Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guido Henkel's Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore - CANCELLED

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
^ True, I've done that myself a few times

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
theSavant Here is a screenshot of some in-party banter that you were concerned would take up the whole screen:

mIO1KXk.jpg

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm almost sure Guido is reading this thread because he just introduced a $20 tier for those who just want the game. Also latest updates talk about choices and consequences :martini:

P.S. I'm not sure the Christmas gift idea is so great, but it may be a way to get some of the backers to increase their pledge. Also the latest Matt Chat is on the ROA series

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Nice dialogue system. I at most expected something like the one in Dragon Age I, which was just some lines on the bottom with the name of the character on the side, but this looks even better.
Interesting is also that he keeps the dialogue not stretched over the whole screen (like DA did) but centered and with a limited width. This width approximately fits a statement I've heard some years ago, claiming that a specific width of XY characters is best readable. In comparison to that DA was cumbersome to read.

I'm almost sure Guido is reading this thread because he just introduced a $20 tier for those who just want the game.

Indeed, it looks like that, may remind me to keep the harsh tone down a bit as it. Apart from that it's impressing what he has delivered in all his updates, especially compared to certain other KS which only lived on hype. Though only sad thing is, it might be too late. But nevertheless the campaign pulled 300% compared to Thorvalla. Gonna watch Matt Chat now...

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
new update has a screenshot of the inventory. looks nice.

fxxlXUx.jpg

D&D attributes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You mean "theoretical" inventory. Until Guido finally gets that bitComposer contract.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Lol screenshot with FPS counter BEHIND the UI. Was he trying to say "IT'Z REALS GUYS!" or really didn't see it?

And there's a metal fan on the inventory. :eek:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No one can tell me there are only 3,500 gamers out there who are truly interested in a real role-playing game!
They're not interested in this one.

“Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” deserves to be made!
No it doesn't. You're not entitled to other peoples' money because you have an idea.

Henkel's attitude bugs me so I look forward to this project's failure.

Alchemist

Arcane
The inventory UI looks good to me.

Lol screenshot with FPS counter BEHIND the UI. Was he trying to say "IT'Z REALS GUYS!" or really didn't see it?

And there's a metal fan on the inventory. :eek:
It's called a prototype / mock-up - he has never claimed they had a real game yet.

And I don't see how he's being a douche. Having enthusiasm for your own project is douchyness now? People complain if he doesn't and also complain if he does.. you guys are funny.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yesterday I had a dream... that black and white people... that the Deathfire backing suddenly jumped to 700K. Well, I was wrong, 170K is it maybe.

Regarding the inventory, I agree it looks generic and it's most likely a Photoshop overlay. But what do you expect when you see the campaign is gonna fail anyways? It's not that an ultra-cool inventory would automagically pull 200K in the last 2 days anyways. Not anymore.

imweasel

new update has a screenshot of the inventory. looks nice.

fxxlXUx.jpg

D&D attributes.
The Inventory looks good. The functionality looks great. :) They should have shown this screenshot earlier, a good UI and inventory system + paperdoll always gets me hyped.

The D&D stats are indeed rather strange. But it's just a prototype, so who cares.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So now it's about the attitude and not the actual game? How moronic is that?
I was never interested in this but I wouldn't take particular glee in its failure if the project creator didn't act so entitled. It's that easy.

Stabwound

Arcane
Well jesus, what a mess. I guess this probably means he's going to do the Early Access thing, but by the looks of it the game is nothing more than a tech demo at this point. He really should have started the greenlight process a long time ago, before the kickstarter at all. He's been talking about the game for what seems like a year now.

It's a shame because the game looks like it's shaping up to be a solid blobber, but there's lightyears between what he has now and a complete game, and now he has no funding at all.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I personally find it utterly mesmerizing how there is absolutely no correlation between our backer numbers and the way “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” has shaped up on Steam Greenlight over these past two weeks. This morning, the game has made it 96% of the way into the Top 100 and I see that 8,750 gamers gave it a Yes vote, indicating that this is a game they would definitely give a closer look and potentially purchase.
and only 3600 backers.
so kickstarter shows its limits

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom