Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Neuromancer

Augur
Myth was a Bungie production, which is now owned by M$oft, and they don't want to do business with GOG since none of their games are out there, either old or new.
What about Ori and the Blind Forest?

It was originally published by Microsoft Studios and Wikipedia still lists this company as publisher whereas GOG mentions THQ Nordic as publisher on their page. Maybe they pose a sub publisher only for this sales plaform?

Anyway, there seems to be a chance that some Microsoft games can be later released also on GOG.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This store is not relevant to me anymore because I've already purchased the hundreds of quality products they have
cool_story_bro.png

And as other have pointed out they still have some stuff to release. Expected stuff, such as Myth, but also potentially some unexpected ones too. Who would've thought we'd have Diablo, Warcraft 1 and 2 on GOG?
Myth was a Bungie production, which is now owned by M$oft, and they don't want to do business with GOG since none of their games are out there, either old or new. Close Combat is on GOG because it was bought by Slitherine. It pisses me off, because there are a lot of Good Old Games on which Microshit sits with their fat asses, unwilling to make them legally available for purchase for who knows what reasons.

Apparently Myth and Oni are owned by Take Two. https://www.ign.com/articles/2000/0...gie-take-two-buys-oni-ps2-situation-unchanged

Today Microsoft, Take Two Interactive, and Bungie Software announced a major deal that will see the acquisition of Bungie by Microsoft, the acquisition of major Bungie franchises by Take Two, and the confusion of gamers and journalists alike. We'd like to bring you the solid facts on what's happened, and what it will mean to PlayStation2 gamers in the near future.

Take Two, in return for their 19.9% stake in Bungie (which will become Microsoft's), is acquiring the complete rights to Bungie's Myth and Oni franchises; the games, their associated universes, trademarks, the lot.

Marathon is apparently owned by Bungie itself.

catfood

AGAIN
Myth was a Bungie production, which is now owned by M$oft, and they don't want to do business with GOG since none of their games are out there, either old or new.
What about Ori and the Blind Forest?

It was originally published by Microsoft Studios and Wikipedia still lists this company as publisher whereas GOG mentions THQ Nordic as publisher on their page. Maybe they pose a sub publisher only for this sales plaform?

Anyway, there seems to be a chance that some Microsoft games can be later released also on GOG.
Yeah, it's weird. On GOG it says the publisher is THQ, while on Steam it says Xbox Game Studios.

THQ has it listed on their site as well.
https://www.thqnordic.com/games/ori-and-blind-forest

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Marathon is apparently owned by Bungie itself.
Similar deal with Access I think. Chris Jones bought back the rights to Tex Murphy years ago, so the entire series is on GOG. Microsoft still owns Links and its descendants, so they're not.

Neuromancer

Augur
Similar deal with Access I think. Chris Jones bought back the rights to Tex Murphy years ago, so the entire series is on GOG. Microsoft still owns Links and its descendants, so they're not.
Chris Jones actually said in an interview, that the only reason Microsoft bought Access was because of Links. The usual Microsoft tactic: Since their own product Microsoft Golf couldn't compete, they just bought the competition.
Microsoft didn't really care about the Tex Murphy license at all and let it rot for many years.
As you wrote - Chris Jones was able to buy the license back for this reason, after he left the company.

Danikas

Arcane
Freedom Fighters is a "classic" I never got around to playing. To the Youtubes! *swish*
Funny thing I remember watching trailers for this game before release and getting pretty hyped about it but I never bothered to get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom