Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

orcinator

Liturgist
No one mentioned the protagonist's ass so far. You guys must be into BBWs.
:troll:
They're wannabe movie directors so they're allowing women that look like they're from movies and not nature documentaries to be in their game cough, saints row, cough, watchdogs before the asian goth chick dlc cough.
Inb4 some journalist gets mad and they pussy out and nerf the butt and magnetize the skirt physics.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The lighting is absolutely excellent, not gonna lie.

I actually gave you a laughing rating first because I thought it was someone doing a quick cosplay of the leak for laughs on twitter and then I realized it is actually a still image from the game footage.

Nice lighting.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It's a good pic and some of the gameplay improvements sound good. But I doubt they will be well made, having loot sounds nice but I bet you are still a billionaire after a few missions and get the virtual house that does nothing.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The lighting is absolutely excellent, not gonna lie.

Are we supposed to be playing a Karen?

Also, those background npcs look like sims characters.

I assume that's placeholder content unless the setting is some cyberpunk dystopia with store mannequin looking android black people drinking outside a 7-11.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is really bad for rockstar. Hopefully the game is good, and the leak will actually fuel the hype and get ppl more excited for the game.

But man, leaks suck. I imagine the dev team crunching feels shitty about their work getting online leaked unfinished for the world to scrutinize.

Fuck this hacker. I hope he burns in jail.

Hype for GTA 6 niggas

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Rockstar hasn't made a good game in over a decade. I hope you're ready for Woke Theft Auto because that's what you're getting.

El Presidente

Arcane
But man, leaks suck. I imagine the dev team crunching feels shitty about their work getting online leaked unfinished for the world to scrutinize.
Generally (not in this particular case to be fair) I tend to think the opposite, I think it's pretty stupid how ridiculously secretive this industry is, and an evident mark that they take themselves way more seriously than they should. Compare all this secrecy with the products they deliver on the shelves and ask yourself, what's the fucking point? It's not as if they're crafting legendary diamonds anyway. They really do take themselves and their very often poor work far too seriously and shut down any direct communication channels that could exist between them and fans. It wouldn't make any difference if fans could know the whereabouts of their favorite franchises. The silence these companies do is pretty retarded.

Mega Black

Novice
The female protagonist looks less disgusting than I assumed they would make her, but I pretty much lost all hope of Rockstar being able to write a competent female protagonist with RDR2. Sadie is an unhinged sociopathic murderer who kills without remorse and doesn't care a whit about who gets hurt in the process. Honestly, she's fine from moment to moment, but the game can't ever seem to effectively punish her for this behavior and both John/Arthur suddenly become reticent little boys who excuse her every action as okay when she does it but wrong when everyone else does it. This gets even worse at the very final act of Arthur's portion of the story, where the game is hammering home over and over that revenge is bad and you shouldn't bother with it because it'll just lead to more harm than help... but Sadie asks you to go and engage in a pointless act of violent revenge and it's 'dishonorable' to turn her down.

I figured at the end when she gets stabbed after cajoling John into helping her kill Micah that, hey, she's going to die a painful and deserved death right at the end of the game as a final consequence for living her life like a violent sociopath, playing into the theme. NOPE! Vagina powers activate! I can kill without consequence!

I expect this to be more of the same, if not worse. The male protagonist will have every action he takes viewed under a microscope and pay for his actions, while the female will go off scot-free.

Oh man people might see that we're making a lazy GTA 5 reskin for the sake of selling more shark cards!
Generally (not in this particular case to be fair) I tend to think the opposite, I think it's pretty stupid how ridiculously secretive this industry is, and an evident mark that they take themselves way more seriously than they should.
On one hand I understand not wanting people to scrutinize unfinished work, on the other I agree that the smoke and mirrors aspect of game development is almost masturbatory and generally maintained to make developers and publishers feel special. It's an unearned mystique, nobody wonders how movies get made or books get written, the process is pretty obvious and almost everyone who works there will open up or even share aspects of it if nothing else. In the games industry devs don't even like it when people can see cut content, they don't preserve shit, they don't like it when people can peek behind the curtain. Why? No industry has ever really been negatively impacted by seeing how the sausage gets made, a lot of devs are just insecure.

just

Liturgist
i like how these content creator faggots are on twitter crying how sad these leaks are, rockstar devs gonna starve now, whole families ruined
but they're making 17 videos a day about every piece of shit rumor going around and "analyzing" leaked vids one by one lmao
anyways, fuck rockstar hope that hacker kid also compiles this shit so i can play it

Silverfish

Arbiter
I actually think the leaker was providing a public service in this case. The sooner we know what GTA 6 has on offer, the sooner modders can get cracking on making Rockstar's work tolerable.

deuxhero

Arcane
Really, I'm surprised the game is that far along in development. Everything about GTA6 screamed "Still hasn't left pre-production".

These leaks are probably the best thing that could've happened to Rockstar after that recent news of how things are going over there. The footage actually looks much more interesting than I would've thought. The robbery bit almost looked like doing a heist in Payday, which would be a vast improvement over doing a heist in GTA5.

It is kind of funny that people are actually getting to see something that's more like an alpha given the last 12 or so years of studios showing "alpha" footage that's just the finished or almost completely finished game.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't actually want to watch the footage. Is there a good cliff notes summary of the interesting and important stuff that has been revealed from the leak?

Dodo1610

Arcane
So is it confirmed you play a troon or is that just 4chan screeching?
There are two protagonists Jason and a Latina names Lucia

Fc8hzbBaIAAE_3p

Fc-eVWvXEAIWVZn

FdDPEP7XwAMKVh4

I don't actually want to watch the footage. Is there a good cliff notes summary of the interesting and important stuff that has been revealed from the leak?

It seems you can now go prone and crawl on the ground. It's something they should've been doing since GTA4 came out in 2008, but seems to be something they're finally adding in.

The degree to which you can move everything around in the cars makes me wonder if this is going to have VR. There's a bit where they're fucking around with car interior sliders and you can adjust everything (chair position, steering wheel, rear-view mirror) in there like it's a real car. It's a degree of control that seems like it'd be completely pointless in third person, and even normal first person.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are people raging at rockstar?

GTA 5 was a mega-hit, ppl love it. GTA 6 looks to be amazing too. you're gleeful that their shit leaked, why? Hard working ppl getting the shit for this, not fair.
And you MAD cos there's a female protag in mUH GTA GAEM? REEEEEEEE

Get real.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom