Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (Fall 2025)

911 Jumper

Learned
“Strong Sex Scenes”
I wonder what inspired them...
hq720.jpg

GTA VI will most likely be complete shit. GTA V is one of the most boring games I've ever played in my life. 3 characters with a not a drop of likeability among the 3, gameplay so dumbed down, you could have your dog play it on auto.

RDR2, same shit. Dull as molasses story, every mission alternating between cinematic cut-scenes and 2 hours of horse riding, when you are not popping moles from behind cover. How anyone could think this is how you rep the Wild West of cinema/books, is beyond me.

Anyways, old Rockstar, flawed but somewhat fun developer, pushing technical boundaries on open worlds. Modern Rockstar, wannabe movie director using shitty single player exposes as a gateway drug to their money making online shit.

SlamDunk

Arcane
PorkyThePaladin

Nevertheless, it does not negate the fact that, outside of the main story missions, I got a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of the pure free-roam gameplay of both games. GTA V much more than RDR II.

DicLupa

Literate
My brother had a thing going where after dying and respawning at the hospital, he would beeline straight to the closest NPC and beat them to death before proceeding. A funny thing he noticed was the closest NPC was always a woman.

He actually demonstrated it to me. I think I watched him repeat it 6 or 7 times, and yep. Didn't matter which direction he popped off in, the closest available target was inevitably some startled woman about to get aped into the sidewalk.

For your consideration.

After trying to ruin the lives of the re3 team and that abomination of a "trilogy", it's pretty safe to say I'll never buy a Rockstar/Take2 product again. Given this game is going to be a 500GB monstrosity with barely any gameplay and locked behind 10 layers of spyware, I probably won't be pirating it, either.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
After trying to ruin the lives of the re3 team and that abomination of a "trilogy", it's pretty safe to say I'll never buy a Rockstar/Take2 product again. Given this game is going to be a 500GB monstrosity with barely any gameplay and locked behind 10 layers of spyware, I probably won't be pirating it, either.
You always have their old products to play, should you desire to:
GTA 1, 2, 3 and Vice City, Bully, Manhunt, etc.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You needed so little to get your immersion going back when you were a kid... I remember just renaming GTA characters to Reservoir Dogs names, changing the weapon icons, renaming cars, used to get me pumped to play.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
GTA 5 is a terrible game, I was shocked that even the retarded mainstream gamer bought that one. But it sold 185 million copies so I expect more of the same with GTA 6 and beyond. Skyrim with cars. RIP gaming.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if GTA6 will release on PC at the same time as consoles? The current gen consoles are basically locked-down PCs, so it's not like porting is a lot of work. GTA5 remains popular on steam and must be generating a ton of mtx income, Rockstar may want to tap into that ASAP with their new game.

ADL

Prophet

I wonder if GTA6 will release on PC at the same time as consoles? The current gen consoles are basically locked-down PCs, so it's not like porting is a lot of work. GTA5 remains popular on steam and must be generating a ton of mtx income, Rockstar may want to tap into that ASAP with their new game.
Only way it's being delayed IMO is if it's truly not ready for a simultaneous release. Yeah this gives people the opportunity to double dip but they'll make far more off GTAO2 shark cards than whatever they'd make off the intangible number of people who would buy the game twice, in theory.

toughasnails

I wouldn't be deluding myself in that regard, if you're excited about the game. Their strategy was pretty consistent in the past and that they kept to it shows that it worked well enough for them and is likely deeply ingrained by now.
So, you're likely not gonna get even a confirmation of PC version initially, and will have to wait quite a bit for it.

Softgels

Scholar
I think it will be like RDR2, coming out on PC a year after its release on Console.

911 Jumper

Learned
It's undoubtedly going to be biggest release of the gen, but I can't get excited about the next GTA. I can't even be bothered get through V and I got that on launch day (2013).
I guess the allure just isn't there anymore.

According to rumors/leaks, GTA VI will feature 2 characters, a dude and his gf/wife. Can't wait for it to follow in V's and RDR2's footsteps, and feature dumbest, most annoying characters to date. The wife will probably nag the husband about everything and be basically a female Trevor, while the husband will continue hatching non stop dumb schemes like Dutch.

Don't worry, the way modern Rockstar writers will write this one, you will wish you were in a homo relationship.

911 Jumper

Learned
Yeah, looks like it's gonna be another multi character setup – a Bonnie and Clyde style duo.
The woman is a “fierce” Latina (or is it LatinX?) named Lucia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom