Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm kinda interested but they didn't make any discounts. I hope someone will honk if there will be a price cut OR if they'll be ready to release 1.0 and increase the price.

If anything, MS buyout brought some good regional pricing. That includes Grounded and recent Wasteland 3 Expansion Pass.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Build mushroom castles, tame an aphid and make it your pet, take on the terrifying Broodmother, and much more in the upcoming Shroom and Doom update for Grounded!

The Shroom and Doom update for Grounded will launch on June 30th, 2021 through Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC, and is available for purchase through Xbox Game Preview, the Microsoft Store, and Steam Early Access for $29.99! See you in the backyard!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as we find out where the shrooms and impeding DOOM are that give this update its name! From new building materials, Photo Mode additions, SITTING, pets, and more, you'll want to check out this vlog to give you a proper head start into the update!

To view the Patch Notes for this update in order to see everything that was included, visit our website here: https://grounded.obsidian.net/news/grounded/shroom-and-doom-update-out-now

Jump to Different Sections
Shroom and Doom Update - 0:00
Let's Talk Buildings - 0:23
Things to be Excited About - 2:36
Here Comes the DOOM!! - 4:05
Creature Update - 4:56
Where to Find Out More - 6:03

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone know how singleplayer friendly this game is?
I imagine very. Gameplay wise it seems almost a 1:1 with The Forest which I played a lot of. The only problem in single player The Forest was the brutal non-scaling combat difficulty, meaning the enemies came at you in relentless large groups whether you were a solo player or a team of 8. Grounded doubtless has difficulty settings that make soloing doable, so the base building and exploration should be excellent if you enjoy the aesthetic here.

Latelistener

Arcane
The Forest was the brutal non-scaling combat difficulty
Was it always like that or did they balance it for 8 people and forget about solo?

I remember similar problem in Don't Starve Together, except bosses had much more HP compared to the single player game and it didn't scale if you've played alone. Not sure if they've changed anything.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

It's been one year since you found yourself shrunken down to the size of an ant and left to fend for yourself in an insect-infested backyard. Can you believe it?!?

So at this time, we wish to say, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE!

We are grateful for everything we have done with you, and we can't wait to continue to develop the game we ALL want to play! So from all of us here at Obsidian Entertainment, thank you!

And as always, stay safe, and stay Grounded!

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Tried it with friend seems like good game for co-op. There is some progression to what you do, base building is simplistic but there is something to it. Imho the best part of it is just exploration. Suddenly mundane things transform into gameplay oriented environments or tools.

Also it is well optimized. I get 120fps locked with 1080 at 1440p with max whistles. Granted game doesn't have huge whistles but it is still fairly impressive.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Obsidian muppets are back!

Welcome to Ominent Practical Training, a video series by Ominent Practical Technologies. Join Shela Schoeland, an OMT Scientist, as she takes you behind the scenes of the next species to enter the backyard.

Ominent Practical Training is a series where we delve deeper into life in the backyard and further examine its inhabitants, take a close look at the different environments you will traverse through, and dive into what makes this backyard so special. Be on the lookout for future volumes, and as always, remember to be kind and please rewind for the next viewer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as she takes you on a journey into an uncharted area of the backyard: the Upper Yard. Explore new areas that have opened up, take a peep(.r) at some new features and changes, and get ready to meet your ten new neighbors, plus a royal guest!

To view the Patch Notes for this update in order to see everything that was included, visit our website here: https://grounded.obsidian.net/news/gr...

Jump to Different Sections
Into the Wood Update - 0:00
New Areas - 0:18
Crafting and Building Updates - 1:36
New and Updated Features - 3:25
New Creatures - 5:08
Closing Thoughts - 6:10

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Custom Game Options
Custom Game Options are a new way to fully customize your yard experience. If you select the custom game option from the lobby screen, you can adjust settings and make the yard your own:

• Difficulty
  • All Recipes Unlocked and Free
  • Bugs Spawn
  • Bugs Ignore Players
  • Building Integrity
  • Quests
  • Player Damage
  • Friendly Fire
  • Pet Invincibility
  • Hunger/Thirst Drain
  • Stamina Drain
  • Equipment Durability
  • Food Spoiling
  • Menus Pause Game
  • Backpack Items on Death

rusty_shackleford no doubt seething that they've made the notarget cheat a difficulty option. :lol:

Codex Year of the Donut
honestly, good on Obsidian. They finally realized all their games are full of bugs so they made some lemonade out of those lemons.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Bug lemonade sounds pretty dystopian.

Bugsnax cross-over:

e9Xdp38.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom