Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tried ranked again out of curiosity and the amount of solidly decked Patron Warriors and Mech Mages and Zoos on fucking rank 16/17 is just hillarious. 4 days before the end of the season.

Either those are shit players with great decks who simply can't get higher in which case fair enough. Or some kind of trolls I don't even.

hivemind

the only time you don't want to have two krakens in your deck is when you draw the second one when you mulligan the first

WhiteGuts

Arcane
OK OK OK IVE HAD IT WITH THESE PALADINS WITH EQUALITY + CONSEC OMFG

3 GAMES IN A ROW WHAT THE FUCK.

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Tried ranked again out of curiosity and the amount of solidly decked Patron Warriors and Mech Mages and Zoos on fucking rank 16/17 is just hillarious. 4 days before the end of the season.

Either those are shit players with great decks who simply can't get higher in which case fair enough. Or some kind of trolls I don't even.

Very likely with Patron, at the very least.

Patron is kinda like Miracle before Naxx, in that it's a deck with a very high skillcap, that is also powerful enough to win even if you play suboptimally. If you play bad enough, however, you will lose a lot in the long run.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
cvv, In regards to you wigging out about seeing legit decks at rank 17 - keep in mind that this is actually a surprisingly large number of the population:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3mg8yz/after_about_3_months_of_trying_i_have_finally/

(yeah, I linked a reddit post, whatever) point being, people with almost good decks struggling and celebrating when they hit rank 14 lol. (I say almost because he has some weird shit like ice barrier with no scientist...???)

Also, sometimes you'll get people like me - Rank 17 with a legend cardback playing full-on wallet warrior because I'm too lazy to grind.

Zeriel

Arcane
cvv, In regards to you wigging out about seeing legit decks at rank 17 - keep in mind that this is actually a surprisingly large number of the population:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3mg8yz/after_about_3_months_of_trying_i_have_finally/

(yeah, I linked a reddit post, whatever) point being, people with almost good decks struggling and celebrating when they hit rank 14 lol. (I say almost because he has some weird shit like ice barrier with no scientist...???)

Also, sometimes you'll get people like me - Rank 17 with a legend cardback playing full-on wallet warrior because I'm too lazy to grind.

I'm actually guessing "good players who are lazy" represent a pretty significant portion of active players. And the longer the game is out, the more players have most good cards. Anyone who has been playing casually since release probably has all the classic legendaries by now, without spending any real life money.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Even if you only do dailies you should be at rank 10 with a decent tier 1-2 deck by the end of the season though, unless you play like once a week or so.

Most low rank net decks are probably just casuals or people who experiment with troll decks.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Even if you only do dailies you should be at rank 10 with a decent deck by the end of the season

I don't think a beginner could make it to rank 10 in the first season. I'm now watching Trump's F2P mage and he can do it easly ofc but he can also do consistent Arena 6+ wins (in fact in his first Arena run he went all the way). You can build a good deck fast with his skills and occassional Arena.

Also I should've read up on the game before I started. I wasted a lot of dust on stupid shit. But I didn't know I'd get hooked up I've never played card games before and I'm not a huge Blizzard fan. Oh well 2l82qq.

EDIT: Also a question - Trump is running 2 Mad Bombers in his F2P deck and no Ooozes but it's a Feb2014 series and now I'm seeing a lot of people using a lot of weapons from the expansions. Plus Bomber is inconsistent as fuck. Isn't it better to put back my Oozes?

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
I don't think a beginner could make it to rank 10 in the first season. I'm now watching Trump's F2P mage and he can do it easly ofc but he can also do consistent Arena 6+ wins (in fact in his first Arena run he went all the way). You can build a good deck fast with his skills and occassional Arena.

Yeah, I was talking about people playing the latest tier 1-2 decks. It's not even a matter of skill, these decks can carry you there without much trouble.

As for Trump, decks from Feb 2014 are gonna be very outdated, though I guess in low ranks they could still be ok-ish. Maybe you could search for more recent low budget decks. And sure, you can replace bombers with oozes.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Aren't you at rank 17 currently?
:troll:

15 I think, but yeah, I've played a total of like 10 games this season lol

point is, if I'm going to netdeck, I'm just going to netdeck the deck with the best results!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After watching Trump's F2P I started a new account. The old one was all kinds of fucked up, wasted so much money and dust, dusted good cards etc. Also very bad packs except one amazing.

New ID is adb2015#2361, exclusively for Hearthstone. Add plox.

Revenant

After watching Trump's F2P I started a new account. The old one was all kinds of fucked up, wasted so much money and dust, dusted good cards etc. Also very bad packs except one amazing.
Lol, the guy dusts one good card and crafts another useless one and thinks he fucked up the account. I will try to remember what I did with my Hearthstone account:

- dusted The Black Knight, Onyxia, Captain Greenskin, Vol'Jin, Antonidas, Foe Reaper, Thalnos and maybe something else I forgot that I opened in packs;
- dusted everything to craft a paladin deck with Tirion;
- again dusted everything except Rag (including the Tirion I crafted);
- crafted Al'Akir and Neptulon to play the midrange shammy, then dusted them both;
- dusted and sometimes re-crafted other epics, like Brawl, Big Game Hunter, Faceless Manipulator, etc.

And I regret nothing. Once you go Control Warrior, you never look back.

hivemind

So he shouldn't try to optimize his gold usage just because you waste dust ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom