Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God of War reboot - now on PC

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
The logical next step for this series is to make Kratos undergo a sex change magic operation to become a more comprehensive divine figure so that they can gain the power to challenge the next group of gods with a patriarchal hierarchy.

DemonKing

Arcane
I've played a bit and it's not terrible so far. More like more of the same with improved boss variety (the 2018 game was mainly just trolls with different skins). It feels a bit like Nu-Doom with puzzles as there's even a "glory kill" button for you to mash once you've knocked enough off an enemy's health bar.

Most of the NPCs have been white men so far other than Freya from the first game. Haven't met the little black girl yet though.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Someone posted these in another thread:
1668079630423405-fs8-png.30395

1668079806836262-fs8-png.30396
1668081217185722-fs8-png.30397
1668082198534162-fs8-png.30398
1668100776546484-fs8-png.30399
I've been watching the video walkthrough of the story and the dialogue is indeed mediocre for the most part. A lot of stupid banter and not enough action. I really enjoyed the previous game, but this is a sharp decline from it.
My primary issue is that it's all so inane. I don't really care about the woke stuff but the plot and dialogue is boring and concerns mostly mundane things. This is compounded by Atreus being such a boring limp-wristed character.

Cassar

Savant

The gamers that part of the cult of sony do not care about the games themselves. There needs to be the perception that its good. So they can felate sony as having THE place with the best games. And not those suckers like nintendo or xbox. I actually saw people say about that korean journalist, he probably wanted clicks, otherwise how did he have the audacity to step out of line. Out of whats expected of him to do.

We trust in these types of journalists:

https://youtu.be/9M56UeStc4s?t=111

https://youtu.be/ZoYYqfkCpRo?t=486

These two look and sound like smart, inteligent people who know what they're talking about

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How did this industry become so thoroughly infested with danger hairs, it's like they gradually emerged from the regular employees through osmosis and no one noticed it while it was happening

lycanwarrior

Scholar

The gamers that part of the cult of sony do not care about the games themselves. There needs to be the perception that its good. So they can felate sony as having THE place with the best games. And not those suckers like nintendo or xbox. I actually saw people say about that korean journalist, he probably wanted clicks, otherwise how did he have the audacity to step out of line. Out of whats expected of him to do.

We trust in these types of journalists:

https://youtu.be/9M56UeStc4s?t=111

https://youtu.be/ZoYYqfkCpRo?t=486

These two look and sound like smart, inteligent people who know what they're talking about

It happened with CyberPunk reviews at launch as well.

A lot of the positive review scores from many game sites was probably motivated in part from avoiding the wrath of crazy fanboys lmao.

Ivan

Arcane
I've played a bit and it's not terrible so far. More like more of the same with improved boss variety (the 2018 game was mainly just trolls with different skins). It feels a bit like Nu-Doom with puzzles as there's even a "glory kill" button for you to mash once you've knocked enough off an enemy's health bar.

Most of the NPCs have been white men so far other than Freya from the first game. Haven't met the little black girl yet though.
do finishers replenish some resource/go toward something: health gain, devil trigger mana?

Ravielsk

Magister

A lot of the positive review scores from many game sites was probably motivated in part from avoiding the wrath of crazy fanboys lmao.
The people that respond like this are absolute lemmings who decided the game is good before they saw the first trailer. To them the game is a core part of their personality and so they perceive people calling the game bad as calling them personally bad. I remember how YT recommended me a CP2077 video that began with the youtuber apologizing that he did not intend to ruin the game for anyone because his friends bitched at him for not liking a game they were looking forward to playing. Yes, his "friends" got mad at him for disliking a game they did not even play yet and like fucking 5 year olds gave him shit for it.
I remember something similar happening with the launch of Wrath of Lich King when a Czech magazine Score published a "scathing" review that gave it 75/100 for casualing the game to a point of utter pointlessness and right in the next issue the receive "fan" mail whining how they ruined the game for them and how they can no longer buy it for their brother's birthday.

Shit like this is the main reason why I cannot really buy into the mentality of "everyone deserves a voice" when there are obviously swathes of people unable to distance themselves form even a fucking videogame review.

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How did this industry become so thoroughly infested with danger hairs, it's like they gradually emerged from the regular employees through osmosis and no one noticed it while it was happening
Might as well ask the uncomfortable question how everything got infested with child-grooming dangerhairs.

But then, depending on where you live, you may end up in jail for questioning the Holocaust.

kangaxx

Arbiter

The people that respond like this are absolute lemmings who decided the game is good before they saw the first trailer. To them the game is a core part of their personality and so they perceive people calling the game bad as calling them personally bad. I remember how YT recommended me a CP2077 video that began with the youtuber apologizing that he did not intend to ruin the game for anyone because his friends bitched at him for not liking a game they were looking forward to playing. Yes, his "friends" got mad at him for disliking a game they did not even play yet and like fucking 5 year olds gave him shit for it.
I remember something similar happening with the launch of Wrath of Lich King when a Czech magazine Score published a "scathing" review that gave it 75/100 for casualing the game to a point of utter pointlessness and right in the next issue the receive "fan" mail whining how they ruined the game for them and how they can no longer buy it for their brother's birthday.

Shit like this is the main reason why I cannot really buy into the mentality of "everyone deserves a voice" when there are obviously swathes of people unable to distance themselves form even a fucking videogame review.
I had similar with with my brothers over things like Cyberpunk, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4 in particular. "For someone who calls themselves a gamer you don't seem to like many games".

Well yes.... and no....

Black

Arcane

Ravielsk

Magister
"For someone who calls themselves a gamer you don't seem to like many games".
That is kind of a linguistic anomaly when it comes to video games. With any other form of entertainment you have a specific word/expression for enthusiasts but nothing for just casual enjoyers. Book worm, film buff, audiophile... they all denote a higher level of investment and standard so nobody expect a film buff to like every movie nor is anyone surprised when a book worm dislikes mainstream publications.

With videogames however this is the exact inverse. There is a general word for people who plays games but there is nothing specific for enthusiasts. This creates a weird situation where people, especially casual players, struggle with the notion that you can be a "gamer" and still be picky about your games because in their mind the word you use to describe yourself is just a generic descriptor instead of a specific one(that would make it clear from the start that you have a higher standard). Their mind essentially processes you using the word "gamer" to describe yourself as a oxymoron because how can you claim to like games when you so obviously do not like all games(or at least pretend to)?

Its a weird product of modern social media where the frequent miss-use of a word by the common consumer essentially warped the meaning of a existing word and simultaneously blocked the creation of a new specific expression because the second it would emerge it would be misappropriated by people to not feel left out. Meaning that if you came up with a new word for "videogame enthusiast" it would take maybe a year or two before that word would become just another general expression for "person who plays games" because of everyone declaring themselves "videogame enthusiast" on social media.

Nathir

Liturgist
Ragnarok>Elden Ring confirmed

reddit game got 6 nominations
:lol:

As far as I'm concerned they're all ribbit games.
https://files.catbox.moe/8gx2ne.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/vi0q91.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/udbstj.webm

Fellas I think you need to relax. So far it isn't particularly woke and the gameplay is quite good. Not a Last of Us Part II situation at all.

You forgot the best part:

10/10 GOTY well deserved.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Dad is playing it, here’s what he said:

“game of the year, the story is so deep!1!1!! Gameplay and graphics are amazing!!”

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
lol, the kid is a half giant and his mom was giant, but she’s like 6ft nigga what? It would be so fitting if kratos boned a 15ft giant

also, this black girl is a giant to? what’s the point of having giants just be normal sized humans?

elverkongen

Learned
lol, the kid is a half giant and his mom was giant, but she’s like 6ft nigga what? It would be so fitting if kratos boned a 15ft giant

also, this black girl is a giant to? what’s the point of having giants just be normal sized humans?
Jötnar were not explicitly large in the mythology. They did however explicitly possess an "otherness" although occasionally joining Æsir or Vanir in marriage, some unions of which became the mythological origins for several Norse royal dynasties for example Ynglings.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"For someone who calls themselves a gamer you don't seem to like many games".
That is kind of a linguistic anomaly when it comes to video games. With any other form of entertainment you have a specific word/expression for enthusiasts but nothing for just casual enjoyers. Book worm, film buff, audiophile... they all denote a higher level of investment and standard so nobody expect a film buff to like every movie nor is anyone surprised when a book worm dislikes mainstream publications.

With videogames however this is the exact inverse. There is a general word for people who plays games but there is nothing specific for enthusiasts. This creates a weird situation where people, especially casual players, struggle with the notion that you can be a "gamer" and still be picky about your games because in their mind the word you use to describe yourself is just a generic descriptor instead of a specific one(that would make it clear from the start that you have a higher standard). Their mind essentially processes you using the word "gamer" to describe yourself as a oxymoron because how can you claim to like games when you so obviously do not like all games(or at least pretend to)?

Its a weird product of modern social media where the frequent miss-use of a word by the common consumer essentially warped the meaning of a existing word and simultaneously blocked the creation of a new specific expression because the second it would emerge it would be misappropriated by people to not feel left out. Meaning that if you came up with a new word for "videogame enthusiast" it would take maybe a year or two before that word would become just another general expression for "person who plays games" because of everyone declaring themselves "videogame enthusiast" on social media.
Grognard :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom