Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You could try playing on the NA sever.

This is a showcase of typical high skilled NA plays

Jesus fuck, I don't think I'm that bad. I mean some of those plays look completely retarded even to me and I've been playing for barely two weeks.

hivemind

No you are, for recommending Healbot for a basic mage deck. Ice Barriers are an excellent addition for a basic mage without other secrets, especially one who has Pyroblast, because they will allow him to get to 10 mana to actually play it. Not to mention be able to spam fireballs/blizzard/flamestrike to clear the board and then be able to play a minion to regain board presence.
There is no reason to play an ice barrier instead of a healbot in a mage deck that has no strong secret synergies.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So I probably suck more than I was led to believe after yesterdays 5-3. Much worse run today, 2-3 with a mage. First loss to paladin, got completely roflstomped again - I can't even begin to understand how to deal with paladins in Arena. 3 matches, 3 times got my face shat on. Hello I'm a paladin concede now and save time plox thx. Fuuuuuuck.

Second and third losses to a rogue and a mage. Even battles, lost to combination of a bit worse draw and noob retardery. 2 very satisfying wins against tough rogues tho.

Anyway, got a pack and 50 gold so I broke even. Lesson learned - HearthArena is not enough to not suck in Arena. :M

Dude, until you've been stomped to 0-3 you didn't feel real pain.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also Paladins are the bane of arena even more so now than before TGT. The basic things to do is to not play into Consecration and Truesilver (not always possible, of course) and always assume they'll have Minibot on turn 2. Otherwise pray and hope for the best.

You can try reading these articles as well:
http://hearthstoneplayers.com/mastering-the-arena/

I think they're all before GVG, but they still apply.

Edit: Actually, no, I see the Killing Uther one for example is up to date.

Mystary!

Arcane
Fuck paladins.

Also, I opened a Baron Geddon but have nothing to use him in. For a control warrior deck I'm about 10 legendaries short. Where else does he work?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nowhere. You can have a decent CW deck without a lot of legendaries. Grom+Alex are the only mandatory ones. Then you'd be good to go with Geddon and one or two other big threats. Sylvanas + Rag/Ysera/Boom.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Another 2-3 run, although with my deck (from Warrior-Warlock-Shaman I picked Shaman, got below average draws) I'm not even salty.

Another 2 losses to Paladins tho. Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of them. You'd expect I'm not gonna get matched against a paladin again with 2 losses but there you go...

I'm still breaking even and Arena is still fun but dat feeling when you see another fucking Uther. :negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
2-3 is not bad for someone new to the game. And, yeah, if you keep playing Arena expect to see a lot of Uther and Jaina. Especially the higher your win total gets. Still better than playing against Secret Paladin and Patron Warrior.

What's your bnet tag? I'll add you and spectate sometimes on Euro server.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The starting phase for the new players is fucking idiotic. In order to unlock all the basic cards we're forced to slog through like 15 practice matches with retarded AI - for each class. That's 130 most boring matches ever. Why, in the fuck? Can't we just get the basic packs and go on playing the game with humans?

Play as the classes in arena. Alternatively, get a class you like to lvl 20 (on UncleSam, I got mage there after 2 arena runs - 7 and 8 wins respectively) then play tavern brawl as them during a week with preconstructed decks.

Also you can get to rank 20 with literally the basic decks, so when you get reset in October, you can get pretty much whatever class you need to to level 10 that way.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Logged on to my Euro account and got two free packs randomly from a 'source outside of the game' or some shit like that. Don't remember doing any kind of promotion. Oh... was this because Euro servers were down for a day or something?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
They're given to kwans so they have SOME chance on EU.

Nah, you probably didn't login in a lot of time because some time ago they gave free packs to everybody because of server issues.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
2-3 is not bad for someone new to the game. And, yeah, if you keep playing Arena expect to see a lot of Uther and Jaina. Especially the higher your win total gets. Still better than playing against Secret Paladin and Patron Warrior.

What's your bnet tag? I'll add you and spectate sometimes on Euro server.

I'm CarlitoCVV#2256. And it would be a procession of 0-3s without HearthArena and Icy Veins. It's not enough though since mana curve and synergy is important too and you're on your own for these.

I understand right now Patron Warrior is the only good counter against a Paladin. It's a very specific deck tho so useless in Arena. Seems like Paladin is always strong as fuck no matter what though.

hivemind

I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Heartharena takes the curve and synergies in your deck into consideration when you are drafting

It even shows you the synergies it takes into consideration

hivemind

like I play a fucking weblord literally just to block keeper and the autistic druid still drops it on turn 4

guess you learn new things every day

hivemind

Ye I know that now but that's retarded since it's pretty much the same thing

It should be Battlecry: Choose one

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Heartharena takes the curve and synergies in your deck into consideration when you are drafting

By synergy you mean the yellowed cells in this?

That's just recommended picks for the given class no? Not sure how you could even include curve and synergy fixed guide for a random draw. With my Shaman deck yesterday I went strictly with the guide, since I have no idea how to play a Shaman, and I ended up with a lot of spells and overload cards and not enough meat. Experienced player wouldn't have made that mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom