Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Jazz_

Arcane
1) Cursed items cannot be un-equipped, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad. I have a few cursed items equipped because they're awesome.

2) They will remain.

3) The Eyrie.

Yeah I thought about sir Coffergus but I was like ''that cannot be, that's quite a backtrack'' :)
Anyway I still don't quite get it, Sir Coffergus translated the book for me which became ''Knightly Catechism'' but I still don't see the 7 virtues spelled for me in the journal, there's just a vague description of the book there after I identified the book. If I use/read the book nothing happens either.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
1) Cursed items cannot be un-equipped, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily bad. I have a few cursed items equipped because they're awesome.

2) They will remain.

3) The Eyrie.

Yeah I thought about sir Coffergus but I was like ''that cannot be, that's quite a backtrack'' :)
Anyway I still don't quite get it, Sir Coffergus translated the book for me which became ''Knightly Catechism'' but I still don't see the 7 virtues spelled for me in the journal, there's just a vague description of the book there after I identified the book. If I use/read the book nothing happens either.

I think you need to drag the translation on the Look button to read it.

As to cursed items, they have different effects: some reduce vitality, some reduce HP and some do nothing (apparently), so I also use some of the cursed items. Though maybe we should check if something non-obvious happens too, such as reducing attributes (attribute effects through items have an * next to the attribute number).

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
whocares Where do you find that item for paying to level up at the shrines? I seem to have done everything before the endgame areas (before putting the 8 tablets into the chests).

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Any item that you would recommend getting from the Djinn? There don't seem to be quotation marks in the dialogue system, so any items that have a name in quotation marks cannot be requested apparently.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
whocares Where do you find that item for paying to level up at the shrines? I seem to have done everything before the endgame areas (before putting the 8 tablets into the chests).
It's the unicorn you get in the Theosophists Lodge. Just touch a shrine with it - bam - free level.

And where did you find the figurine to replace it with?

Gunnar

Arbiter
How does Astral Travel spell work, I cast it and nothing happens.

Any item that you would recommend getting from the Djinn? There don't seem to be quotation marks in the dialogue system, so any items that have a name in quotation marks cannot be requested apparently.

Too bad the eldritch spellbooks are quoted. Maybe The One Ring?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I have no idea why, but Coffergus (Templar) and Raghilda (Cleric) lose vitality the fastest. Does anyone know why?

Seven League Boots is another good one, although I don't recall if the name is in quotations.

Yeah, it is. I'd go for another Golden Armor probably if it wasn't in quotation marks as well. Or maybe more positron cells if I run out.

Gunnar

Arbiter
The One Ring also gives max level Invisibility when equipped. Good for casters.

Spell is called Astral Travel, supposed to let me travel to another plane (thinking I can meet up with Qu'orl there.)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
When you go to the astral plane with the Djinn wish, you can only access one half of the map. Maybe the other half is where you are supposed to go with the spell.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I think I found it in the Tomb of Doom

Yeah, I actually missed it. When you cast Locate Item, the figurine is clear to see there. And the password for the Theosophist Lodge is in the Tomb of Doom too.

As to shrines, yeah, they are on the map, but it is the same icon as burial places, so sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish. In some places it's easy to see shrines on the map.

Tried requesting The One Ring from the Djinn too, but he doesn't know it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Has anyone actually entered the Evil Place in the Raven Wildes at midnight?

I went to the Necropolix and found the password for it - but you are never asked for it and there doesn't seem to be a midnight. It goes from Evening to Tide of Night when you check the time of day by clicking on the logo. I walked back and forth and checked every couple turns for midnight, but no luck.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Sonic Titan

Educated
I have overcome my major speed bump.

After the death of my Aeorb Sage with no way to revive him, I had to figure out how to either teach one of my remaining casters to cast “Raise Dead” and/or “Read Magic” since both of those spells were only on my dead Sage.

I noticed that Gorlo and Trimestes had the books and scrolls I needed. I proceeded to somehow teach my Cleric the charm spell (already forgot how I acquired said spell).

I charmed Gorlo and Trimests to kingdom come and proceeded to rob them blind with my Thief and left them none-the-wiser.

The final hurdle that entered my mind was actually being able to incant my newly acquired scroll of Raise Dead (that I had to identify first, of course). Thankfully my Thaumaturge was able to come through and successfully brought my Aeorb Sage back to life. After 6 ingame days.

That mini trial was my first real slap in the nuts from Grimoire and it was great. I’m immersed as fuck.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Aeorb only has 20 CON, and you lose 10 CON whenever you resurrect someone. If it happens again, Aeorb dies permanently?

IronMaiden

Novice
Haven't encountered any of the new V2 areas yet. Are they scattered around or bunched together somewhere? Did some back tracking to make sure I didn't miss them which is basically just the super demo area.

Dorateen

Arcane
Aeorb only has 20 CON, and you lose 10 CON whenever you resurrect someone. If it happens again, Aeorb dies permanently?

One of the updates last year added the feature that when you rest at a Safe Haven, a character who lost constitution will regain one point for each successfully completed rest. I think the Aeorb might make it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom