Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guido Henkel's Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore - CANCELLED

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The page says the G3 studio is in South California? Huh? I thought Guido lives in Germany...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Therefore we are planning a number of stretch goals that will increase the scope of the game. One of our proposed stretch goals will add the player option for tactical Third-Person Combats to the mix, allowing the player to decide whether he wants to switch from a first-person camera to a more removed third-person view for the game’s combats. Another one of our planned stretch goals will add Towns to the game, complete with locations such as Healers, Armorers, Weapon Smiths, Taverns, Temples, and so on. One additional goal we have planned will add an Overhead Map to the game, complete with Overland Travel, Hunting and Gathering. At this point we will no longer have a linear game, but will also add additional main story lines to the game so that you can really go out and explore. Expansions to the crafting and enchanting system could also be part of the game at this stage. It also deserves noting, however, that upon reaching this stretch goal, our development timeline will have to be adjusted by an additional six to eight months, in order to accommodate the design, creation, and implementation of all the additional content and, more importantly, the testing that will be required.

Shades of Space Shock.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The amount of effort put into that class will likely be proportional to the amount of $500+ backers. Wouldn't be too worried.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I am slightly irritated by the wall of text in the second picture: does that mean all communications between party members and NPCs (which was announced on his website) only takes place in giant pieces of paper blocking the view? I thought of full voiceovers (like in Wiz8) reducing some text. One can clearly see the his influence as a book writer though.

You can't be serious. The wall of text screenshot is what really got me excited. And full voiceovers are expensive and often unnecessary.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
e0K8wFD.jpg

Their "disadvantages" stats are basically just an English translation of the equivalent Dark Eye system, complete with the (presumed) "high is bad, low is good" mechanic. Same goes for the herbal/poison/animal lore skill split, the body skills named "self control" and "balance", and the crafting skills "treat wounds/poisons/diseases". Goes to show how much Guido has grown as a designer those past 20 years.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Their "disadvantages" stats are basically just an English translation of the Dark Eye system. Same goes for the herbal/poison/animal lore skills, the body skill named "self control", and the crafting skills "treat wounds/poisons/diseases".

And that's a bad thing?

V_K

Arcane
e0K8wFD.jpg

Their "disadvantages" stats are basically just an English translation of the Dark Eye system. Same goes for the herbal/poison/animal lore skills, the body skill named "self control", and the crafting skills "treat wounds/poisons/diseases".
So after all the beating he got here for not making a RoA clone with Thorwalla, now he's going to get beaten for making a RoA clone with Deathfire? Oh, the eternal sunshine of the codex hivemind...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Nono, I'm happy that we're getting at least two Dark Eye games a year now. It's just a incredibly transparent "adaptation" that, as far as I know, Henkel hasn't even openly acknowledged yet.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Nono, I'm happy that we're getting at least two Dark Eye games a year now. It's just a incredibly transparent "adaptation" that, as far as I know, Henkel hasn't even openly acknowledged yet.

He said what games he took inspiration from and obviously Realms of Arkania is one of them. Also, who the fuck cares if he acknowledges where some mechanic within the game came from?

V_K

Arcane
He said what games he took inspiration from and obviously Realms of Arkania is one of them. Also, who the fuck cares if he acknowledges where some mechanic within the game came from?
I guess the lawyers of whoever is publishing DSA now may care, so better to leave it the way it is.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I guess the lawyers of whoever is publishing DSA now may care, so better to leave it the way it is.

Yeah, it's one thing if he advertises the game as "from the mind behind Realm of Arcania", it's another if the game ends up effectively being a Dark Eye game without the license.

Putting healing skills under "crafting" is another one of those clear tip-offs, by the way. Hopefully he'll at least do some renaming to cover this stuff up a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom