Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

^ Crappy Euro advice. I'd buy at least 30-40 Classic packs first. The only GvG commons worth pulling are Piloted Shredder, Dark Bomb, Shielded Mini-bot, and one or two others. The rest is mech deck fodder.
Mech deck fodder, sure. Incidentally mech mage is a cheap and competitive deck, so that's a p good thing huh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

From what I can tell, mechmages have died off pretty significantly with the advent of Patron Warrior. Not a bad deck, by any means, and you'll still see the odd one here and there, but nowhere near the constant tide you'd have faced at GvG's launch.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also FTR is pulling shit out of his ass because a while back he was complaining he can't be bothered to play ranked on his main account - I give a 5% chance he actually has an account on NA at rank 10. Dude's just anally devastated about my pretty obvious euro joking, even though I've made it abundantly clear that's all it is. A nig so salty that he has to pretend he has accounts that he doesn't just to make up a retarded story that isn't even as retarded as the one I listed. :salute:

I don't know where you get all this shit from. You probably confuse me with someone else. But that's alright, kwans are not very smart nor do they have very good memory.

Also, you "joked", I "joked" then you made up a retarded story to make it look like your "joke" is better than my "joke". Yeah, I can see who's butthurt here.

Just face it. Kwans are shit at games.

Rly? I looked at dust options and people generally recommended to wait for nerfs and dusting cards no-loss. Might've been older posts tho.

The most recent tip from Blizzard is "deal with it" or something like that. Basically they say said that rather than fixing cards they want the players to make decks to combat them. In other words, unless there are cards that win the game on the moment they're played no matter the situation don't expect them to do anything.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
When you're out at the Euro clubz hitting on Euro-womynz don't take time off to post about Hearthstone. Mech Mage is okay but I still wouldn't recommend getting GvG packs for it. At least not until someone had most of the Classic collection. Also with Classic he has a much higher chance of pulling useful legendaries.

Rly? I looked at dust options and people generally recommended to wait for nerfs and dusting cards no-loss. Might've been older posts tho.
People might say that but I can't even remember the last card to get nerfed. I think Eaglehorn bow was altered with the secret overhaul. It's been at least half a year if not more. Post-launch you can probably count on one hand the number of cards that have been nerfed.

If you want to have all the cards just in case, I can understand. If you want to give yourself a slight boost by dusting the truly garbage-tier cards then the first four I mentioned are definitely safe to disenchant. Alarm-o-bot and Holy Wrath have been in the game for two+ years and I can't remember any serious deck that played them. The other two are new with TGT but they're quite terrible.

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Or he can play Patron Warrior which is cheaper and far, far stronger against the meta game, while only being slightly harder to play. Oil Rogue can't really survive in the world of Secret Paladin.

Patron requires both Naxx and BRM though. It's true that it's very cheap dust-wise, but I only really mentioned Oil Rogue because cvv mentioned he wanted to play Rogue, and found Warrior and Warlock boring.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So i have 100 dust, now wrecking my brain how not to waste it horribly.

Any suggestions to optimally boost my basic minion mage with it?

Here's an example of a basic mage deck:

hz4n2DT.jpg

I was thinking two Piloted Shredders or two Ice Barriers or one Ice Block (a lot of matches with aggro players are too close for comfort for my taste, I found I really need to boost my survivability until my stabilize-faceroll phase). Then again other options may be far better.

Grinolf

Arcane
I was thinking two Piloted Shredders or two Ice Barriers or one Ice Block (a lot of matches with aggro players are too close for comfort for my taste, I found I really need to boost my survivability until my stabilize-faceroll phase). Then again other options may be far better.

Shredders are good upgrade in the future, but you already have pretty strong minions for 4 mana (Yeti, Shieldmasta, Water Ely). So I would rather concerate on replacing the weakest cards right now (Grizzly, Kobold, Raptors, 1 Ooze). My suggestion are 2 Manawyrms, Amani Berserkers or Annoy-a-Trons (first are good against midrange/control, second against aggro), Harvest Golems/Spider Tanks/Scarlet Crusader (last one is bad against paladins so first two should be better) for 3 mana. Imp Master could be decent there also as you already have it.
Azure Drakes instead Frostwolf is also interesting idea, but they are rares and no guarantee that they are the most optimal choices for the deck, as there mana potential 5 mana drops to fill the spot. So I would avoid them for a while until you could determine which 5 mana minion you need.
Personaly I would go for Wyrms, as establishin the board on turn 1 is as important against aggro as heal/taunts. From other hand you would get Zombies in Naxx with a similiar role. And it's hard to say which is better for these deck, as there isn't that many early game spells in it.

Ice Block only good when you have a very specific plan for the turn it's buying you (Spell Combo in Freeze Mage, Giants Combo in Echo Mage). This deck doesn't have any, so ithis turn would be irrelevant in most cases. Ice Barrier or Healbot are far better cards for this deck. But I would avoid Ice Barrier before Naxx, where you get Mad Scientist.

Last edited:
So i have 100 dust, now wrecking my brain how not to waste it horribly.

Don't craft anything below epic, except when you *really* need a specific rare. You'll get most rares relatively easily, so then you'll get duplicates, and when you DE the duplicates you'll get 1/5th the dust back. Time preference negro, time preference - saving now pays off later. Ideally you'd only craft legendaries, but epics also takes a shitton of time to get (I don't have many essential ones in spite of having played 2600 games, so realistically you have to craft epics at some point).

Also: DE unused golds. Unless you're gonna spend srs money on the game you're never gonna get anything resembling a decent collection of them, again speaking from personal example.

As for not DEing cards to save them for when they are changed - I followed that policy for a looooooong time but it seems blizzard won't change cards hardly ever again, so don't think about that either.

Also add herostratus 1551 if you like, good for the spectator quest.

Also Metro you fatuous pseudokwan, I know you don't know how timezones outside of kwa works but my message was written in the morning when productive people are at work.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't craft anything below epic, except when you *really* need a specific rare. You'll get most rares relatively easily

At the rate the game gives you gold I can afford one pack every two days. That way it'd take months for me to get the cards I really need, especially considering Hearthstone is going on a slow burner in winter onwards due to the deluge of higher priority releases (Starcraft, Fallout, Anno, Xcom, W2, D:OS and bunch of others). But yeah, I'm not gonna overdo it.

Also add herostratus 1551 if you like, good for the spectator quest.

Good point. I have exactly zero friends. :negative:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
At the rate the game gives you gold I can afford one pack every two days. That way it'd take months for me to get the cards I really need, especially considering Hearthstone is going on a slow burner in winter onwards due to the deluge of higher priority releases (Starcraft, Fallout, Anno, Xcom, W2, D:OS and bunch of others). But yeah, I'm not gonna overdo it.

Add UncleSam#2489 if you play on Cuckrop
and MetaShodan #1780 if you play on Godmerica

I play pretty casually now that I got my legend cardback. Waiting for there to be a deck that actually interests me.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Why are there only repeats and shitty Brawls? Just fucking do bosses and random decks every week, stupid Blizzturd.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Battle.net is being wonky for me, my tag is CarlitoCVV#2256, in case ya'll need to add me too.

Btw doing Brawls first time, first two matches ragequitted. Only the third one I stopped being a retard and finally managed to focus solely on the board instead going for the face. Those free 2-mana minions can be pretty nasty.

This game :D

Andhaira

Arcane

Wasteland 2 and D:OS have already been released since last year. Starcraft has been out for years.

And what the fuck is Anno?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wasteland 2 and D:OS have already been released since last year. Starcraft has been out for years.

And what the fuck is Anno?

W2 and DOS are getting muh enhanced edishuns. Had to check them out, I liked both games (despite DOS retarded writing). Starcraft is getting the third campaign come November and Anno is my favourite econ sim since forever. New sequel coming 3rd November.

Andhaira

Arcane
I warned you MEN, do NOT underestimate the power of Malygos.

Just had a OTK against a priest; he had 30 health and got my mage down to 16. I play Malygos and do exactly 30 damage with a combo of Fireball, Frostbolt and 2 minions on board. (Emperor reduced Fireball, frostbolt and malygos down so I could play them in the same turn)

hivemind

Who underestimates the power of Malygos ?

There are literally decks build around him

The main problem with Malygos decks tend to be that they are built entirely around him, as in: if you don't have him in hand by turn 7 or 8 you are very likely in big trouble.

Grinolf

Arcane
The main problem with Malygos decks tend to be that they are built entirely around him, as in: if you don't have him in hand by turn 7 or 8 you are very likely in big trouble.

There is Malylock that doesn't need him as win condition. Strong mid-game warlock's and dragon's cards (like Imp Boss, Guardian and Corruptor) and imba hero power are often enough to just seize the board by turn 5 or 6, and don't give up it ever again. Plus decent burst from spells even without Malygos. Dark Bomb - Dark Bomb - Soulfire is already 10 damage for 5 mana. With Azure Drake it would be 13 for 10, which is often enough. Malygos mostly required as another dragon in the hand or against Priests and Warriors, who just refuse to die otherwise. Not to mention, that with warlock ability drawing him and Emperor isn't a big problem.
There were also some Freeze Mages who used him as one of the seviral their win conditions together with Alex and Emperor. But the only matchup, where it matters, is Warrior, and looks like consensus is just better to give up winning against them, so t's not a popular variation. Same thing with Velen in Priests. It's very good against their nemesis, Handlocks: Of there are too many of them it's more optimal just to change class than tweak the deck just for the sake of having a decent chance against otherwise unwinnable matchup.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom