Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Revenant

He already has Alex on that account, FFS. He actually pulled one of the more useful legendaries in the second pack and now switched accounts. Looks like your autism test results were innacurate, doctor

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Control Warrior kind of sucks cause the games take so fucking long. It's a fine choice when you're rank ~5 and winrate beats everything (presuming the meta is fine for it), but until then it's pretty miserable.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He already has Alex on that account, FFS. He actually pulled one of the more useful legendaries in the second pack and now switched accounts. Looks like your autism test results were innacurate, doctor

I kicked Alex out anyway, good card but in my cheap deck not very impactful. Either I'm winning already or she won't save me against turn 7 aggro death.

Btw why are ya'll freaking out, it was a 2 week old account I haven't spent a single dorra on. Autism is calling that a waste. :M

Andhaira

Arcane
New account, fourth pack, Archmage Antonidas :smug:

Also Spellbender but that's apparently shit. Should I just dust it?

lol no, Spellbender is very good. Especially in a Paladin dominated meta. Play it at least at turn 4 though, so it gets the boost from Blessing of Kings.

Andhaira

Arcane
cvv In fact considering you have only been playing 2 weeks, do not dust ANYTHING except duplicates (i.e. cards you have more than 2 of)

You never know when a useless looking card now could end up metasizing the meta later on. Pally secrets for example.

Revenant

Hory sheet, I pulled Antonidas today too! Andhaira must be right - the random seed is rigged, listen to all the other advices of the djinn as well!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Keep making new accounts until you get Boom, Sylvanas, and Trueheart in the first ten packs.

Also you fucked up by making another Euro account. Try again.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
hurp

Plebs are gonna swarm in. One of the few skill aspects of the game about to get diminished by a lot. Sure, the best deck almost always has like 4-5 picks off of what this recommends, but the days of facing Metros who don't understand why Saboteur is a perfectly fine card are coming to a close.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speaking of which... after looking at my collection I'm missing about the same number of TGT, GVG, and Classic epics (and basically no rares) so I'll probably do Arena until I decide to start saving for the next shitty adventure.

hivemind

this is disgusting

so given that almost everyone will now have this installed arena is turning from the most skill gamemode into one where the skill of all players is almost equalized because of third party cheat programs and it all depends on the draft and draw RNG

UglyBastard

Arcane
hurp
Plebs are gonna swarm in. One of the few skill aspects of the game about to get diminished by a lot. Sure, the best deck almost always has like 4-5 picks off of what this recommends, but the days of facing Metros who don't understand why Saboteur is a perfectly fine card are coming to a close.

Now they only need to implement some sophisticated bot algorithms that tell people what to play so that no one needs to think even a little bit anymore when playing Derpstone.

Heartharena was always good, but at least it was a fucking pain in the ass to use. This is so easy and also includes a cheat tool (deck tracker), no self-respecting scrublord will NOT use that shit.
This is pretty much treason towards their kin of good Arena players, but I can't blame them. The app is probably like a license to print money.

Would be really funny if Blizzard is able to detect this and bans every user, but that is never ever going to happen.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You all realize that the kind of people who would install this overlay are the kind of people who already consulted the charts they're based off of, right?

UglyBastard

Arcane
You all realize that the kind of people who would install this overlay are the kind of people who already consulted the charts they're based off of, right?

I think you underestimate the impact. Heartharena was very painful and time intensive to use.

I tried it once or twice and was really impressed with the algorithm, but it was simply not user friendly enough to use just for curiosity. You have to do a lot of tabbing, searching cards and other obnoxious tasks. This is just a piss easy to use cheat engine that runs in the background and needs ZERO time investment and effort to use (and even comes with a deck tracker).
I would be very surprised if this new app doesn't multiply their userbase in an impressive fashion.

It's a high powered business decision for Merps and ADWCTA (can't blame them for claiming the monies for their creation) but really unhealthy for the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think you underestimate the impact. Heartharena was very painful and time intensive to use.

It's somewhat more lazy-friendly but functionally I don't see any improvement at all.

And as always - the people who need and install these tools are the last ones veterans should be worried about.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In other news I had a shitty arena draft where my best choice of legendaries was... Skeleton Knight (others were Milhouse and Rivendare).

Playing this control paladin deck in casual/ranked but with Kel'Thuzad and Sylvanas instead of Tirion and Justicar.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's somewhat more lazy-friendly but functionally I don't see any improvement at all.

And as always - the people who need and install these tools are the last ones veterans should be worried about.

Not really.

Truth is, one of the major skill factors of arena was the draft. People like me who understood that sometimes you need to take a vanilla 3/3 for 3 to fill out your curve were able to crush the Metros of the world who can't comprehend that. This takes that out of the equation for the most part. Sure, I can usually make ~2-4 picks that Heartharena wouldn't due to valuing certain things more, but it's actually very solid. It will tell plebtros "hey retard, pick this 3/3 for 3" and if they listen, their decks will be comparable to an 'infinite' player.

Considering how much RNG is in the game, especially after TGT, Arena is going to be far more luck based in general.

It's up to Ratsmah to teach us the secrets of beating these heartharena decks :salute:

Revenant

Uh, I am obviously unworthy of correcting great Prophet Phage, but a vanilla 3 is 3/4. Or 4/3. A 3/3 for 3 usually has some kind of buff in the form of battlecry, deathrattle or proc, that's how Hearthstone goes.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Uh, I am obviously unworthy of correcting great Prophet Phage, but a vanilla 3 is 3/4. Or 4/3. A 3/3 for 3 usually has some kind of buff in the form of battlecry, deathrattle or proc, that's how Hearthstone goes.

I'm talking about taking something like Dragonhawk Rider, who is essentially a 3/3, because you need it for the curve (though his upside can occur sometimes I guess)

Andhaira

Arcane
Sabatoeur is an excellent card. It honestly ought to have been an epic, it's so good. I'm glad though that most people are unaware of it's goodness and thus don't use it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Sabatoeur is an excellent card. It honestly ought to have been an epic, it's so good. I'm glad though that most people are unaware of it's goodness and thus don't use it.

Nah.

It's a solid 3 drop for arena and budget decks tho

Andhaira

Arcane
Nah.

It's a solid 3 drop for arena and budget decks tho

It's superb in ranked. Especially against hero power spamming Murloc-adins and Facetards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom