Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Halloween Sale has started and Days Gone is now available on GOG with a 67% discount at the moment

BTW is Days Gone worth it?I remember reading some good thing about it once

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Halloween Sale has started and Days Gone is now available on GOG with a 67% discount at the moment

I thought it was pretty fun as far as zombie apocalypses go. The gameplay is fine, but what makes it stand out a bit is the highly eccentric and somewhat mad protagonist.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It was fun for a little while, but I got bored after around five hours, and uninstalled. Not a terrible game, though.

ferratilis

Magister
Do you like an open world game like Mad Max? One where there isn't much substance, but the gameplay loop and doing stuff around the open world is fun. Surviving against hordes of zombies feels engaging, and the game is optimized really well.

As for the writing, the main character is an adult man who wears his cap backwards, that's all you need to know.

Oh, and it has this banger:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Just gonna have to rom it or pirate it. They don’t exactly have typing of the dead either. I guess house of the dead would be pointless with no light gun.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Blacksad is now free for the next 72 hours on GOG's main page
And I don’t have it. Well. That’s good.

Uhhhh…. Taking black cat to THAT level eh?

IMG_1746.jpeg

spekkio

Arcane
Why no Resident Evil on GOG?
Make it happen already.
Buy during promo on Steam, "crack" with Goldberg emu (+ steamclient_loader.exe in case of RE5), archive. Include appmanifest_xxx.acf for possible future updates. That's what I did after waiting too long for Crapcom to stop being retarded and start selling their shit on GoG.

3rGLKmm.png

I bet these files are smaller than potential GoG installers. ;)

You can also go with FatGirl installers if you want even smaller archives (skippable language files). Game files are the same in FatGirl versions (from ~2016) and Steam versions (except steam_api.dll of course). Checked this myself when I bought these games on Steam last year - CRCs were identical, so these games weren't updated in recent years.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And you’ll be silently hosting links to these full RE games right? Right? Booty for pirate duty and looty for ALL? Hmmmm….. YES????

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What? No!

Well….. yeahhh baby!

So nyah nyah nyah!!

Wait! Is that a skeletal zombie rat? WTF!!!????

I think that’s just making the rat go super rodent like in DBZ tbh

Last edited:
I don't get the popularity of the Uncharted series. It's post-Core Design Tomb Raider but somehow worse.
It was the paramount example of the "games as movies" movement which had a resurgence in the mid to late 00s and early 10s with games like this and TLOU. The kickstarter boom together with underwhelming games like that roman themed one kinda killed it, though.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The Whisperer some first person horror adventure I have never heard of is now free for the next 48 hours on GOG's main page

Interesting that Sony decided to add some games to GOG after such a long time, they had Horizon Zero Dawn there but nothing else and now Days Gone is available and God Of War and Uncharted are next. I wonder if The Last of Us and the Spider Man games will follow soon or are they going to take a couple years to have them DRM free

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't get the popularity of the Uncharted series. It's post-Core Design Tomb Raider but somehow worse.
It was less cluncky, more cinematic and more streamlines compared to "trilogy" (Legend, Underworld and Anniversary) which was after Prince of Persia trilogy streamlined action TPP games and made camere to be no longer enemy of the players.

Zoo

Educated
The Whisperer some first person horror adventure I have never heard of is now free for the next 48 hours on GOG's main page

Interesting that Sony decided to add some games to GOG after such a long time, they had Horizon Zero Dawn there but nothing else and now Days Gone is available and God Of War and Uncharted are next. I wonder if The Last of Us and the Spider Man games will follow soon or are they going to take a couple years to have them DRM free
It is not a suprise, Days Gone was the second "great" Sony exclusive on Steam, God of War was the third, but Uncharted Legacy Collection was only the fifth, it released after Spider-Man.

Zoo

Educated
Worse than which post-Core Design Tomb Raider? I think Tomb Raider 2013 is weaker than Uncharted 1-3. Sure, I don't consider them great shooters, but the usual popamole TPS sections aren't movies. The platforming sections and puzzles are laughable, like in the case of TR 2013.

I somewahat miss the old Naughty Dog, they Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter were much more gameplay-oriented.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What about the oldest Naughty Dog days and that secretary?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom