Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I started climbing the ladder to reach a decent tier before the end of the season. Switched from Mill Rogue to Handlock, but playing it feel so boring and dull. Yea, it's pretty effective but every game is pretty much the same. With Mill decks games are often wildly different and it feels extremely rewarding to defeat a strong meta deck.

Recently I've been using this Mill Deck:

RyNYxmZ_6rsRSn5EnILySL33N9vnYPSEXgIi0L0utCw

2 Blade Flurries are crucial for board clear, very often enemies will flood the board with tough minions that Bloodmage + Fan of Knives can't clear. Having two Oils also makes the deck much more competitive. Deathlord helps a lot especially against Hunters. Could include 2 Dark Iron Skulkers, it's absolutely awesome and turns the game in your favor countless times. In current meta 2 Antique Healbots are mandatory.

The deck is still not even close to being competitive, but I've stayed steadily at 16-17 rank. But the games are very exciting, I highly recommend trying a Mill deck like this one.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not really.

Truth is, one of the major skill factors of arena was the draft. People like me who understood that sometimes you need to take a vanilla 3/3 for 3 to fill out your curve were able to crush the Metros of the world who can't comprehend that. This takes that out of the equation for the most part. Sure, I can usually make ~2-4 picks that Heartharena wouldn't due to valuing certain things more, but it's actually very solid. It will tell plebtros "hey retard, pick this 3/3 for 3" and if they listen, their decks will be comparable to an 'infinite' player.

Considering how much RNG is in the game, especially after TGT, Arena is going to be far more luck based in general.

It's up to Ratsmah to teach us the secrets of beating these heartharena decks :salute:
You're a king, sir. King of the misplays.

hivemind

mill is chill

If I had the dust I'd make one just to taste the tears of autistic ranked players.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
He's right, though, they aren't fun to play against.

Mills? Why not? When you spot they try to mill you just change your strategy. Mills are always at a disadvantage against almost any other deck type. Many times I feel like I played a perfect game with my Mill deck and I still don't come even close to winning.

I just enjoy the game more when playing a deck that forces you to adapt to your opponents plays.

Mystary!

Arcane
How do mill decks even win? What's the win condition?
Sure it's annoying but I've never lost to one, feels like they're just digging their own grave most of the time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
mill is chill

If I had the dust I'd make one just to taste the tears of autistic ranked players.
You use that shitty meme insult far too much. Especially for someone who uses this thread as their livejournal update on their arena runs.

Sure it's annoying but I've never lost to one, feels like they're just digging their own grave most of the time.
Mostly against control or mid-range. They're pretty terrible against aggro. At least they are when I face them as aggro.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron

The above posted deck has multiple win conditions: it can either make the opponent run out of cards by using Gang Up on Coldlight Oracles (since you always have more cards in your deck and therefore they will fatigue faster than you) and clearing their board constantly; or if you get board control you can use Oils to buff your guys for some burst damage. Quite often you use both at the same time. The games almost always go on for a long time, so you can use both methods in a single game. Beneath The Grounds can help gain the board in an unexpected way and help you change from Milling to a more offensive approach.

As said Mills are not really competitive against Legendary decks, but they're decent enough against mediocre decks. But above all they're just so fun and stimulating to play since you have so many ways to approach the game.

hivemind

You use that shitty meme insult far too much. Especially for someone who uses this thread as their livejournal update on their arena runs.
autistic ranked player detected

but yeah you are right

I have periods in my life where I overuse a certain word till I grow bored of it
I just moved on from 'literally' to 'autistic' a while ago

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I tried to build my basic-ish Mage deck alongside Trump's F2P to see how far I could go. Not far, not surprisingly, but I did expect to go further than 17. Now just going back and forth without any progress.

vwSdFqL.png

Any suggestions for improvement? I know, Spellbender out, but I don't have any good 3s. Plus it's hillarious to use since nobody's expecting it since nobody else is running it :)

I'm doing fine against Priests, Shamans, Druids and normal Mages but Zoos and Hunters will kill me so fucking fast and I don't stand much chance against Mech Mages either. Seems to me the decks were generally less fast a year ago when Trump did this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'd use two flamestrikes. And Spellbender is not really a 3 drop replacement. Sure, you can play it on turn 3, but you might as well not. 2xArcane Intellect is not bad either. Get yourself another Harvest Golem. And switch Defender of Argus for another Yeti. Or take out Venture Co for the Yeti and keep the defender if it helps you any against aggro.

Andhaira

Arcane
I tried to build my basic-ish Mage deck alongside Trump's F2P to see how far I could go. Not far, not surprisingly, but I did expect to go further than 17. Now just going back and forth without any progress.

vwSdFqL.png

Any suggestions for improvement? I know, Spellbender out, but I don't have any good 3s. Plus it's hillarious to use since nobody's expecting it since nobody else is running it :)

I'm doing fine against Priests, Shamans, Druids and normal Mages but Zoos and Hunters will kill me so fucking fast and I don't stand much chance against Mech Mages either. Seems to me the decks were generally less fast a year ago when Trump did this.

The fuck are you talking about, Spellbender is awesome. Especially against Priests and Pally's.

Anyhow here is what I would advise:

Remove the following:

-Venture Co.
-Stormwind Champ.
-1 Acolyte
-1 Swamp Ooze
-Razorfen hunter
-Both arcane missiles
-Azure Drake x 1

Add in the following:
-Add in another Flamestrike and/or the blizzard
-Harvest Golem
-Arcane Intellect
-Mirror Image x 1 (You can use it in conjunction with Defender of Argus, and also to get fireball from Antonidas)
-Ice Lance (for burst damage in conjunction with Frostbolt/get a fireball from AA/freeze a powerful enemy in a pinch for a turn)
-Need to see more cards before I can comment any more.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And Spellbender is not really a 3 drop replacement. Sure, you can play it on turn 3, but you might as well not.

As Andhaira said, it's hilarious against Priests and Paladins but it's mostly entertainment value. Priests are chumps and good Paladins aren't playing on rank 17. I can deal with the bad ones. I'll probably get rid of it for some basic taunt, like Ironfur or some such, just to survive Zoos and Hunters.[/QUOTE]

I'd use two flamestrikes. 2xArcane Intellect is not bad either. Get yourself another Harvest Golem. And switch Defender of Argus for another Yeti. Or take out Venture Co for the Yeti and keep the defender if it helps you any against aggro.

I got rid of the second Flamestrike since it's not really needed against control decks and it's rarely useful against aggros. Those matches are usually decided around turn 5. Same for second Aracane Intellect - way too slow. Trump's using the Auctioneer, maybe imma craft it.

And yeah, Venture is out and back in Yeti goes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Do you have Blizzard?

Trump's using the Auctioneer, maybe imma craft it.

Uh... what's the date of the deck that Trump uses Auctioneer in? If it's from a year or more ago... then yeah... Also consider sometimes he pulls cards in these F2P runs and uses them because they're the best cards he has... not because they're worthy of crafting.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
DON'T USE SECRETS IN ANY DECKS WITHOUT MAD SCIENTIST UNLESS IT IS PALADIN WITH MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER
DON'T USE SECRETS IN ANY DECKS WITHOUT MAD SCIENTIST UNLESS IT IS PALADIN WITH MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom