Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lordy, just like the remake of Myst eh? How many Myst remakes were there? I swore i watched a vid on that.

ferratilis

Magister
RE1 now on GOG, 2 and 3 coming later (originals, not remakes)

https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil_2?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/en/game/resident_evil_3?as=1649904300
Description

RE1.png

あなたの側まで、悪が迫る​

Your Special Tactics and Rescue Squad has been choppered to a remote mansion to investigate a biotechnical experiment gone hideously wrong. Before you can say "mass murder," you're plunged straight into a deathtrap writhing with man-eating freaks, swarming crows and rabid dogs.

Arm yourself with knives and flame-throwers scavenged from dead teammates. Solve puzzles, disarm traps and unearth mysteries. But beware: every move you make draws you deeper into the deadly embrace of Resident Evil™.

ある生体技術の実験が失敗し、調査のため怪しげな館にヘリで派遣された特殊工作部隊(通称S.T.A.R.S.)。そこで起こったのは単なる「大量殺人」ではなかった。人を喰らう異常者や群れを成す鴉、狂犬がうごめく死の罠から生き延びるサバイバルがはじまる。

命を落とした仲間からナイフや火炎放射器を手に入れろ。仕掛けや罠を解除し、謎を解き明かせ。だが、忘れるな。奥に進めば進むほど、『バイオハザード』の深みに足を踏み入れることになる。

The iconic classic is back, better than ever, and made to last forever. Here's how we ensured it and what you can expect with GOG's version of the game:

• Full compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • All 4 localizations of the game included (English, German, French, Japanese).
  • Improved DirectX game renderer.
  • New rendering options (Windowed Mode, Vertical Synchronization Control, Gamma Correction, Integer Scaling, Anti-Aliasing and more).
  • Improved timing of the cutscenes.
  • Improved game video player.
  • Improved game registry settings.
  • Issue-free game exit and task switching.
  • Full support for modern controllers (Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock4, Microsoft Xbox Series, Microsoft Xbox One, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Logitech F series and many more) with optimal button binding regardless of the hardware and wireless mode.

Our version of the game keeps all the original content intact – 1996's description is no exception. Take a trip down memory lane and see how Resident Evil™ was described to gamers when it launched all those years ago:

FEATURES:
  • Completely uncut, with even more blood, graphic violence and gory scenes than the worldwide monster hit version on PlayStation
  • A swarm of unknown horrors prowl the mansion's hundreds of rooms, including it's underground lairs, the graveyard and some unwelcoming guest houses
  • Unprecedented detail-intense texture maps, shadows and lighting effects, plus ever-changing camera angles, create a frighteningly rich 3-D environment.
  • Choose to play tough guy marksman Chris Redfield or hardcore demolition expert Jill Valentine, both brought to life with realistic polygon character graphics.
  • Ominous digital surround soundtrack features haunting music that intensifies the action.

EDIT: I don't know why the links are borked. I literally copy the URL, after pressing 'save' it changes into something else. It must be a Codex problem.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well about time for GOG.

There is something I am way late reporting and that is ALL Cinemaware products have been removed from GOG. I still have my Special Edition version of Wings and but it and the amiga version and RocketRanger etc are all gone from GOG. The anthology of 13 games is now on ZOOM. I have no idea how Zoom functions tbh.
The “Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991” includes the following titles:
  • Defender of the Crown
  • S.D.I
  • The King of Chicago
  • Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon
  • Lords of the Rising Sun
  • Rocket Ranger
  • It Came From the Desert
  • It Came From the Desert II: Antheads
  • Wings!
  • TV Sports: Football
  • TV Sports: Basketball
  • TV Sports: Baseball
  • TV Sports: Boxing

There are a few threads but this one is about the DELISTING in January. It isn't on Steam either.

Basic GOG search on the topic.

RPGCODEX discussion on the ZOOM PLATFORM.

ZOOM YOUTUBE

About ZOOM

Question is, who here has used ZOOM PLATFORM and was it easy to use, little to no issues, and did you have to install something like the STEAM platform forces you. It isn't like bloody EPIC GAMES is it?

Popot

Augur
Question is, who here has used ZOOM PLATFORM and was it easy to use, little to no issues, and did you have to install something like the STEAM platform forces you. It isn't like bloody EPIC GAMES is it?
Nope, Zoom Platform is just like GOG: you register an account, purchase whatever you fancy then download an offline installer.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, that's awesome. I was trying to find a video on that but I kept getting the usual Zoom shit. Should have called it Magog or Babylon.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, that's awesome. I was trying to find a video on that but I kept getting the usual Zoom shit. Should have called it Magog or Babylon.
Had issues with some games not working. Their support dude sent me a fixed exe file pretty quick.

deuxhero

Arcane
Interesting that the description for the Resident Evil release implies this is based off the first PC port of the game, rather than one of the three later ones.

Interesting that the description for the Resident Evil release implies this is based off the first PC port of the game, rather than one of the three later ones.
When they got the Metal Gear Solid games on GOG it was the same, they are getting the original PC ports as opposed to the emulated PSX ones. Same happened to other games like FF7 on Steam. The issue with the latter is that its sound quality was lower than the console version's, dunno if it's the same for the RE games but I remember them getting similar criticisms back in the day.

SilentMRG

Novice
The best versions of classics RE are the re-releases from SourceNext and MediaKite, the same for Dino Crisis 1 and 2, and these versions are better with the Classic REbirth patches. Unfortunately, GOG's RE is presenting many technical inconsistencies, and problems with gamepads. The GOG team should have contacted Gemini REbirth to work on these re-releases. GOG, and especially Capcom, they didn't know how to choose the versions correctly, bad choices, and the GOG team they didn't know how to work in good fixes for RE. I think the same will happen with RE 2 and 3.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I generally like Pirate games but these two... ehhhhhhhhh

One looks like minecraft and the other some mobile java thing. The names aren't terribly crafty but w/e. TBF, Buccaneer is an old SSI game from 1997 trying to ride the storm from Sid Meier's Pirates so maybe I judge too harshly. Patch is on my abandonware. Review

Bah, I couldn't get the SSI game trailer from GOG uploaded from my phone. You'll see it on gog or steam.

You stab absolutely EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I remember playing it on the 360, I think it takes a weird tone-shift near the end, but before that it's a serviceable janky third-person action adventure with Templar Sword Action.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if this means that Konami will start bringing newer games to GOG

MasterofThunder

Revengeance plays great, however the port is untouched from the Steam version it seems. Still locked to a maximum of 1080p, among other issues. GOG/Konami really should've touched up this release, but oh well. Also, I recommend deleting the movies folder to save a whopping 21GB of space. Without it the game is only 3.3GB

Hope this means we see more of Capcom and Konami on GOG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom