits is plenty enough IMO. Trained should heal 45 HP, Advanced 60, and Master 100 if you ask me.

Ash

Arcane
Known bug, already fixed. Better post the bugfix section of the v9.0 changelog. Doesn't list a lot of minor stuff that I've fixed like seeing that MiB through the wall with the vision aug.

Bug Fixes:

-Vanilla Bugfix: ensured an end-game scenario cannot be met at the Hong Kong Helibase event if Jock misses his shot at blowing up the door.
-Vanilla Bugfix: finally got that darn new game inventory bug.
-Vanilla Bugfix: fixed the speed enhancement super jump exploit.
-Vanilla Bugfix: you can now successfully throw objects while running forward (originally you'd run into the object as it is thrown, causing it to drop straight to the floor).
-Vanilla Bugfix: Projectile-based weapon accuracy now matches the current crosshair representation closely.
-Vanilla Bugfix: Fixed an edge case game breaking bug where sometimes Page would not spawn in the holoprojecter at vandenburg.
-Vanilla Bugfix: the assault gun's fire sound plays per bullet rather than playing a five round burst sound regardless of # of shots fired.
-Vanilla Bugfix: Weapons dropped to the floor by NPCs give ammo, as opposed to none.
-Vanilla Bugfix: When burnt to destruction, fire goes out as the object is destroyed, rather than 1 second before.
-Vanilla Bugfix: fixed a moderately rare bug where Paul refused to converse with the player in the Hotel after having sent the NSF signal.
-Vanilla Bugfix: shooting unconscious NPCs, throwing them in water and so on kills them.
-Vanilla Bugfix: saving while crouched, then loading that save game doesn't force you to the standing position.
-Vanilla Bugfix: when picking up objects under rare circumstances you are no longer forced to drop it.
-Vanilla Bugfix: carried/throwable objects will no longer magically disappear from your hands when climbing ladders and under other rare circumstances.
-The "do not place" test box bug when interacting with corpses if you have the the interaction auto holster option enabled is now fixed.
-Fixed an ai cooldown issue affecting a bot activated via an alarm being triggered in the dockyard map.
-Fixed a BSP error on the brooklyn bridge station map.
-fixed a rare issue where pawns with the pistol would not immediately turn to face the target before shooting.
-JoJo now finds a path to the Rentons, and the UNATCO ambush event happens without error.
-The "Short Fuse" and "Combat Medic's Bag" perks now actually work properly.
-The advanced security bot with cloaking now deactivates it upon returning to patrol (just like the humans with cloaking do post-GMDXv6.0), and can also be destroyed by the plasma rifle without error.
-Pepper spray and other gasses no longer trigger laser alarms, same as in vanilla.
-Fixed a pathfinding error on the batterypark_02 map.
-Fragments no longer spawn splash effects when hitting water for performance reasons.
-The "Death Perspective" option no longer causes occassional crashing if set to First Person.
-Throwing Knives assigned as a Secondary Weapon no longer can be thrown underwater.
-Tear gas doesn't produce splashing effects when entering water.
-Fixed bug where right clicking inventory icons while dragging another caused the dragged item to disappear.
-Fixed a minor visual inconsistency on the Skills UI screen
-Ensured the player cannot set all custom color theme colors black, as this will result in a broken menu.
-Used a superior method of playing a sound effect when a body hits the floor after being thrown.
-Amended a couple typos.
-You no longer "auto-mantle" at the top of ladders if you press the jump key while on the ladder at any point.

Edit: better post these too as some can be seen as fixing of bugs/design flaws too:

Balancing & Difficulty Adjustment:

-Reduced Synthetic heart energy drain considerably and halved the light aug's drain.
-Grenades are inaccurate on hardcore mode unless you have the respective skill.
-You now cannot assign any melee weapon as a secondary weapon without the "inventive" perk.
-Reduced the damage of the starting melee weapons.
-Altered stamina drain values.
-Reduced the health of the minature spiderbot variant.
-The MJ12 ambush in Area51 now detects if the player has been ghosting/non-lethaling, and if so this ambush event does not happen.
-Minicrossbow steel dart damage reduced by 4.
-Prod default clip size increased to 3.
-Biocells are half as effective at recharging suits and armors.
-Taser darts incapacitate enemies for half the duration the riot prod does.
-Cameras have slightly less health (to increase the effectiveness of AP 10mm ammo and sabot primarily).
-Mini crossbow darts hitting walls alerts guards at a more realistic range.
-Added a couple extra assault gun clips in the interest of ammo balancing.
-The large green metal shiiping crate can now be destroyed.
-Enemy assault rifle ammo drops range from 1-5 bullets, with additional odds in your favor of a good drop.
-Nerfed the damage of rubber bullets & thrown inventory items, and improved rubber bullet behaviour.
-Increased the plasma rifle's effectiveness VS bots.
-Added a successful (this time) fix to the amount of ammo Kaplan and Carter give you.

Scrapped content:

-Removed UMP, USP and Laser Rifle (to be available via optional add-on).
-Removed 20mm EMP grenades.
-Removed "drops of blood on your shades" effect.
-Removed plasma rifle gibbing.
-NPC Head decapitation is disabled as was originally intended (because it's incomplete).
-Removed power-throwing of corpses.

All boring stuff, and a lot of it wouldn't even make sense to someone who has not played the mod.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah I haven't reported some stuff I've seen because it happens all the time so I imagine it's known by now.

-Biocells are half as effective at recharging suits and armors.
Is this really needed? Using biocells to recharge gear already felt like a bit of a waste to me. Except for the rebreather since it's rare.

Also, regarding wearable gear, could you make the following changes:

- Item with lowest charge at the top of the stack instead of the bottom, so you don't have to drop all your armor to get rid of one with 35% charge before picking up a new one with 100%

- Item with 0% charge loses effect until recharged instead of disappearing

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Thermoptic camo primarily. Thermoptic camo acts as Cloak and Radar Transparency in one, so obviously its use should be more limited than those augs themselves.

Any other questions about the above then fire away. Got to ensure it's perfection after all.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

As for Biocells recharging suits being "useless", not to someone who hasn't invested in the skill but still wants to see good use of suits. It's just going to cost them a hell of a lot of biocells to do that. There's other scenarios where players will appreciate the choice and strategy involved too.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
What's your favorite thing about GMDX? If I have to pick a particular thing, mine is probably the considerably fixed and improved AI, and plenty more is on the way.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
That's probably the most significant thing, yeah. Greatest factor in making stealth less stupid.

But everything about this mod is great, even if it was just the most minor things like fov fix, it would already be a must have.

Dev_Anj

Learned
For me it's easily how much polish has been added to several aspects of the game, especially the weapons. In vanilla most of the weapons felt like pop guns and while they could become powerful if you invested into their appropriate skills they always felt underwhelming. In GMDX almost every weapon feels powerful and deadly, both in your and the enemy's hands. I do hope that the melee weapon nerf you did doesn't counter this aspect, as I liked them being finally reliable and not awkward as hell to use, especially for KOs in vanilla.

Still not seeing the point of the taser darts though! :p

Ash

Arcane
Excidium II said:
Greatest factor in making stealth less stupid.

And combat. Stealth was definitely less stupid than combat was vanilla, but both were ultimately dumb as shit in relation to AI.

Dev_Anj said:
I do hope that the melee weapon nerf you did doesn't counter this aspect, as I liked them being finally reliable and not awkward as hell to use, especially for KOs in vanilla.

Damage values for the starting set of melee weapons are set back closer to vanilla, but the headshot hitbox fixes and multiplier adjustments remain, so they'll still be less awkward, just not notably OP as they are now.

Ash

Arcane
It's still actually in there as a hidden option in the locked options menu. I just don't want to officially support it as it changes the game's tone negatively and is OP.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
GMDX feels to me like a natural progression of the developers efforts. Many mods seem to fall into a trap where you can blatantly tell the additions or changes aren't what the devs envisioned and ultimately make the game itself worse.

Improved AI & skills are the two tangible things I think I like most about the mod itself.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Is it my impression or people can't hear objects being pushed around?

Also I like the option to make carried objects not transparent but would be cool if JC didn't carry crates straight in front of his face. Would actually be even cooler if you could lean but not sure how feasible that would be to implement.

Ash

Arcane
"Is it my impression or people can't hear objects being pushed around?"

They can, just the AISendEvent() radius is very small. Maybe I'll scale it a little based on difficulty.

Leaning with carryable objects should be feasible. Not sure why the devs didn't support it to begin with. Will probably add it.

Edit: anyone have any performance/framerate trouble, or was it smooth like butter for you?

Edit 2: Intelligent and Deus Ex/reality-relevant discussion going down on the default front page of reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/52xvio/egyptian_state_media_claims_911_was_carried_out/

False flag ops, gov. surveillance, control of the general population with an invisible hand etc, openly discussed and upvoted. Not that anything will be done about these issues, but at least the general population is reasonably educated on the matters now. I always thought a large chunk of Deus Ex's plot reflected our reality and a potential future reasonably accurately.

Meanwhile Eidos Montreal boils down the edutainment of Deus Ex to "Augs Lives matters" banal socio-political bullshit, and not a lot else interesting.

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
I cant't say which thing in GMDX I like most as I have never played vanilla. All the features that I hav read about it are great but yah, can't say which one I like owt.

The only perfomance issues I had (my laptop is fairy good, runs Witcher 3 with medium-high graphics without FPS hit) is when I quicksave. The framerate drops maybe half for 3-4 secs.

Black

Arcane
Besides the AI changes, I really like map additions. I can't say for sure what you've added since I didn't have og DE remember 100% but I'm fairly certain there are two new apartments in Hell's Kitchen, one with a safe. Are the corpses behind the wall in the X-51 area new too?
Anyway, stuff like that makes it worth exploring even if someone played DE almost to death, since even finding a lockpick and multitool feels like celebration since they're more scarce now.

Unrelated thing: shouldn't Smuggler disable the tripwires if you go through the front door with a password?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom