Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Already got my offline installers backed up on my hard drive, that's literally the reason why I buy games here in the first place. They'll do just fine just a small hiccup and a lot of unwaranted alarmism.

This is some third world shit. GOG's budget really has been cut to the bone.
Development for GOG functionalities, of any kind, is slow as shit, and you'd say there's nobody working on them at all. Galaxy's development is certainly full of placebo updates that come once every year. The forum has had bugs that have been there for years.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just checked a game I was interested in playing that I own. Jagged Alliance Deadly Games. And when trying to download the offline file, I just get 404 - not found. Not good this.

Zanthia

Novice
I downloaded a game just fine about 14 hours ago. Actually I downloaded it twice because it was corrupt, which is par for the course with GOG, but it proves the servers were up, at least briefly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm downloading Warhammer Mark of Chaos through Galaxy right now and it seems to be fine.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jagged Alliance Deadly Games still does not work. Perhaps it works through galaxy, I don't know since I don't use it. But the offline file does not.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's indeed scuffed, it locks up at 99%. It seems the installer .exe itself is unavailable to download.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Info on the most popular juarez site with GoG installers:

2023-07-2322_33_41-gob2im5.png

Pirates saving the industry once again... :lol:

Man, it really hurts to see GOG down like this, not just in the technical sense. Something really fucked up happened between TW3 and CP77. I cannot recognize CDPR or GOG as of now. I remember the day they gave away FO1+2+Tactics.... The old Baldur's Gate installers... But now...

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Seems like the download issues depend on the game.

I've been updating my offline backups, and I was able to download ATOM: Turdgrade, Archolos and a bunch of others, but not ATOM or The Witcher 2 (lol).

Azdul

Magister
Man, it really hurts to see GOG down like this, not just in the technical sense. Something really fucked up happened between TW3 and CP77. I cannot recognize CDPR or GOG as of now. I remember the day they gave away FO1+2+Tactics.... The old Baldur's Gate installers... But now...
They were always like that - since Witcher 1 (Polish video with English subtitles):

They have insane management team - and employees do not stay at the company for too long.

At the same time - when they screw something up - they eventually fix it. Case in point: TW1:EE.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Mark of Chaos installed today, so they might've fixed the issues (or only for specific games).

Neuromancer

Augur
Yakuza that good?
I love the series, and I would like to recommend it to everyone, but:

-If you dislike J-drama, stay away.
-If you don't like tropes, and some crazy takes, stay away.
-If you don't like long cutscenes, stay away.

I love the series for its zaniness, and how very Japanese it is. It's the only long running series where I buy every game on day 1.
Can you compare the zaniness to the games of Swery65 (Deadly Premonition, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, A Good Life)?
Of his games, I only played Deadly Premonition. Deadly Premonition was basically Twin Peaks.

Most of the time, it is serious, the crazy stuff mostly happens in side stuff. One example that I found funny (in Y3, it's censored out now) was a side quest where you get chased by a buff tranny. The main character is absolutely terrified. There are powerful moves you can learn by filming certain events with your phone. These events are called revelations. There are some other crazy stuff that goes on. Combat has heat moves, that can be used when your heat gauge is filled. When it is full, you can do all kinds of crazy shit.
I bought the Yakuza series after the recommendation of you and others here in the forum.

Of these games, I started playing Yakuza 0, since that is the game most people recommend.

I am maybe about a third into game - and I absolutely love it!
Although beat-em-up is not my favourite genre, the whole setup, story, athmosphere, some crazy minigames and yes, the zaniness make this game really, really great.
And it is kind of refreshing to play as really cool characters again.

So thanks a lot for the recommendation!
:bro:

To answer my own question: It's no/yes/no.

The three games, I mentioned from Swery65, although all of them contain some strangeness, are quite different otherwise.

"D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die" does indeed contain similar zaniness than Yakuza - even pumped to eleven.
I still can't recommend it, though!
While it starts interesting, the game never got finished. Only the first 1 1/2 chapters exist with a very bad cliff-hanger.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They have insane management team - and employees do not stay at the company for too long.
sounds like standard in Potato companies - if you wonder why so many potatoes emigrated to your country? That's why... even as 2nd, 3rd or lower class citizens they get better treatment when compared to their own...

racofer

Thread Incliner
In case somebody was unaware of this (like I was), the current Cyberpunk offline installers are corrupt since their release a couple of weeks ago, and GOG refuses to even acknowledge the issue:

https://af.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/install_with_offline_installer_files_failed?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_..._bin_files_parts_171819_corrupt?as=1649904300

Install parts 17, 18, and 19 are corrupt on GOG's end and distributed that way. Some user posted a fix that repairs those files.

Edit: made a thread about this: https://af.gog.com/forum/general/go...are_still_corrupted_for_a_month?as=1649904300

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If there ever was a doubt that Good Old Games is the red-headed stepchild of the CDP empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom