Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

I'm bored and fucking around trying to make a viable shamech control deck. So far it is a failed experiment, and one of the most boring decks I have ever tried to play to boot! Thinking of crafting Mistcaller. I know he's not that great, but he's the only shaman card I don't have and maybe he could get me a few lolz rages out of this shit.

Edit: also, after playing exactly 15 ranked games this month (almost only playing arena these days), I've been informed I'm in the top %30 of HS players. Holy shit I know there are a lot of baddies in this game, but I thought I was one of them.

Mystary!

Arcane
I'm top 1% appearently.
But those stats are most likely skewed due to all the inactive accounts, or people who just haven't played ranked, sitting at 25.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Finished the season off with a winning streak that took me from 12 to 5 playing aggro secrets pally with Leeroy. Half the time I didn't even need the Challenger, you can put a lot of pressure on the board quickly and sometimes end the game before you even get a chance to play it. Redemption can do some nice things and Competitive Spirit is great with divine shield minions and muster for battle.

Trying to decide what decks to focus on next month...I should probably learn handlock and patron warrior is tempting but not sure I should spend my time with a deck that's probably (?) going to get nerfed. Tempted to craft Malygos and try out a few different classes/builds

I think you mean "pressure on the face".
Yeah, what a surprise, cancer decks are always good for climbing.

GrainWetski

Arcane
People tend to actually play the game and not just 100% netdeck in the first few days of a new season, so take care of that precious time and play some fun decks that you like.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
My experience is that it's worse in the first days where everybody plays facetard decks.
What you're talking about is maybe just playing at low ranks (where you start at the beginning of each season) and sometimes facing new players who don't have a lot of cards.

GrainWetski

Arcane
My experience is that it's worse in the first days where everybody plays facetard decks.
What you're talking about is maybe just playing at low ranks (where you start at the beginning of each season) and sometimes facing new players who don't have a lot of cards.
It certainly happened last season, but I guess it's a lot more true when there are new cards.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It happened last season because TGT was just released. Now the meta has settled it's the same handful of decks. Obviously everyone net decks to some degree but I pride myself on midrange/control rather than shitty gimmicks. And not that I don't appreciate some of you being creative but crafting Malygos? Mistcaller? wut the wut?

Only acceptable legendaries to craft:

Classic (A tier) - Antonidas, Tirion, Grom, Harrison, Sylvanas, Ysera.
Classic (B tier/limited use) - Cenarius, Al'Akir, Jaraxxus, Thalnos, Black Knight (eh, maybe not), Geddon, Rag (not used much anymore), Alex.

GvG (A tier) - Vol'jin, Mal'Ganis, Dr. Boom.
GvG (B tier) - Neptulon.

TGT (A tier) - Justicar.
TGT (B tier) - Rhonin (maybe).
TGT (C tier and probably won't be used a month from now) - Twins, Saraad.

If you don't have all of the above you probably shouldn't be crafting experimental stuff unless you really hate playing Warlock, Priest, Mage, etc. for the class legendaries. Maybe some of the wacky cards of TGT make a comeback but, if not, it's funny to see how shittier the legendaries get with time (which consequently make Sneed's and Paletress even shittier).

Friends, don't make the same mistake I did (crafted Sneed's back during TGT!). Just keep opening packs and you're bound to pull the crappy experimental ones without wasting your dust.

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
Dust is worthless if it's never used.
Better craft something fun and gimmicky now than play boring decks for a year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Use it on good cards. Re: Malygos specifically, it's sort of a win-more card. Unless you're playing spell shaman and can get it out with Ancestor's Call playing it rarely pays off unless you're been pocketing two or three spells the entire game.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
malygos is ok in a super control deck with thaurissan, but outside of that it's p. useless

Andhaira

Arcane
Use it on good cards. Re: Malygos specifically, it's sort of a win-more card. Unless you're playing spell shaman and can get it out with Ancestor's Call playing it rarely pays off unless you're been pocketing two or three spells the entire game.

Or if you have something like Rhonin, Nefarian, Saraad or heck even Spell Slinger to give you spells.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Someone on NA here whom I can obs? I have the Watch and Learn quest.

Add me UglyBastard#2490

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Someone on NA here whom I can obs? I have the Watch and Learn quest.

Add me UglyBastard#2490
Why did you decline my invitation, MEN?

Or if you have something like Rhonin, Nefarian, Saraad or heck even Spell Slinger to give you spells.
And that's assuming you can survive well into turn 12 or so. Rhonin is 8 mana. Nef is 9 (I think)? Saraad requires 7 to get at least one spell. Malygos is a 9 drop. That's a lot of somewhat dead turns to be playing large minions to prime up for some kind of 'spell-splosion.'

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
So, if I wanted to create a deck around the priest card "Confuse"...

22327.png

What are your ideas? (Yes, yes, Nerubian Egg, ok, what else?)
Because I am trying to see if something good/fun can be done with this but only silly decks come out
ideas?

I'm thinking boosting health and playing stuff like Deathlord etc and then using it to swap and finish the game
Dazzle me with your superior deckbuilding skills!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My idea is that if you have that card... dust it. Barring that excellent suggestion go look at the Naxx priest challenge and the decks both Thaddius and you (the player) are provided.

Last edited:
As I said, the only reason that I'm considering crafting Mistcaller is because I don't give a fuck about ladder. I play between 10 and 30 ladder games a month (a majority of which I play shaman) because that shit gets tedious as fuck once you get to rank 13 or so and start grinding against the same three decks over and over. I've been playing this game since shortly after launch now, and I have a big enough collection that I can basically use ranked as my "fuck around with lulzy decks" mode, similar to how most new players use Brawl I think. If I was more competitive in constructed, there are definitely cards I would build over Mistcaller.

TL;DR: If I can get drunk and make some random tard rage after playing my mistcaller at optimal time on an optimal board then I will consider my 1600 dust well-spent.

Unlike Andhaira though, I will not then insist that this makes Mistcaller a top-tier card.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I have Mistcaller on NA and I tried it but it didn't really provide any lulz or much fun at least to me. You can't play it if you're behind even a little and when you do play it... well, so what?
Admittedly it was somewhat entertaining to play an 8/9 Earth Elemental (yeah, I play those on NA) but that's about it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Speaking of the starting of the month... when else do you encounter face mech warriors?

Mystary!

Arcane
It was already a thing last month because some pro streamer got legend with it very quickly.
Mostly works because noone expects it.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
So, if I wanted to create a deck around the priest card "Confuse"...

22327.png

What are your ideas? (Yes, yes, Nerubian Egg, ok, what else?)
Because I am trying to see if something good/fun can be done with this but only silly decks come out
ideas?

I'm thinking boosting health and playing stuff like Deathlord etc and then using it to swap and finish the game
Dazzle me with your superior deckbuilding skills!
That shitty 1/8 minion that heals your face when you use your hero ability. 2x Divine Spirit and Confuse/Crazed Alchemist is 32 damage! Add in a Velen's Chosen or two and you can even OHK some semi-armored up Warriors. Not many people will care about the 1/8 minion that heals your face for 2, so it shouldn't be hard to keep it alive for a turn or two.

Of course many people will realize what you're doing, so they'll just kill it, but it'll work against shitty players and players that can't remove them!

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Of course many people will realize what you're doing, so they'll just kill it, but it'll work against shitty players and players that can't remove them!

no need to be mean man, i know it's probably not viable, it was just some silly idea
i'm going to cry in the corner now

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Went against a Warlock. His turns:

Flame Imp - Nerubian Egg - Dire Wolf Alpha - Implosion/Dire Wolf Alpha - turn 5 wrap up.

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom